Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › PhysX on 9500gt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PhysX on 9500gt - Page 8

post #71 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post
I'm tired already.

This AGAIN is with a Nvidia main GPU and is not comparable to ATI.


The Only difference is that with ATI you have to use a hack to bypass nVidia's restriction in the system registry.
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 84
why not?
you keep claiming about thinking.
hold this:
the main card does not calculate physx,so therefore does not matter in the bench
the dedicated physx card does,just that
the slower card holds up the faster because one will not display before the other has done its thing.
come man are you really that dense or bored or both?

my kids are beautiful and show much better comprehension than your poor tired self.
calling out trolls when adding nothing positive or even vaguely educational to the OP,and Then getting shirty because no one subscribes to your Opinion?
this is fantastic,you have been here for over 2 years and not picked up the basics!
Edited by MightyMission - 5/11/11 at 6:28am
Lil Cutey
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Z77E-ITX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 G Skill RipJaws X  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Nocti 120GB mSATA SSD OCZ Agility 3 OCZ Agility 4 Intenso 256gb sata III 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External DVD Water! Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Cooler Master Elite Power 500W BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Tesco cheapy special! 
Mouse PadAudio
Sky Blue with coffee Stain! Zotac GTX 680 
  hide details  
Reply
Lil Cutey
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Z77E-ITX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 G Skill RipJaws X  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Nocti 120GB mSATA SSD OCZ Agility 3 OCZ Agility 4 Intenso 256gb sata III 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External DVD Water! Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Cooler Master Elite Power 500W BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Tesco cheapy special! 
Mouse PadAudio
Sky Blue with coffee Stain! Zotac GTX 680 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMission View Post
the slower card holds up the faster because one will not display before the other has done its thing.
When did I disagree to that?
This is true.

However, this is not your point from several posts back.
Your, and several other posts, claim that 9500 will reduce FPS
This is not correct.
PhysX will reduce FPS. 9500GT will Increase FPS. By a lot. It will make PhysX games playable.

Yours, and several other posts, claim 9500 to be useless.
This is also not correct.
With it, OP will be able to experience PhysX at playable FPS (lower, but playable), and will be able to run games, that otherwise don't run at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMission View Post
my kids are beautiful and show much better comprehension than your poor tired self.
calling out trolls when adding nothing positive or even vaguely educational to the OP,and Then getting shirty because no one subscribes to your Opinion?
this is fantastic,you have been here for over 2 years and not picked up the basics!
Classic trolling. Your kids might be gorgeous and smart, I believe you. But I pity them, because their dad is an ***.
Edited by ronnin426850 - 5/11/11 at 6:35am
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 84
You know what, that's pointless.

I'll only get banned that way, and i don't plan on getting banned over a retard.
Several people posted irrelevant benches, I gave the OP a bench with an ATI card similar to his and PhysX card similar to his.

I also gave him a detailed explanation on how things work and how much he will gain by using the 9500GT. I backed it with the strongest logical argument imaginable.

You also asked for proof, I gave you that too. Twice.

This thread is finished to me. Bye.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post
When did I disagree to that?
This is true.

However, this is not your point from several posts back.
Your, and several other posts, claim that 9500 will reduce FPS
This is not correct.
PhysX will reduce FPS. 9500GT will Increase FPS. By a lot. It will make PhysX games playable.

Yours, and several other posts, claim 9500 to be useless.
This is also not correct.
With it, OP will be able to experience PhysX at playable FPS (lower, but playable), and will be able to run games, that otherwise don't run at all
Currently I think the OP plays games silky smooth with it off, why put a 9500 and turn on phsx? for choppiness because the 9500gt cant keep up.

I dont think there is a single game which is physx compulsory, or is there? Let me know.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
Currently I think the OP plays games silky smooth with it off, why put a 9500 and turn on phsx? for choppiness because the 9500gt cant keep up.

I dont think there is a single game which is physx compulsory, or is there? Let me know.
Several, Warmoger is the only one I remember right now.
Anyway, last post. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post
You know what, that's pointless.

I'll only get banned that way, and i don't plan on getting banned over a retard.
Several people posted irrelevant benches, I gave the OP a bench with an ATI card similar to his and PhysX card similar to his.

I also gave him a detailed explanation on how things work and how much he will gain by using the 9500GT. I backed it with the strongest logical argument imaginable.

You also asked for proof, I gave you that too. Twice.

This thread is finished to me. Bye.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 84
thats several times you have claimed others are inept yet keep name calling and still not once posted any viable proof as to your ideas,can you post facts pertaining to your ideas so they are in fact real and not the workings of someone desperately trying to prove they are right when its clear they are not?
Lil Cutey
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Z77E-ITX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 G Skill RipJaws X  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Nocti 120GB mSATA SSD OCZ Agility 3 OCZ Agility 4 Intenso 256gb sata III 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External DVD Water! Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Cooler Master Elite Power 500W BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Tesco cheapy special! 
Mouse PadAudio
Sky Blue with coffee Stain! Zotac GTX 680 
  hide details  
Reply
Lil Cutey
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Z77E-ITX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 G Skill RipJaws X  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Nocti 120GB mSATA SSD OCZ Agility 3 OCZ Agility 4 Intenso 256gb sata III 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External DVD Water! Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Cooler Master Elite Power 500W BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Tesco cheapy special! 
Mouse PadAudio
Sky Blue with coffee Stain! Zotac GTX 680 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 84
@ronnin426850
the entire point of this thread was basically asking if you can do it A: yes you can BUT its not worth it it will slow the OP's system down ALOT! which is what the hell we have been trying to drill into your head and yet still arent grasping. we are saying there is no point at all in doing so because it will slow the fps down. even the op could see what we are saying! stop being stubborn! /thread. sorry op
post #79 of 84
Quote:
Some games DEMAND that you have PhysX enabled, so having 9500 is OP's only chance of playing them.
what games? you only named one this made me curious
Edited by Calexan - 5/11/11 at 7:24am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz 1.336v Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Sapphire 6870 1000/1250 @ 1225v 8Gb [2 x 4GB] G.Skill Ares DDR3 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128Gb 5x Seagate Barracuda 500gb  Samsung DVDRW Megahalems Rev b. 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Zalman VF3000A Windows 7 Ultimate x64 21" HDTV Generic PnP Monitor A4tech X7 G800 
PowerCaseMouse
Strike X 600w Cooler Master 690 Advanced Black & White A4tech X7 747H 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz 1.336v Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Sapphire 6870 1000/1250 @ 1225v 8Gb [2 x 4GB] G.Skill Ares DDR3 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128Gb 5x Seagate Barracuda 500gb  Samsung DVDRW Megahalems Rev b. 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Zalman VF3000A Windows 7 Ultimate x64 21" HDTV Generic PnP Monitor A4tech X7 G800 
PowerCaseMouse
Strike X 600w Cooler Master 690 Advanced Black & White A4tech X7 747H 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 84
Thread Starter 
>_> this is epic.... this is why i love OCN this is just pure epic....

anyways i am repeating myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormXLR View Post
Look lets assume i did not read anything you guys said, i will just write what i know about PhysX,amd,nvidia.

I will use Mafia II as PhysX example. I do not have it installed right now so i will assume FPS.

It is first time i am playing Mafia II i set everything on ultra including physx with my sig rig (6970,1090t 4.2ghz) . As I am playing everything is fine. I remember the part where i get the Mingun and have to gun down this fatty. As i run into the building fire and shooting bursts out everything starts to lag and goes into slideshow. So we will assume ~5-10 fps.

I have disabled PhysX , though the drivers are still present, and i am getting stable 50-60 FPS. The game was lagging as PhysX was calculated on the CPU which was not "catching up".
Then we will assume I install 9500 gt as my PhysX drive and set my PhysX on ultra ( why would i have a rig like that if i cant run games on ultra,right?) I would assume the FPS will go up as GPUs perform faster/stronger compared to CPUs. So i get 30-40 FPS

Which is "okay" but why would i want to go down from "perfect" 60 FPS down to choppy 30-40?

As i see, right now 9500 GT would not be a viable PhysX card as it can not perform to give out FPS near/over PhysX Disabled FPS.

P.S
@ ronnin426850
I HAVE SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 6970 >_> not 6870....
P.S.S someone rep me for creating such an awesome thread
RAILIGHT
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel SB 2500k GIgabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R 16 GB Crucial M4 WD Green 1TB|Hitachi HDT7 1TB 2x WD RE4 500g RAID0 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baraccuda 3TB Corsair H70 Windows 7 64 SP1 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster P2770H Black 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 943BWX 19" Razer Lycosa Corsair AX 850 Bitfenix Survivor 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Razer Vespula Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
RAILIGHT
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel SB 2500k GIgabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R 16 GB Crucial M4 WD Green 1TB|Hitachi HDT7 1TB 2x WD RE4 500g RAID0 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baraccuda 3TB Corsair H70 Windows 7 64 SP1 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster P2770H Black 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 943BWX 19" Razer Lycosa Corsair AX 850 Bitfenix Survivor 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Razer Vespula Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › PhysX on 9500gt