Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [CVG] Xbox 720 in line for shock E3 reveal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG] Xbox 720 in line for shock E3 reveal - Page 8  

post #71 of 235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
You posted this on a PC forum, where the mass majority builds their PC's for gaming...what did you expect?
you know.. more of a civil discussion about what the next gen platform might be and how it might be demo'd or something along those lines.

I don't need to hear this "Ima moar of a man bcuz I play on a PC!" If you want to compare the platforms then please go ahead, but since this is an article about the next gen platforms I seriously fail to see the relevance of the argument about current platforms...

I think all of us have discussed the price/power/games/etc. about current consoles vs. the PC. would you guys please even talk about the "xbox 720" vs. the PC.
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
post #72 of 235
The fail is strong with this thread
post #73 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_J View Post
Im pretty sure all the xbox prototypes started as PCs in large cases, I know for a fact that the 360 did. Probably the same with the ps3.
Even the PS3 was first shown using PC hardware.

The poster was simply an idiot and going to try and justify his post over and over when if he was smart enough, he would have just edited the whole thing out. It's really too late for since multiple people have quoted him.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #74 of 235
Web browsers, Apple and consoles. Why do these threads always get derailed?
post #75 of 235
They should make an XBOX CD/DVD Drive so we can play XBOX games on our PC's =]
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i72600K Sandybridge @ 4.8ghz MSi P67A-GD65 Galaxy GTX 580 @930mhz GSkill CL7 2x4gb 1333 @ 1866 9-10-9-24-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 128gb SSD w/1TB HDD Asus DVD-RW/CDRW Windows 7 Professional Gateway HD2201 22in LED 1080 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-850 Azza Salano 1000 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i72600K Sandybridge @ 4.8ghz MSi P67A-GD65 Galaxy GTX 580 @930mhz GSkill CL7 2x4gb 1333 @ 1866 9-10-9-24-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 128gb SSD w/1TB HDD Asus DVD-RW/CDRW Windows 7 Professional Gateway HD2201 22in LED 1080 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-850 Azza Salano 1000 
  hide details  
post #76 of 235
Win
 
The Hoover
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k P8P67 EVO XFX 6870 2GB Corsair Vengeance LP White 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB BluRay Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus G245HQ Corsair 700 Corsair 800D R.A.T 5 
Audio
Corsair HS-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550 M4A785TDV-EVO XFX 6870  4GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB WD Caviar Black LG DVD+RW hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
PowerCase
550w OCZ Fatality AeroCool: AeroEngine Plus 
  hide details  
 
The Hoover
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k P8P67 EVO XFX 6870 2GB Corsair Vengeance LP White 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB BluRay Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus G245HQ Corsair 700 Corsair 800D R.A.T 5 
Audio
Corsair HS-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550 M4A785TDV-EVO XFX 6870  4GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB WD Caviar Black LG DVD+RW hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
PowerCase
550w OCZ Fatality AeroCool: AeroEngine Plus 
  hide details  
post #77 of 235
I think the xbox 720 should have a quad core processor, hd6870 2gb version and 4gb of ram. 1TB hard drive and steam. A PC with those specs would fall under $400. and then you can count discounts for mass purchasing, kicking out the retailers, etc. Its very feasible imo. and that games that would come would look outstanding. There would be so much that they could do with it. The tesselation and physics capabilities...jizz. On the negative side, console exclusive games probably would look better than pc games for a little while.
Edited by Tempest001 - 5/6/11 at 12:31pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 3.2Ghz GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3L MSI.hd6950 2gb flashed to 6970 OCZ Gold 4gb @ 1280mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Black 750GB Lite-on 22X DVD±R Burner Windows 7 x64 Acer 23" Full HD 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech ultra slim keyboard BFG Tech GS-550 550W IKONIK Zaria A10 Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 3.2Ghz GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3L MSI.hd6950 2gb flashed to 6970 OCZ Gold 4gb @ 1280mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Black 750GB Lite-on 22X DVD±R Burner Windows 7 x64 Acer 23" Full HD 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech ultra slim keyboard BFG Tech GS-550 550W IKONIK Zaria A10 Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
post #78 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
Web browsers, Apple and consoles. Why do these threads always get derailed?
Personally, I have nothing wrong with chromes release timetabl..

DAMN IT
Perdi's machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III/PE OC 6GB Corsair XMS3 Classic 1600mhz 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F1 1TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster B2230 22" 16:09 Logitech G15 2nd rev. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850W CoolerMaster 690 II Razer Copperhead 
  hide details  
Perdi's machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III/PE OC 6GB Corsair XMS3 Classic 1600mhz 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F1 1TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster B2230 22" 16:09 Logitech G15 2nd rev. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850W CoolerMaster 690 II Razer Copperhead 
  hide details  
post #79 of 235
woopsy wrong thread lol
Edited by GoTMaXPoWeR - 5/6/11 at 12:29pm
Lightning
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P XFX HD6950 DD 2GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 64GB Samsung F2 1.5TB Seagate 500GB LG GH20NS15 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Optiarc AD-7261S Win7 64bit 22" LG L226WTQ 19" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 6Gv2  Silverstone ST75F 750W Modular Fractal Design Arc Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Diablo 3 Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm Fiio E9 Headphone Amp X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Lightning
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P XFX HD6950 DD 2GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 64GB Samsung F2 1.5TB Seagate 500GB LG GH20NS15 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Optiarc AD-7261S Win7 64bit 22" LG L226WTQ 19" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 6Gv2  Silverstone ST75F 750W Modular Fractal Design Arc Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Diablo 3 Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm Fiio E9 Headphone Amp X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
post #80 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
The only problem I see is with delusional, elitist PC gamers who have this false sense of self-entitlement, looking for a reason to justify the small fortune that they spend on their hardware so they turn their sights on console gamers who spent only a fraction on their hardware to get the exact same experience.

You seem like a guy that loves to twist arguments and build straw-men only to refute them in your very same drivel.

Consoles can be very much like PC gaming in any respect, be it casual or "hardcore." Why else do they have competitions with games like Halo and Madden were contestants compete for thousands just like PC gamers. If we stick to your narrow-minded views, how do you explain that?

I guess I'm also misjudging your own knowledge about the platform you love so much. Casual gaming, something you obviously detest, is far larger on PC than consoles, and its more important to boot. So I guess that disproves your theory about consoles "not being serious for gaming" when your very own platform is the largest casual platform there is.

Consoles are for everyone, serious or not, it's only when narrow-minded gamers like you try to impose their overly biased views when its no longer about fun.
Competitions for consoles? They have novice class car racing don't they? You can take a Van or SUV onto the Nurburgring can't you? You can take your stock street driven car to the drag strip, none of those however make your car considered a race car and to call it so would be asinine. Consoles are not the "race cars" that PC's are, it's plain and simple. There's a flaw in that analogy of both cases being cases of driving, but hopefully you can realize it's only an analogy to show that just because there is a competition for something doesn't mean it automatically makes it level to higher forms of competition. There's classes.

Casual gaming is a moot point in the argument, the argument I'm combating is that Consoles are a skilled platform full of eliteness and somehow better than PC's. There is no real elitness, on either side, in casual gaming. Back to the car analogy, most people wouldn't consider a Honda Civic better than a Corvette Z06. Unless of course you say "my Civic is better because all I care about is MPG" then the Civic is better.
But that isn't the case here.

If the console argument (Civic) would have just came in here and said "Consoles are better for me because I like to come home from work, unwind by relaxing in my favorite lazy boy chair, put my feet up, look at a large screen and play a round of MW2 with some friends, where I don't have to worry about how much I'm dominating the score boards because it's all fair and even game play that the game devs and MS worked hard to create"
Then I would have no problem with that. However, not one person came in here saying that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
you know.. more of a civil discussion about what the next gen platform might be and how it might be demo'd or something along those lines.

I don't need to hear this "Ima moar of a man bcuz I play on a PC!" If you want to compare the platforms then please go ahead, but since this is an article about the next gen platforms I seriously fail to see the relevance of the argument about current platforms...

I think all of us have discussed the price/power/games/etc. about current consoles vs. the PC. would you guys please even talk about the "xbox 720" vs. the PC.
Yeah, well this is OCN and there are a lot of little kids, or just funny reacting people like that guy above me, and I like to troll them so sorry lol.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [CVG] Xbox 720 in line for shock E3 reveal