Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › BFBC2 Problem thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BFBC2 Problem thread. - Page 2

post #11 of 57
I've never had an issue with BF:BC2 and I always have AfterBurner running. Along with a few other things like X-fire, Steam (my copy of BF:BC2 is retail), Ventrillo etc. Not sure why so many people have issues with BF:BC2 but if it was the game wouldn't we all have these issues?
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimejhn View Post
The game has several issues that have nothing to do with overclocks, including my most hated:crash to desktop using eyefinity or surround. And they promised a fix for it months ago. I really hope the same issue does not occur in BF3. The possibility that it will is the 1 thing stopping me from preordering it
Hmm.. well that is odd. Does it run perfectly fine on one screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
Na, this game has many well documented issues, eg updated punkbuster + afterburner = crash.
Funny, I run afterburner ALL the time and I play on PB servers exclusively, not once has BFBC2 crashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post
I've never had an issue with BF:BC2 and I always have AfterBurner running. Along with a few other things like X-fire, Steam (my copy of BF:BC2 is retail), Ventrillo etc. Not sure why so many people have issues with BF:BC2 but if it was the game wouldn't we all have these issues?
^ Exactly, this.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
Then their bad overclock must have corrupted the game file. Now with intels having onboard memory controllers, memory testing is a must. Yet I see people skimping on stress testing. Saying "Oh if you pass 1 hour of IBT you're good." (might be a slight exaggeration about the time).

I don't see any evidence of bad coding. The game runs smooth as can be, completely maxed out on my rig @1080p.
i had nothing but problems when i had my 9800GX2 and my 8800GT and they were at stock clocks so its not overclocking that messes it up. its lazy developers and a poorly coded console port.
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
i had nothing but problems when i had my 9800GX2 and my 8800GT and they were at stock clocks so its not overclocking that messes it up. its lazy developers and a poorly coded console port.
The 9800GX2 has had nothing but problems since it's inception it seems. Whether it be horrendous micro-stutter or running super hot and down clocking. Not to mention, having 512MB per GPU is fairly inadequate.

The 8800GT problems you can thank Nvidia and their crap drivers. Nvidias drivers have given me more problems playing games than I'd care to talk about. But needless to say it was many. After they couldn't figure it out, they tried blaming my hardware. But when I told them that their older drivers work flawlessly they were dumbfounded. No hardware issues, just bad drivers. Why would they try and run the same the old architecture and Fermi? They just don't play well together.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
The 9800GX2 has had nothing but problems since it's inception it seems. Whether it be horrendous micro-stutter or running super hot and down clocking. Not to mention, having 512MB per GPU is fairly inadequate.

The 8800GT problems you can thank Nvidia and their crap drivers. Nvidias drivers have given me more problems playing games than I'd care to talk about. But needless to say it was many. After they couldn't figure it out, they tried blaming my hardware. But when I told them that their older drivers work flawlessly they were dumbfounded. No hardware issues, just bad drivers. Why would they try and run the same the old architecture and Fermi? They just don't play well together.
well i do agree on nvidia's piss poor drivers. you cannot deny that the frostbite engine was designed for the xbox and ps3 and they ported it over to PC.
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
well i do agree on nvidia's piss poor drivers. you cannot deny that the frostbite engine was designed for the xbox and ps3 and they ported it over to PC.
You're right I cannot deny that. It seems most games have been ports for quite a while now. While they're getting better at it, it's still not quite right.
I mean, an xbox is so inferior, CPU and GPU wise, than our PC's, yet there are games that run like total crap; for no real reason other than they're just bad ports.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 57
The crashing I was getting was most certainly not my fault. It has been reported that running GPU-Z and/or MSI Afterburner in the background whilst playing causes crashing. I'm not certain it ever did for me but just in case, I close these programs prior to running BFBC2. The crash I have always had however is one where suddenly I'm sent to my desktop (CTD) with a very annoying looping sound from the game. This forces me to reboot to get rid of the looping sound. Note however that none of my three friends who play BFBC2 have experienced this, just me.

On my own, recent thread asking about this, someone said that he fixed this type of crash by lowering the sample rate of his sound card to "16-bit 48 kHz". I don't know what bit rate my is running but whenever I'm about to play BFBC2, I switch from "PCM 192 kHz" to "PCM 48 kHz". Since I started doing this, I no longer experience any crashing of any kind. If would seem then that BFBC2 has a big problem with higher audio sample rates, perhaps restricted only to "War Tapes" mode but maybe not. It's certainly the game's fault, though.

So yes, it COULD in theory be unstable overclocks but if you're sure you're stable or even just try it with all at stock and still crash, take note that BFBC2 is still far from being a stable release. As far as I know, DICE have said that these bugs are "too difficult" for them to fix so I assume that means that if you can't fix it yourself, you have to just deal with it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Corsair Vengeance Red LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-300... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 500GB SSD (SATA-6Gbps) Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... Western Digital Black 4TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... NZXT Kraken X52 & 2x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Fa... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EVGA ACX 3.0 (Graphics Card) 4x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Case Fans IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound Microsoft Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron 34UM95-P 34" 3440x1440 21:9 IPS SteelSeries Apex 350 Low Profile RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W Modular Corsair Crystal 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core ModMyMachine SlamePad Aluminium Magnum Champagne Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR 2x Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers & 1 Cent... 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm Headphones (Dynam... Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Logitech G27 Racing Steering Wheel HTC Vive 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Corsair Vengeance Red LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-300... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 500GB SSD (SATA-6Gbps) Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... Western Digital Black 4TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... NZXT Kraken X52 & 2x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Fa... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EVGA ACX 3.0 (Graphics Card) 4x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Case Fans IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound Microsoft Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron 34UM95-P 34" 3440x1440 21:9 IPS SteelSeries Apex 350 Low Profile RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W Modular Corsair Crystal 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core ModMyMachine SlamePad Aluminium Magnum Champagne Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR 2x Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers & 1 Cent... 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm Headphones (Dynam... Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Logitech G27 Racing Steering Wheel HTC Vive 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib007 View Post
The crashing I was getting was most certainly not my fault. It has been reported that running GPU-Z and/or MSI Afterburner in the background whilst playing causes crashing. I'm not certain it ever did for me but just in case, I close these programs prior to running BFBC2. The crash I have always had however is one where suddenly I'm sent to my desktop (CTD) with a very annoying looping sound from the game. This forces me to reboot to get rid of the looping sound. Note however that none of my three friends who play BFBC2 have experienced this, just me.

On my own, recent thread asking about this, someone said that he fixed this type of crash by lowering the sample rate of his sound card to "16-bit 48 kHz". I don't know what bit rate my is running but whenever I'm about to play BFBC2, I switch from "PCM 192 kHz" to "PCM 48 kHz". Since I started doing this, I no longer experience any crashing of any kind. If would seem then that BFBC2 has a big problem with higher audio sample rates, perhaps restricted only to "War Tapes" mode but maybe not. It's certainly the game's fault, though.

So yes, it COULD in theory be unstable overclocks but if you're sure you're stable or even just try it with all at stock and still crash, take note that BFBC2 is still far from being a stable release. As far as I know, DICE have said that these bugs are "too difficult" for them to fix so I assume that means that if you can't fix it yourself, you have to just deal with it.
It's not unstable overclocks in your case. In your situation it's obviously the sound card not playing nicely with the game. And believe it or not, it's not Dice's issue to fix, but rather Asus's.
The loop that you hear is a sound anomaly getting "stuck" and repeating. In order to actually get it to stop, you don't need to reboot. You need to open up task manager, go to processes and look for one that doesn't normally run. I had this exact issue with my XFi and BF2142. It would crash to desktop and get stuck in a sound loop. After looking for a while, I found a process called "~e00006" (along those lines) running. I'm assuming that this is some sort of string that is encoded in to the sound card. Creative released a new driver, never had that issue again.

Once again, this is not a Dice issue. Look for any odd processes running after you get the crash. Jot it down, and send Asus a trouble ticket.

And if your audio driver is not up to date, I'd highly suggest that you update it.

As was stated earlier by me and another member, AB does not cause any sort of problems with BFBC2.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
It's not unstable overclocks in your case. In your situation it's obviously the sound card not playing nicely with the game. And believe it or not, it's not Dice's issue to fix, but rather Asus's.
The loop that you hear is a sound anomaly getting "stuck" and repeating. In order to actually get it to stop, you don't need to reboot. You need to open up task manager, go to processes and look for one that doesn't normally run. I had this exact issue with my XFi and BF2142. It would crash to desktop and get stuck in a sound loop. After looking for a while, I found a process called "~e00006" (along those lines) running. I'm assuming that this is some sort of string that is encoded in to the sound card. Creative released a new driver, never had that issue again.

Once again, this is not a Dice issue. Look for any odd processes running after you get the crash. Jot it down, and send Asus a trouble ticket.

And if your audio driver is not up to date, I'd highly suggest that you update it.

As was stated earlier by me and another member, AB does not cause any sort of problems with BFBC2.
+rep for the correction and information, thank you!
I think I will indeed keep my sample rate up to 192 kHz just for the crash to happen so I can send Asus the information. I'm always running the latest drivers but despite this, they haven't fixed it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Corsair Vengeance Red LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-300... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 500GB SSD (SATA-6Gbps) Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... Western Digital Black 4TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... NZXT Kraken X52 & 2x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Fa... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EVGA ACX 3.0 (Graphics Card) 4x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Case Fans IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound Microsoft Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron 34UM95-P 34" 3440x1440 21:9 IPS SteelSeries Apex 350 Low Profile RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W Modular Corsair Crystal 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core ModMyMachine SlamePad Aluminium Magnum Champagne Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR 2x Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers & 1 Cent... 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm Headphones (Dynam... Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Logitech G27 Racing Steering Wheel HTC Vive 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Corsair Vengeance Red LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-300... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 500GB SSD (SATA-6Gbps) Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... Western Digital Black 4TB 64MB Cache HDD (SATA-... NZXT Kraken X52 & 2x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Fa... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EVGA ACX 3.0 (Graphics Card) 4x Corsair SP120 RGB 120mm Case Fans IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound Microsoft Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron 34UM95-P 34" 3440x1440 21:9 IPS SteelSeries Apex 350 Low Profile RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W Modular Corsair Crystal 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core ModMyMachine SlamePad Aluminium Magnum Champagne Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR 2x Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers & 1 Cent... 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm Headphones (Dynam... Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Logitech G27 Racing Steering Wheel HTC Vive 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib007 View Post
+rep for the correction and information, thank you!
I think I will indeed keep my sample rate up to 192 kHz just for the crash to happen so I can send Asus the information. I'm always running the latest drivers but despite this, they haven't fixed it.
No problem.

Sucks when you have a badass sound card and use it to it's full potential.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › BFBC2 Problem thread.