Originally Posted by Ronin Tanker
I know ASUS sends a connector to connect your power, reset switch hard drive activity and such. Check to see that it is connected fully and that they are all plugged into the correct spot. sometimes, when I'm cleaning, mine moves and has issues booting. it doesn't connect very firmly and can come loose. It's called the ASUS Q-connector.
Thanks, but I did not used the quick connector and I made sure those case wires were put into the correct pins.
I have a question about RMAing a motherboard. It says that I do not need to include retention mechanisms or brackets. Does that mean I can keep the AM3 bracket and back plate?
On the RMA E-mail it says,
"Do not include any accessories, including but not limited to and will not be returned / replaced. Customers will be responsible for shipping fee if they are requesting items to be returned.
- user manuals, software, I/O shields, retention mechanisms / brackets
, or original box
- Non-ASUS products: CPU, memory, after-market heat sink / fans
- VGA Cards must be returned with the original ASUS heat sink otherwise will be considered physical damage
- P5 series motherboards must include the original CPU socket cover or covering to protect the pins during transit
- A8N SLI Series must include the EZ Selector Card if you are only using 1 VGA card with product.
- user manuals, software, I/O shields, retention mechanisms / brackets, or original box
- Non-ASUS products: CPU, memory, after-market heat sink / fans"