Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Online Deals › Expired Deals › [moofi]Refurb Razer Orochi $40 shipped
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[moofi]Refurb Razer Orochi $40 shipped - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
That mouse is tempting..... Been looking for a wire/wireless mouse for SC2 on my laptop.
Just so you know, the mamba requires the charging base to use wireless which limits its portability. The orochi is much better as a travel wireless mouse, especially if your laptop has built in bluetooth.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovboi View Post
Just so you know, the mamba requires the charging base to use wireless which limits its portability. The orochi is much better as a travel wireless mouse, especially if your laptop has built in bluetooth.
Good to know! Does Bluetooth hinder it's performance vs the mamba's style of wireless?
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
Good to know! Does Bluetooth hinder it's performance vs the mamba's style of wireless?
Yes, the two really aren't even close. The Mamba's wireless is equal to its wired performance. Orochi's wireless is pretty good but it is much more limited:

1. polling is lowered to 125hz in wireless mode (wired goes to 1000hz)

2. max dpi is lowered to 2000 in wireless mode (wired goes to 4000)

3. the sleep timer is set in firmware for just 3 seconds of inactivity. This may or may not impact your gaming. If you look for it, of course, it will become annoying. However, I find that most of the time I never notice it because the mouse is constantly moving when gaming.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovboi View Post
Yes, the two really aren't even close. The Mamba's wireless is equal to its wired performance. Orochi's wireless is pretty good but it is much more limited:

1. polling is lowered to 125hz in wireless mode (wired goes to 1000hz)

2. max dpi is lowered to 2000 in wireless mode (wired goes to 4000)

3. the sleep timer is set in firmware for just 3 seconds of inactivity. This may or may not impact your gaming. If you look for it, of course, it will become annoying. However, I find that most of the time I never notice it because the mouse is constantly moving when gaming.
I remember reading that, but I have no idea what the threshold is for the polling rate to not make a difference with more Hz. I'm using a logitech G3 with 500hz and like 1500 DPI or so. 2000 DPI is a little too fast for me. Too bad the wireless on the Orochi sucks and the Mamba has a stupid charge base that I have to take around with me.
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
I remember reading that, but I have no idea what the threshold is for the polling rate to not make a difference with more Hz. I'm using a logitech G3 with 500hz and like 1500 DPI or so. 2000 DPI is a little too fast for me. Too bad the wireless on the Orochi sucks and the Mamba has a stupid charge base that I have to take around with me.
Well I wouldn't say that the orochi's wireless sucks. I've been quite happy with it, actually. It's just that you can't really compare it with the Mamba. For what it's worth, I use an orochi with my m11x which has a small screen so I never max out the dpi beyond 2000.

If you want a wireless mouse with size & performance comparable to the Mamba, you might want to check out the logitech g700 as it has a tiny USB receiver instead of a charging station.
post #16 of 19
bump for this still being available!
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovboi View Post
They have a Mamba refurb for $65 shipped, as well:

http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/fragme
Thanks for the heads up about the Mamba, I picked one up, not from moofi though, sellout.woot.com still has them in stock.

+rep
post #18 of 19
how long are moofi's up for? i get payed on the 22nd >_> thinking of picking up 2
Mini-Box
(18 items)
 
 
Flowery Pink
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe Evga Gtx 670 SC 4gb Samsung 8gb (4gb x2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair GT Samsung 830 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750gb Panasonic Slim Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ek Supreme HF Nickel  EK Gtx 670 Nickel Windows 8 64-Bit Dell U2412m 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Logitech K810 Silverstone Sugo SG05-450 Logitech G700 Corsair 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 Mackie MR5MK2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.1 1.35v Msi Big Bang Xpower 3x EVGA GTX 470 + Evga Gtx 465 24gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
C300 64gb + Samsung F3 1TB 2x LG Blu-ray/HD-Dvd Drive Antec Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2693HM Corsair K60 Antec HCP-1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G700 Corsair SP2200 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus h67 Nvidia GTS 450 Crucial  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital  Samsung dvd-rw Intel Stock Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair CX430 InWin Allure Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini-Box
(18 items)
 
 
Flowery Pink
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe Evga Gtx 670 SC 4gb Samsung 8gb (4gb x2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair GT Samsung 830 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750gb Panasonic Slim Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ek Supreme HF Nickel  EK Gtx 670 Nickel Windows 8 64-Bit Dell U2412m 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Logitech K810 Silverstone Sugo SG05-450 Logitech G700 Corsair 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 Mackie MR5MK2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.1 1.35v Msi Big Bang Xpower 3x EVGA GTX 470 + Evga Gtx 465 24gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
C300 64gb + Samsung F3 1TB 2x LG Blu-ray/HD-Dvd Drive Antec Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2693HM Corsair K60 Antec HCP-1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G700 Corsair SP2200 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus h67 Nvidia GTS 450 Crucial  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital  Samsung dvd-rw Intel Stock Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair CX430 InWin Allure Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 19
Got it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Expired Deals
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Online Deals › Expired Deals › [moofi]Refurb Razer Orochi $40 shipped