Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › [Official] Gentle Typhoon 2150 Group Buy Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gentle Typhoon 2150 Group Buy Thread - Page 241

post #2401 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by threephi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorxMAL View Post

If I buy these fans, will I get them before the group buy fans I'm still waiting for? These are identical to the ones the group buy ordered...
NorxMAL, just so you know and in case you haven't learned, the group buy imploded and died over a year ago so no, I wouldn't wait for them wink.gif

Dude, don't you see these are the fans the group buy bought? Or did you actually get the fans (You are at least checked for having them shipped)?
Even the details like the barebones not having a fan header attached and the dymo printed stickers on the completes should give people plenty of clue that these indeed are the group buy fans, those remaining who were never shipped out...

Edit : Added a link
Edit 2 : Fixed a sentence
Edited by NorxMAL - 1/15/14 at 6:19pm
post #2402 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorxMAL View Post

Dude, don't you see these are the fans the group buy bought? Or did you actually get the fans (You are at least checked for having them shipped)?
Even the details like the barebones not having a fan header attached and the dymo printed stickers on the completes should give people plenty of clue that these indeed are the group buy fans, those remaining who were never shipped out...

Edit : Added a link
Edit 2 : Fixed a sentence

First off, I admit this is none of my business since my stake in the group buy is closed out. But yeah, it does appear that the fans now on sale with tank guys might be the actual undelivered fans left over after the group buy died. I had thought the same thing, given all the similarities and the apparent OCN staff involvement, but it's just a speculation.

Regardless, the group buy itself is dead dead dead. I was indeed one of the people who never got his fans, and took a refund from OCN (yay OCN!thumb.gif). My point though was only that you shouldn't wait for the group buy to come through since that died a pathetic lingering death a year ago, and isn't coming back. The way the final chapter went down was, the guy handling shipping them out got overwhelmed and/or had some kind of meltdown, and OCN started issuing refunds to people who never got their fans after something around a year and a half of waiting and no reasonable expectation they would ever receive them. That made the actual fans OCN's property, so if our assumption is correct, it appears they eventually managed to gain custody of them, and are now selling them through tank guys (or sold them in bulk directly to tank guys) to offset the cost of the refunds.

Anyway, unless there's something special being worked out with tank guys for the "missing" group buy participants who got neither fans nor refunds, one of whom you appear to be, and which I would have no way of knowing since I'm not, I would assume that the sale of the fans through tank guys is not part of the actual group buy itself.

If you haven't gotten a refund yet, I would recommend contacting the OCN forum manager, ENTERPRISE. He was truly fantastic in stepping up and helping out everyone who was screwed over by this debacle, preserving OCN's good name in the process.

If you still want to buy some fans, go to tank guys, but again, barring something special having been worked out, I"m guessing you'll have to pay for them normally. I ended up buying them from frozencpu last spring, and they're great fans biggrin.gif
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2403 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by threephi View Post

First off, I admit this is none of my business since my stake in the group buy is closed out. But yeah, it does appear that the fans now on sale with tank guys might be the actual undelivered fans left over after the group buy died. I had thought the same thing, given all the similarities and the apparent OCN staff involvement, but it's just a speculation.

Regardless, the group buy itself is dead dead dead. I was indeed one of the people who never got his fans, and took a refund from OCN (yay OCN!thumb.gif). My point though was only that you shouldn't wait for the group buy to come through since that died a pathetic lingering death a year ago, and isn't coming back. The way the final chapter went down was, the guy handling shipping them out got overwhelmed and/or had some kind of meltdown, and OCN started issuing refunds to people who never got their fans after something around a year and a half of waiting and no reasonable expectation they would ever receive them. That made the actual fans OCN's property, so if our assumption is correct, it appears they eventually managed to gain custody of them, and are now selling them through tank guys (or sold them in bulk directly to tank guys) to offset the cost of the refunds.

Anyway, unless there's something special being worked out with tank guys for the "missing" group buy participants who got neither fans nor refunds, one of whom you appear to be, and which I would have no way of knowing since I'm not, I would assume that the sale of the fans through tank guys is not part of the actual group buy itself.

If you haven't gotten a refund yet, I would recommend contacting the OCN forum manager, ENTERPRISE. He was truly fantastic in stepping up and helping out everyone who was screwed over by this debacle, preserving OCN's good name in the process.

If you still want to buy some fans, go to tank guys, but again, barring something special having been worked out, I"m guessing you'll have to pay for them normally. I ended up buying them from frozencpu last spring, and they're great fans biggrin.gif


Wasn't there something in the thread that said some of the barebones didn't have the 3 pin connectors? Does that mean I will have to wire my own?
post #2404 of 2446
That's correct, barebones come with no connector so you need to wire your own.
post #2405 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by threephi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorxMAL View Post

Dude, don't you see these are the fans the group buy bought? Or did you actually get the fans (You are at least checked for having them shipped)?
Even the details like the barebones not having a fan header attached and the dymo printed stickers on the completes should give people plenty of clue that these indeed are the group buy fans, those remaining who were never shipped out...

Edit : Added a link
Edit 2 : Fixed a sentence

First off, I admit this is none of my business since my stake in the group buy is closed out. But yeah, it does appear that the fans now on sale with tank guys might be the actual undelivered fans left over after the group buy died. I had thought the same thing, given all the similarities and the apparent OCN staff involvement, but it's just a speculation.

Regardless, the group buy itself is dead dead dead. I was indeed one of the people who never got his fans, and took a refund from OCN (yay OCN!thumb.gif). My point though was only that you shouldn't wait for the group buy to come through since that died a pathetic lingering death a year ago, and isn't coming back. The way the final chapter went down was, the guy handling shipping them out got overwhelmed and/or had some kind of meltdown, and OCN started issuing refunds to people who never got their fans after something around a year and a half of waiting and no reasonable expectation they would ever receive them. That made the actual fans OCN's property, so if our assumption is correct, it appears they eventually managed to gain custody of them, and are now selling them through tank guys (or sold them in bulk directly to tank guys) to offset the cost of the refunds.

Anyway, unless there's something special being worked out with tank guys for the "missing" group buy participants who got neither fans nor refunds, one of whom you appear to be, and which I would have no way of knowing since I'm not, I would assume that the sale of the fans through tank guys is not part of the actual group buy itself.

If you haven't gotten a refund yet, I would recommend contacting the OCN forum manager, ENTERPRISE. He was truly fantastic in stepping up and helping out everyone who was screwed over by this debacle, preserving OCN's good name in the process.

If you still want to buy some fans, go to tank guys, but again, barring something special having been worked out, I"m guessing you'll have to pay for them normally. I ended up buying them from frozencpu last spring, and they're great fans biggrin.gif

Why would I buy fans that they have increased $3 and $4 in price which I already have paid for (The complete was $12 when I got into the group buy btw)? Also the shipping itself was almost as much as the fans themselves, which I most likely will never get back since FTW PC no longer exists...
This deal never got a definite ending, in that it never was said it was over etc. It was just Enterprise offered to refund money and said it was ongoing investigation and they were talking with mort, and I guess most people just jumped off the wagon then. I have read every post on the separate threads, in which at least one of them has been deleted. I really want my fans instead of the money, because of multiple reasons.
post #2406 of 2446
Who ripped the scab here? tongue.gif

It was a hell of a group buy. Literally, hell. The devil himself. One thing after another. And yet after (how many years), it goes on and on and on...
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2407 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

That's correct, barebones come with no connector so you need to wire your own.
... Honestly how much money can a manufacturer save by doing that.... Does it at least have a wire? Or do I have to use my garbage soldering skills and iron to attach a wire
post #2408 of 2446
Barebones has wires smile.gif
post #2409 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

Barebones has wires smile.gif

Well that's a relief. Are fan connectors like Ethernet headers? (You just feed the wires and use a tool to keep them in place?) I found a 5pc pack on eBay for 5$. Now now do u lock lock the wire to the header?


Did some research, so judging by the pictures there isn't even one of those metal connector bits. So something like this would be good right? http://m.ebay.ca/itm/271352465033?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

...now I wish I bought 10 fans instead of 5
Edited by Roy360 - 1/16/14 at 9:37am
post #2410 of 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorxMAL View Post

Why would I buy fans that they have increased $3 and $4 in price which I already have paid for (The complete was $12 when I got into the group buy btw)? Also the shipping itself was almost as much as the fans themselves, which I most likely will never get back since FTW PC no longer exists...
This deal never got a definite ending, in that it never was said it was over etc. It was just Enterprise offered to refund money and said it was ongoing investigation and they were talking with mort, and I guess most people just jumped off the wagon then. I have read every post on the separate threads, in which at least one of them has been deleted. I really want my fans instead of the money, because of multiple reasons.
I feel your pain bro. I waited it out as long as I could but it reached a point where it was clear those fans just weren't going to come. For me, that was almost exactly 53 weeks ago. I hope you've reached out to ENTERPRISE already since he's really the only one who can answer your questions.
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Cooling Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › [Official] Gentle Typhoon 2150 Group Buy Thread