Overclock.net banner

GTX 480 Possible Issue ?

327 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Optimouse Prime 
#1 ·
Hey guys ive had my GTX 480 SOC from Gigabyte about a week now and just finished putting it all together at the weekend, ive just played crysis 2 and Batman AA and im sure these are Artifacts its showing but im not 100% ive taken Gigabytes clock and put it to Nvidias Stock 480 Speeds as well as underclocking it and even gave it a little extra Juice but i seem to get these wierd almost box shaped white lines i cant explain but youll see them in the screen shots, now these dont appear all the time its just on certain parts in crysis 2 and batman is just the visor thing and objectives box etc so im not 100% what to do should i send it back have i got a Duff card?
Oh and the Cards arent overheating there idling at 42c and under the utmost maximum load Furmark, etc is 70 with the fan at about 60%
All the Parts in My Sig are my Rig and there all Spanking New aswell, ive changed the drivers rolled them back to about 4/5 different ones and i still get the same effect, Furmark doesnt seem to get any artifacts and neither does 3dmark 11 or vantage. Its not crashed or anything with the issue and doesnt seem to be affecting performance i did a test on Batman AA 1920x1080x16QAA and got Min 98 Avg 144 and cant remember max but it was higher than 144

See less See more
#2 ·
On the picture of a person on the ground and you can see his skeleton, are you talking about the rectangle on the left side of the screen ?

#3 ·
Hey Ascii Aficionado yeah thats the thing the wierd rectangle of lines and if you look carefully its on the picture above it except its in the objective box bottom right faintly (it wasnt but it was flickering so when i SS it came out faint) but its there and also in the box where it says identity unknown aswell bottom right faint again =/ and crysis 2 its the windows on the building where my reticule is pointing on the first tank shot cant tell if there lines though could just be view distance but they only appear in batman when i use the visor or on my objectives and crysis is different things, once i get close enough to the windows it vanishes

#4 ·
Do a clean install of your drivers, revert to 266.58 or if you're already using those try 271.60 and see if the issue goes away.

Make sure you select "perform a clean install" in the installation menu.

#5 ·
Download OCCT and run that for about 10 minutes.

Chances are your going to be looking at a RMA with Gigabyte if you can.

My 480 had an unstable overclock from the factory. Couldn't pass 1 minute of OCCT without lots of errors.

Had to live without my card for a month almost before Gigabyte sent me a new one.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomThruPoom;13455482

My 480 had an unstable overclock from the factory. Couldn't pass 1 minute of OCCT without lots of errors.

Had to live without my card for a month almost before Gigabyte sent me a new one.
Thats the thing though i thought normally artifacts appear fairly often and it wont matter what aspect of the game i use i.e batman aa is its visor nowhere else and ive even lowered the clocks to stock 480 clocks not gigabytes own and again even lower than stock 480 clocks aswell as pumping up the voltage to 1075,1080 in msi afterburner which should have helped at below stock clocks but it didnt =/ im just about to do a clean install if that doesnt solve it i will try OCCT, but i already did furmark etc and didnt get anything thats whats puzzling

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomThruPoom;13455482

Just done the OCCT test and got a silly ammount of errors something like 56383 take it thats a faulty card? Is it common with the Gigabyte ones? Had a god awful experience with them with mobo's but thought hey its a GPU section so id give it a whirl regretting it now =( but im gonna send it back to the store as tomorrow is the 7th day ( last day that i can return it ) but if its a common fault theres no chance ill get the same one ill get a stock one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.