"I just got an answer from AMD for a known problem with Catalyst Control Center and Windows 7. Here you go. It worked for me the first time after a lot of troubleshooting.
How to resolve CCC not loading/opening when initializing it.
Scenario: The user attempts to open/load the CCC through various methods, but it fails to load. The issue may happen with no changes to the system or a Catalyst driver update or reinstall. This is issue mainly affects Windows 7 machines.
Cause: Possible corruption of the Windows Global Assembly Cache (GAC). This usually requires the user to format and reinstall Windows.
Resolution: This solution has been tested - reproduced and resolved.
Remove all ATI through programs and features in the Control Panel using the Catalyst Install Manager (CIM). Reboot the system in safemode and do the following:
- Delete all ATI folders in C:\\programs files and C:\\programs files (x86)
- Go to C:\\Windows\\assembly and sort by "Public Key Token". Locate the following Public Key Token "90ba9c70f846762e" that is
- associated with ATI. Usually only 2 entries. Delete the 2 entries. Note: the entries should be deleted (right click and choose uninstall) in safemode since regular
- mode may result in a permissions error. The 2 entries only show up in systems affected by this issue. This means that searching for the 2 entries on systems where CCC loads, the entries are not there.
- Shut down and re-start normally.
- Reinstall the ATI Catalyst package with driver/ccc bundle from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Hopefully this will get you back in working order!
this may work, but im still doin a bit of research for an easier fix but this fix ive seen referenced a couple of times for problems like urs