Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Activision talks Call of Duty 2011 online 'monetisation' plans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Activision talks Call of Duty 2011 online 'monetisation' plans - Page 13

post #121 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull View Post

When you boil it down Battlefield and Call of Duty are both the same damn game. I honestly don't see why people defend one from the other when they're both crap. But that's just my observations on it, if you need me I'll be in Oblivion with guns.
Same thing.

The difference is in the fine print.Its like how you argue about challenge and enjoyment being related or not related together ; in the end those things ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT , but only when perceived as so.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 133
haha you know... I was almost defending call of duty for a while... and hell I think the series was a game changer in some respects. But if they bring in pay to play and expect me to pay for a dedicated server from one company then their out of their minds.
post #123 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey1013 View Post
More CoD trash. It's amazing people still support Activision and their ****ty products.
This is a statement I can fully support with my tax dollars.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude View Post
Let's see here.. I go on my Xbox, fire up CoD, and after seeing the server list and throwing my xbox out the window, I have a stroke.

HELL NO. That's the reason I have a console, so I won't have PC players buying admin rights and then kicking me from games.

In fact, they should get rid of dedicated servers altogether. I'm waiting for the day when I won't have to choose from a retarded server list and have to follow idiotic admin rules (Which I don't).

God bless Blizzard, IW and other developers that ditched the server system. At least on those games, I don't have a half-assed list of rules, a console telling me what to do every five seconds, and an admin that kicks me because I accidentally his KDR
If you're a fanboy and if you're having a heart attack as you read this, just don't bother replying. Don't quote me and ask if I'm trolling, because I'm not, and don't post useless stuff like "umad" or a rage picture, because that just proves my point. Just calm down and accept it. Or, if you're going to rage, at least use proper grammar.

Actually, I might buy a Black ops server soon, and show everyone how the system can be abused. I will set up ridiculous rules and I will kick anyone who uses a weapon I don't like and anyone who has a better score than I do.

Does this sound fair? I don't think so.

I hope dedicated servers never get close to a console.
That would be why it would have to be optional. You see, you can have it either way and everyone can be happy with their preferred method of matchmaking.

All that text looks pretty silly now doesn't it?
Slowly upgrading.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Biostar T5XE SLI+CFX Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x OC 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500GB Samsung F1 Corsair SSD Xigmatek HDT-s1283 Win 7 Ult. 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Shimian Q270 LITE Cooler Master Crossfire w/ Blues PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w Silverstone FT02S-W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Diamonback Black Edition Steel Series 4HD Fiio E10 + Fischer Audio FA-002W + Fischer Audi... M-Audio AV40s 
  hide details  
Reply
Slowly upgrading.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Biostar T5XE SLI+CFX Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x OC 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500GB Samsung F1 Corsair SSD Xigmatek HDT-s1283 Win 7 Ult. 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Shimian Q270 LITE Cooler Master Crossfire w/ Blues PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w Silverstone FT02S-W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Diamonback Black Edition Steel Series 4HD Fiio E10 + Fischer Audio FA-002W + Fischer Audi... M-Audio AV40s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8800GT View Post
there is a fine line between extremely good and extremely popular. Call of duty is popular because it made a name for itself long ago. The fact of the matter is they are using the pre-dis positioned popularity to squeeze more money out of an already over hyped and over rated series. it will take people a long time but they will eventually get tired of it and move on to a different game. Why do you think infinity ward wanted modern warfare 3 to be their own game? if you took a call of duty game and put it up against infinity wards modern warfare, people would probably choose modern warfare. you buy what you know and everyone knows call of duty.
Yes, agree. Especially then, when its Multiplayer based game. If you look at my Steam stats, i am kind of a hardcore proffessional gamer. My stats are kinda straight. U can check them here ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shadowness ).

And do u see ? Hardcore stats. Most of them ? Black Ops... Why ? Dunno, really.

I nowadays ask myself, why i play this game so much. The answer is, i dont play this game because of its "super duper FPS core"... i more likely call it a Comedy-Arcade Shooter. And as someone that enjoys jokes and any form of laugh i play Black Ops a lot.

I also have Progaming Clan, and i play ESL. Truthfully, the progaming scene is kind of raw from CoD 4.. Most of the clans dont play new CoDs...


I really dont know how should i describe this. All i would like to say, is that i dont trust the Call of Duty series anymore. If i am going to buy it, then only because "i wanna laugh". Not for the FPS stuff.

Even if new CoD has 5x more sales then BF3, the small, still 1000x times more friendly, helpful, thankful, supportive community, will pwn Modern Warfare 3.
MSI GT780DXR-099
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2760QM 3,5Ghz Intel® HM67 Express Chipset Nvidia GeForce GTX 570M 1.5GB GDDR5 16GB DDR3, 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Scorpio Black 750Gb, 7200rpm RAID 0 WD Scorpio Black 750Gb, 7200rpm RAID 0 IC Diamond Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
17,3 1920x1080 Matte Roccat Isku 9-Cell 7800 mAh Aluminium + Solid Plastic 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Roccat KONE+ Roccat SENSE blue Roccat Valo CoolerMaster CF-19 Laptop Cooler 
OtherOtherOther
Belkin Cush top Case Laptop Keyboard by Steelseries Laptop Sound by DYNAudio 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3440 @3,8 Ghz MSI Big Bang-Fuzion GIGABYTE GTX570 Geil Value+ 2x2GB DDR3, 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung F3 500 Gb Samsung F1 TB WD External 500 Gb Coolermaster 212+ 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Gigabyte Stock cooler Noctua Fans Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Acer GD245HQbid + 3D Vision Kit + 3D Glasses 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku SEASONIC X-750W (80Plus Gold) CM Elite 430 - Black Ed.(cheap crap) Roccat KONE+ 
Mouse PadAudio
Roccat Sense Realtek Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
MSI GT780DXR-099
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2760QM 3,5Ghz Intel® HM67 Express Chipset Nvidia GeForce GTX 570M 1.5GB GDDR5 16GB DDR3, 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Scorpio Black 750Gb, 7200rpm RAID 0 WD Scorpio Black 750Gb, 7200rpm RAID 0 IC Diamond Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
17,3 1920x1080 Matte Roccat Isku 9-Cell 7800 mAh Aluminium + Solid Plastic 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Roccat KONE+ Roccat SENSE blue Roccat Valo CoolerMaster CF-19 Laptop Cooler 
OtherOtherOther
Belkin Cush top Case Laptop Keyboard by Steelseries Laptop Sound by DYNAudio 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3440 @3,8 Ghz MSI Big Bang-Fuzion GIGABYTE GTX570 Geil Value+ 2x2GB DDR3, 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung F3 500 Gb Samsung F1 TB WD External 500 Gb Coolermaster 212+ 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Gigabyte Stock cooler Noctua Fans Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Acer GD245HQbid + 3D Vision Kit + 3D Glasses 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku SEASONIC X-750W (80Plus Gold) CM Elite 430 - Black Ed.(cheap crap) Roccat KONE+ 
Mouse PadAudio
Roccat Sense Realtek Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingDivs View Post
Oh please, kid! I know you were going to use every excuse in the book to diss the game, but your "friends" are probably still playing to this day (which doesn't fit your argument...hence you need to make up the fact that they quit). It isn't the same game at all. New maps, new guns, new killstreaks. Are you talking about gameplay? That's fine with me! The gameplay is what sets it apart for me.

I tried BF2 on PC and the controls felt klunky, the physics they attempted to use for sniping were OFF big time, and it just felt like a COD copycat with weaker gameplay and abusive environment (tanks...)

Thanks for insulting me. That's how you know you've lost an argument.
BF2 IS NOT LIKE COD, FOR THE LAST TIME STOP COMPARING IT TO COD. IT DOESN'T HAVE VEHICLES LIKE THEY USE IN WAR OR STRATEGY YOU NEED TO WIN A ROUND. BF IS NOT AS RUN AND GUN CRAPOLA GAME, WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LISTEN ALREADY.

End rant.. The stupidity of people these days..
Black Pearl
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k 3103B297# 4.7ghz@1.408v AShitRock Z77 Extreme 4 (No.2) ATI Gigabyte 7870HD Crossfire 16GB Corsair XMS3/Kingston 1600mhz, 9-8-9-24-1T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Green 1TB X2 (Boot/Storage), Seagate ... Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB (Backup) 2X Seagate Barracuda's 7200.7 60GB (Scratch) 2X Super Ritemaster CD/DVD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NHC14 P/P 200mm Front, 200mm Top, 120mm Side, 120mm Exhau... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit G2220HD 21.5" BenQ at 1920X1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultmate BF3 Ediiton OCZ ZX 850w PSU HAF912A w 120mm Side fan Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer Goliathus Control Edition Corsair Vengeance 1300's/Logitech 530's Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e Lamptron FC8 Fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Pearl
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k 3103B297# 4.7ghz@1.408v AShitRock Z77 Extreme 4 (No.2) ATI Gigabyte 7870HD Crossfire 16GB Corsair XMS3/Kingston 1600mhz, 9-8-9-24-1T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Green 1TB X2 (Boot/Storage), Seagate ... Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB (Backup) 2X Seagate Barracuda's 7200.7 60GB (Scratch) 2X Super Ritemaster CD/DVD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NHC14 P/P 200mm Front, 200mm Top, 120mm Side, 120mm Exhau... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit G2220HD 21.5" BenQ at 1920X1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultmate BF3 Ediiton OCZ ZX 850w PSU HAF912A w 120mm Side fan Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer Goliathus Control Edition Corsair Vengeance 1300's/Logitech 530's Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e Lamptron FC8 Fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argorn5757 View Post
call of duty has a much larger fan base compared to GH though.... and rockband was competing with GH. whats call of duty competing with? battlefield?
Battlefield is better than your ARCADE call of duty,game for kids,with a square map and everybody spawns everywhere,shooting all like blind idiots and the game is boring and pathetic.
Try to grow up your mind and erase your childhood memories of the game call of duty cause it's no good,I played MW2 online and i gotta say FAIL!
So yeah call of duty? yeah kinda FAIL crossbow in the game,give me a break,it's indiana jones game or a GOOD WAR GAME?
Try to compare COD and bad company 2 and see it for your eyes and don't talk crap here because you don't know what you are talking about.
Tk
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 Ghz (1.5v) Washer Mod Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Evga GTX 480 6 GB DDR 2 Kingmax 800 Mhz (stock) 1000 Mhz (OC) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1000 GB (Raid-0) & WD 200 GB & Hitachi 160 GB LG DVD-RW ThermalRight Extreme 120 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24"' Full HD Serioux Corsair HX 520 W SAGITTA Raidmax 
MouseMouse PadAudio
bloody Gun3v3 Gaming X 7 Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Tk
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 Ghz (1.5v) Washer Mod Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Evga GTX 480 6 GB DDR 2 Kingmax 800 Mhz (stock) 1000 Mhz (OC) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1000 GB (Raid-0) & WD 200 GB & Hitachi 160 GB LG DVD-RW ThermalRight Extreme 120 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24"' Full HD Serioux Corsair HX 520 W SAGITTA Raidmax 
MouseMouse PadAudio
bloody Gun3v3 Gaming X 7 Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 133
my games are better than yours
post #129 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
And? Justin Beiber sells more albums than 65 Days of Static.... Sugar coated crap is still crap.
agree
Core
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz Asus P6X58D-E Diamond XOC 4870/512 @ 800//4400 Corsair 3x4gb DDR1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x500GB WD RE2 Raid0 Asus Combo, Asus Combo Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2408h Wide Saitek Eclipse II Corsair HX850W Antec 900 Two 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Black as in Dark abyss 
  hide details  
Reply
Core
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz Asus P6X58D-E Diamond XOC 4870/512 @ 800//4400 Corsair 3x4gb DDR1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x500GB WD RE2 Raid0 Asus Combo, Asus Combo Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2408h Wide Saitek Eclipse II Corsair HX850W Antec 900 Two 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Black as in Dark abyss 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 133
people like things. i don't like that thing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Activision talks Call of Duty 2011 online 'monetisation' plans