Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Terrible scaling with 6950CF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Terrible scaling with 6950CF - Page 3

post #21 of 53
maybe his mainboard has really crappy bandwidth PCI-e slots, i.e. x4 or x1?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition MSI TF III 7950 MSI TF III 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Rip Jaws 16GB @2400MHz Samsung 850 Evo SSD Seagate 250GB Hitachi 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
El-generico Cooler Master Hyper 212X 7 ultimate 64bit Tripe Viewsonic 22", 5760x1080 eyefinity secks. 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G402 
Mouse Pad
ಠ_ಠSolid oak deskಠ_ಠ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition MSI TF III 7950 MSI TF III 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Rip Jaws 16GB @2400MHz Samsung 850 Evo SSD Seagate 250GB Hitachi 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
El-generico Cooler Master Hyper 212X 7 ultimate 64bit Tripe Viewsonic 22", 5760x1080 eyefinity secks. 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G402 
Mouse Pad
ಠ_ಠSolid oak deskಠ_ಠ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
Apparently you dont know a thing about AMD systems. His CF is getting horribly bottlenecked because of the 1055T, and the horrible IMC it has. IMC = NB on AMD systems.

And 1024MB VRAM is perfectly fine, the scaling problem is because of his CPU.

/thread.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
Sorry but obviously you are quite not there yet
CPU/NB or NB regardless , because it has nothing to do with it.
There are about 10 people every 2 days posting this problem and 80% of the time it is software related.
Not to make absolute assumptions here but it is most likely this case also is software or assembly related.
Sorry to say you are wrong and you are making assumptions. I'll take fact over assumption any day and I would hope that the people looking for help would do the same.
post #23 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
Apparently you dont know a thing about AMD systems. His CF is getting horribly bottlenecked because of the 1055T, and the horrible IMC it has. IMC = NB on AMD systems.

And 1024MB VRAM is perfectly fine, the scaling problem is because of his CPU.

/thread.
Read the Quote from #20 that pretty much describes the core of your post.
Why are noobs always so fast to talk?

Do you even know what bottleneck means?!
These are stock cards omg it is impossible that even with stock i7 920 there is even the slightest trace of bottleneck.
And even if so it is most possibliy 2% lol.

Please don´t be so quick to spew around your oppinion when you have 0 idea about the matter.

This problem has nothing to do with the CPU/NB!!
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
Read the Quote from #20 that pretty much describes the core of your post.
Why are noobs always so fast to talk?

Do you even know what bottleneck means?!
These are stock cards omg it is impossible that even with stock i7 920 there is even the slightest trace of bottleneck.
And even if so it is most possibliy 2% lol.

Please don´t be so quick to spew around your oppinion when you have 0 idea about the matter.

This problem has nothing to do with the CPU/NB!!
We are not talking about an Intel system. Your post completely points to the fact that you simply don't know what you are talking about here. If we were talking about an i5/i7 rig you would be correct, though in this case you are not. You should really heed your own advice about noobs being so quick to talk in this regard. Plus calling names just weakens your argument.
Edited by erocker - 5/10/11 at 12:48pm
post #25 of 53
This is nothing new, try a search on here, there are several threads about people with the same issues.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/96...lenecking.html
post #26 of 53
I just reevaluated and saw that it could be possible what you guys are saying so I apologize I was a little too quick

Nonetheless it still does not rule out the possibility of simple software error or self inflicted failure since it is the most common problem in hardware history^^
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 53
Actually it does. Most users with a Thuban at those clocks get around 40% - 60% usage, but when they overclock it more and bump the NB clocks too it gets around 90% or more.
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 53
Thread Starter 
another steam convo:

Priest.-FTX-.: Would it be possible to put your cards in one of my systems? That way we could determine if the cards are bad. And if they are, then we could RMA.
name removed: NO.
Priest.-FTX-.: Why? You gripe at me about your performance, then don't want to be helped... derp.
name removed: I -censored- know that your -censored- i7 is a better CPU, stop rubbing it in, -censored-
Priest.-FTX-.: Uh... ok?
name removed: even if the cards were fine in your system, i dont give a -censored- because my system beats yours.
Priest.-FTX-.: Yeah... but you aren't really getting the performance you paid for, I'm just trying to help?
name removed: -censored- off. My system is fine.
Priest.-FTX-.: You're kinda being unreasonable here.. I'm not some salty pain in your ass, you asked for my help and I'm trying to give it.
name removed: -censored- OFF, NVIDIA FANBOY.
name removed is offline.

>_< my friends frustrate me. I guess I am an Nvidia fanboy, tho

However, I am really surprised that a 1055T would be bottlenecking his stuff so bad... unless it's all software related tom-foolery.
My Rig
(12 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8 1.3v Asrock X370 Taichi EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 CL 14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
480GB PNY SSD 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM 240GB Kingston SSD 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cryorig H7 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold Phanteks Eclipse P400 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(12 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8 1.3v Asrock X370 Taichi EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 CL 14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
480GB PNY SSD 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM 240GB Kingston SSD 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cryorig H7 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold Phanteks Eclipse P400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 53
^^Depends on the resolution. At 1050, hell yes, at 1080+ not likely.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
These are stock cards omg it is impossible that even with stock i7 920 there is even the slightest trace of bottleneck.
And even if so it is most possibliy 2% lol.

Can I lol at your post? Thanks.


Edit: For those who don't get the irony, a 920 at 2.66GHz would be like capping the slots to x1 to a 6950 CF.


Obviously his problem IS hardware related. First of it, he needs to bump the CPUNB to 3Ghz want it or not. Then, he needs to bump core speed to 3.8GHz. Then, he needs to do a fresh install of the graphics drivers and install the newest release of crossfire profiles.


Then he'll get the 85-95% scaling the 6-series has.


@OP: Then screw your "friend". I wouldn't keep trying to help him.
Edited by Artikbot - 5/10/11 at 2:30pm
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Terrible scaling with 6950CF