Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Online Deals › Expired Deals › [Amazon] 96GB Kingston SSD $95 AR, FREE SHIPPING!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Amazon] 96GB Kingston SSD $95 AR, FREE SHIPPING! - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkalurk View Post
hmmm....the large temptations are there.......$1 per gigabyte on a SSD is a very good price. Too bad the brakes on my car are having problems, and early estimates say I may have to drop $1200 on it......
They always rip you off. A $1200 brake job usually will only run you at most $3000 if you do it yourself. I worked on a car that had to get it's "rotors, calipers, and pads" replace (as quoted by the dealership), and they asked $1500 for the job. It ended up costing $250 and 2 hours of work.
post #22 of 31
Quote:
IMPORTANT!:
It seems to be temporarily out of stock at the moment, but as long as the invoice falls within the rebate time frame, postmarking is allowed within 30 days of purchase. According to Amazon, "Order now and we'll deliver when available." So you can just buy now, submit the rebate, and the drive will be shipped when available!
It seems to me that if you do it this way, wouldn't your invoice date be the date it came back in stock, or would they go ahead and charge you now for the purchase? I've never paid for an item before it was in stock, so I really don't know how they do it and am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this.
post #23 of 31
Showing it as $171 now, meaning it will be $121 AR. Is this correct? Or do I buy from one of the other sellers (AHC24, J&R, etc) and hope that the rebate applies? The text from the rebate states:
Quote:
Receive a cash rebate when you purchase specified Kingston product from Amazon.com. Valid from May 2, 2011 through May 8, 2011.
What do you all think?
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Asus 5850 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB F3 Windows 7 Pro ViewSonic 21.5" LED 1920x1080 Logitech G11 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 D0 Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Asus 5850 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB F3 Windows 7 Pro ViewSonic 21.5" LED 1920x1080 Logitech G11 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
It seems to me that if you do it this way, wouldn't your invoice date be the date it came back in stock, or would they go ahead and charge you now for the purchase? I've never paid for an item before it was in stock, so I really don't know how they do it and am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this.
They won't charge you anything until the order is actually shipped. I think the invoice date would be the date that they charge you but don't quote me on that. I'll just wait like 2-3 weeks for them to get it in stock, by then if it's still OOS, ill just cancel my order.
~|Nanpa|~
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|A8-3870k 3.5Ghz| |Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H| |Onboard 6550D -_-| |Samsung 30nm Low Profile 2133 Cas9| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|Corsair Force GT 90GB|WD 820GB| |SamSung BluRay| |Stock Heatsink -_-| |Win 7 Ultimate x64| 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
|Samsung S27A950 120Hz 3D| |Microsoft SideWinder X4| |CorSaiR HX650| |Open TechBench|White LeDs|PurPle UV| 
MouseMouse PadAudio
|Microsoft SideWinder X8| |SteelSeries Diablo III| |OnBoard| 
  hide details  
Reply
~|Nanpa|~
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|A8-3870k 3.5Ghz| |Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H| |Onboard 6550D -_-| |Samsung 30nm Low Profile 2133 Cas9| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|Corsair Force GT 90GB|WD 820GB| |SamSung BluRay| |Stock Heatsink -_-| |Win 7 Ultimate x64| 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
|Samsung S27A950 120Hz 3D| |Microsoft SideWinder X4| |CorSaiR HX650| |Open TechBench|White LeDs|PurPle UV| 
MouseMouse PadAudio
|Microsoft SideWinder X8| |SteelSeries Diablo III| |OnBoard| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Dont you need the upc from the packaging for the rebate? It will be way out of timeframe for the rebate.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-2410M @ 2.9ghz Nvidia GT 540M 1GB DDR3 4GB DDR3 1333mhz 500GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 Home 64 1366x768 gloss 90w power brick Acer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-2410M @ 2.9ghz Nvidia GT 540M 1GB DDR3 4GB DDR3 1333mhz 500GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 Home 64 1366x768 gloss 90w power brick Acer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 31
WOW! rep
Night Stalker
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD3-B3 GeForce GTX 660 Corsair xms3 4gb (2x2gb) 1600 1.6v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 pro OCZ Agility 3 Wd Black  1tb Hitachi Deskstar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi sata hd Optiarc DVD RW Scythe Mugen 2 windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22 inch hannspree monitor, 17 inch x2gen monitor CM Storm Quick Fire 600 watt ocz nzxt Phantom (Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Roccat Kone XTD Steel series UE 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
Night Stalker
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD3-B3 GeForce GTX 660 Corsair xms3 4gb (2x2gb) 1600 1.6v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 pro OCZ Agility 3 Wd Black  1tb Hitachi Deskstar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi sata hd Optiarc DVD RW Scythe Mugen 2 windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22 inch hannspree monitor, 17 inch x2gen monitor CM Storm Quick Fire 600 watt ocz nzxt Phantom (Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Roccat Kone XTD Steel series UE 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocnewb View Post
They won't charge you anything until the order is actually shipped. I think the invoice date would be the date that they charge you but don't quote me on that. I'll just wait like 2-3 weeks for them to get it in stock, by then if it's still OOS, ill just cancel my order.

That's what my concern is...the invoice date will be outside of the dates on the rebate (valid through May 8th). It won't matter how long you have to mail in the rebate, if the purchase isn't made within the rebate period, it is not valid...or am I missing the obvious?

You need the restock to take place prior to May 8th and invoiced to you by that date, or you'll be outside the rebate period. If they charge you now, then you could take your chance that it will be restocked and shipped to you within the time frame for mailing the rebate (as you need the UPC off the packaging). Without these being in restocked prior to May 8th, it seems the chances of getting your rebate are pretty slim.
Edited by Reefa_Madness - 5/5/11 at 6:16pm
post #28 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
That's what my concern is...the invoice date will be outside of the dates on the rebate (valid through May 8th). It won't matter how long you have to mail in the rebate, if the purchase isn't made within the rebate period, it is not valid...or am I missing the obvious?

You need the restock to take place prior to May 8th and invoiced to you by that date, or you'll be outside the rebate period. If they charge you now, then you could take your chance that it will be restocked and shipped to you within the time frame for mailing the rebate (as you need the UPC off the packaging). Without these being in restocked prior to May 8th, it seems the chances of getting your rebate are pretty slim.
Well, they made an invoice when I purchased it (which is when I also paid). You can access the invoice on your amazon account. I printed one out just to be safe. It provides proof that I bought it and paid for it within the rebate period, which is all Kingston really needs to see. Just because the invoice says "not yet shipped" doesn't mean you didn't pay for it
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3x Intel X25-V 40GB SSD & 2x Hitachi 1TB HDD Windows 7 Professional Samsung xl2370 Antec CP-1000 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3x Intel X25-V 40GB SSD & 2x Hitachi 1TB HDD Windows 7 Professional Samsung xl2370 Antec CP-1000 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme9003 View Post
Well, they made an invoice when I purchased it (which is when I also paid). You can access the invoice on your amazon account. I printed one out just to be safe. It provides proof that I bought it and paid for it within the rebate period, which is all Kingston really needs to see. Just because the invoice says "not yet shipped" doesn't mean you didn't pay for it

Well, that does clarify my main question, which is that the invoice be dated between the applicable dates for the rebates. Given that is how it is being done, I don't see how you would have any problems getting the rebate if the item is restocked in time.

Fine deal you've found and I may just have to jump on it.

Edit: Except for the fact that they've bumped the price up to $171 before the $50 rebate. Bummer.
Edited by Reefa_Madness - 5/6/11 at 9:01am
post #30 of 31
Thread Starter 
price dropped back to $152. Rebate expires today, and less than 20 in stock. Grab them before they're gone!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3x Intel X25-V 40GB SSD & 2x Hitachi 1TB HDD Windows 7 Professional Samsung xl2370 Antec CP-1000 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3x Intel X25-V 40GB SSD & 2x Hitachi 1TB HDD Windows 7 Professional Samsung xl2370 Antec CP-1000 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Expired Deals
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Online Deals › Expired Deals › [Amazon] 96GB Kingston SSD $95 AR, FREE SHIPPING!