Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [CVG] Xbox 720 in line for shock E3 reveal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG] Xbox 720 in line for shock E3 reveal - Page 5  

post #41 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude View Post
That's kind of hard to do because anytime you try chatting/talking on a PC you will have every single angry 13 year old typing "**** *** **** **" almost immediately.

That's why when I play on a PC I play just for points or kills.
On XBOX, I barely cared, and only played for fun.

Example: getting a person in my party and then going into a game and goofing off. One fun thing I used to do is get a friend and play SnD on MW2. We would both dash for the bomb and when one of us gets it, we stay at the back of the map doing nothing until we are the last two. Then, when we have everyone spectating us, we would spin around for two minutes, after which we blow up ourselves with an RPG and get everyone mad.
On a PC, I get kicked from servers just for moving too slowly, or because the admin wants to play big boy. In fact, I only play games/gametypes with large amounts of people, since that is not possible on an xbox.

I've little kids and rednecks on XBL, but the thing is, you mute the idiots and play with the people that you actually have fun playing with. Or you troll them until they leave.
so what your saying is that you play xbox just becuase you can be an idiot and have "fun"? so staying alive until the last and then killing yourself just to anger people......yea thats fun for everyone else. Then you complain about being kicked from PC servers? see heres the thing....what you just said there...thats the reason PC is much better and the actual players tend to be more skilled. Servers have admins for a reason, to keep the game flow going, to stop morons from dragging it out and to stop people from camping, hacking, exploiting or otherwise.....unlike the xbox and ps3 where this cannot be done....ontop of that the PC doesnt get as many kids as you say it does...simply for the fact that to play most modern/popular games you need something that doesnt run on 7 year old graphics and performance, atleast to keep up that is. So you complain that your kicked for walking to slowly?

Your also saying that the pc group is childish, but yet you say in the above statement made by you that you troll people till they leave? that sounds like something a 13 year old would do when someone tells them to shut up....on PC, you can mute them as well, unless your too retarded to know how to go into the options menu.....and i love pc gaming because not only is there admin control BUT unless its an MMO i dont have to pay each month to play (xbox) or have a garbage online service with issues (PS3) or choppy game play (Wii).....

it just seems like your trying to troll this post and get people angry...but all your really doing is making yourself look like a complete tool......go troll on your xbox or mute the kids, and please before you insult the mouse/keyboard players...it takes a lot more skill to be good at a mouse/keyboard then it does a controller....hence why the xbox and ps3 games give you the option of AUTOAIM....no PC fps game i have ever played in the 15 years of pc gaming i have done has ever had that option......so please....dont say "it takes more skill to play a controller".....it is just cheaper....thats why there are so many more xbox and ps3 than PC gamers.....
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
post #42 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhe4e12345 View Post
so what your saying is that you play xbox just becuase you can be an idiot and have "fun"? so staying alive until the last and then killing yourself just to anger people......yea thats fun for everyone else. Then you complain about being kicked from PC servers? see heres the thing....what you just said there...thats the reason PC is much better and the actual players tend to be more skilled. Servers have admins for a reason, to keep the game flow going, to stop morons from dragging it out and to stop people from camping, hacking, exploiting or otherwise.....unlike the xbox and ps3 where this cannot be done....ontop of that the PC doesnt get as many kids as you say it does...simply for the fact that to play most modern/popular games you need something that doesnt run on 7 year old graphics and performance, atleast to keep up that is. So you complain that your kicked for walking to slowly?

Your also saying that the pc group is childish, but yet you say in the above statement made by you that you troll people till they leave? that sounds like something a 13 year old would do when someone tells them to shut up....on PC, you can mute them as well, unless your too retarded to know how to go into the options menu.....and i love pc gaming because not only is there admin control BUT unless its an MMO i dont have to pay each month to play (xbox) or have a garbage online service with issues (PS3) or choppy game play (Wii).....

it just seems like your trying to troll this post and get people angry...but all your really doing is making yourself look like a complete tool
......go troll on your xbox or mute the kids, and please before you insult the mouse/keyboard players...it takes a lot more skill to be good at a mouse/keyboard then it does a controller....hence why the xbox and ps3 games give you the option of AUTOAIM....no PC fps game i have ever played in the 15 years of pc gaming i have done has ever had that option......so please....dont say "it takes more skill to play a controller".....it is just cheaper....thats why there are so many more xbox and ps3 than PC gamers.....
Pot calling kettle, you are black!
post #43 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post
I just want official mouse and keyboard support, Then we can pwn contards and show whos bawss
Yes please.
M+KB for FPS when I want to get serious, controller for my racing / arcade games.
post #44 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
Microsoft already proved this with a project they abandoned a while back. Since MS is on both sides, with the 360 and Windows they wanted to create something that let both play together. They figured broaden the community experience etc. and get more populated games...

Well once they actually started testing this and had PC players linked into the same game as console players...there was so much domination that they couldn't even begin to think of a way to fairly handicap the PC players to make it even playing field.
They ditched the project after that.
Excatly, thanks for bringing that test up also. I played Halo 2/3 and various other popular console shooters, the phantom headshots because of autoaim were ridiculous, very large hitboxes compared to PC. So just because console gamers are having fierce firefights doesn't mean they are truly owning like PC gamers. The MS test proves that PC and consoles are still separated by kb/m, when will they implement it? Who knows.

KB/m goes against everything MS/Sony promotes with their wireless/hands-free controls and ability to game on the couch.
Edited by WorldExclusive - 5/6/11 at 11:35am
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
post #45 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
KB/m is far more handicapped for it's users though. You have gaming mice that can read up to 5600 dots per inch, PS/2 interface with a lot less input lag than what you would find in controllers.

It really has nothing to do with skill at all. It's funny that PC gamers think such a thing.

Fact is, the playing field is even for each respective space, consoles and PCs. Just because you think your l337 because you play with an ultra-sensitive mouse, doesn't mean you'll be l337 with a gamepad.
That's the first time I've ever heard some one say PC gaming takes no skill because it's so precise. Props to you for an original argument, but it's a bogus one.
Brain surgery is extremely precise, but is that easy?

I also choose to disagree about the controller...my xbox has been sitting idle in my closet for over 2 years collecting dust. Of course a few friends have theirs in use still, and the last time I was with a group of friends and one decided to turn on the console and play MW2...when my "turn" came around I dominated 13-1 within the first 5 minutes after not having played xbox in maybe a year.
It's easy.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
post #46 of 235
http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/21...-were-too-bad/

There's the article everyone is referring to about PC and console gamers.

So you can now either admit that it's KB+M > Joystick in most cases or admit to playing consoles because you suck at video games.

Alternatively I guess you can stick your fingers in your ears and go "nanananananananana" like you do when a PC gamer brings up a graphic comparison.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #47 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post
Excatly, thanks for bringing that test up also. I played Halo 2/3 and various other popular console shooters, the phantom headshots because of autoaim were ridiculous, very large hitboxes compared to PC. So just because console gamers are having fierce firefights doesn't mean they are truly owning like PC gamers. The MS test proves that PC and consoles are still separated by kb/m, when will they implement it? Who knows.
lol yea I know what you mean, I used to play in like "novice" or w.e. Halo 2 tournaments back in the day...it's just a different type of game play compared to PC.

They won't ever implement kb/m to consoles. Consoles are marketed towards a different audience. If you want skill based competitive gaming, or just a general experience to test your skills in an in depth game then you turn to PC gaming.
If you want casual game play, where you can come home and just sit on the couch and relax and hold a controller in your hands, and don't really care about who's better or who's worse but don't want a shut out to happen...you turn to a Console. They are designed so any one, any age, can have fun on a simple level. No problem in that...

Except for when people loose sight of what a console is marketed towards, and start trying to compare it to PC, start bragging about how good they are at it (as if it took skill to get that good ), or god forbid say it's a more skilled game play than PC. That is where the problem shows up.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
post #48 of 235
Thread Starter 
guys... What does the article have to do with the ongoing PC vs. console argument?
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
post #49 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroxide View Post
http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/21...-were-too-bad/

There's the article everyone is referring to about PC and console gamers.

So you can now either admit that it's KB+M > Joystick in most cases or admit to playing consoles because you suck at video games.

Alternatively I guess you can stick your fingers in your ears and go "nanananananananana" like you do when a PC gamer brings up a graphic comparison.
Thanks for linking the article, I was too lazy to actually search and link it. I just remembered what it said from last time I read it.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
post #50 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude View Post
Because when I'm playing with a controller, on an XBOX, I don't want a tard with a mouse and no skill to show up and headshot everyone, all while bragging how good he is.

Playing a shooter with a controller is a challenge, and if someone with a mouse shows up, it will ruin the game.

There is a device out there already that lets you plug in a normal USB mouse and use it on your 360. People hate it.

And let's face it, I started gaming on a console and got a PC later, and I can tell you:
PC gamers are not the "Glorious master race" and console gamers are not "peasants" like everyone here says. I've played with better people on XBL than I will ever play with on a PC.

But W/E, it's just my opinion

And also, computers spoiled me. Now I actually don't like the graphics I see on an xbox. I was perfectly fine with them until I got a PC.
i jsut want to say that you played with better people on XBL then you have on PC, well.....why not go and get PC gamer friends? i have met a lot of great people via steam and counter strike and WOW(when i played it) and i have met people i didnt like. ANYTIME i played xbl with my younger brother, no matter the game all i ever heard was racist insults and how amazing they were at Halo or MW2.....and i jsut laughed at them....the average age on XBL is def 11-15 and you can tell...
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [CVG] Xbox 720 in line for shock E3 reveal