Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 148

post #1471 of 9343
Still show a PCI Simple Communications Controller driver not installed, according to device manager. Anyone know what this is? confused.gif
Monthly Allowance
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SB 2600k 4.4Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Gigabyte GV-R6870C-1GD, HD 6870 2x4Gb G.SKILL Ripjaws-X @ 1600 CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
F3 SpinPoint 1TB LiteOn Win 7 64Bit Home Prem Samsung Sync Master P2350 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keys U See Corsair GS600 Corsair Obsidian 650D MS Intelillipoint 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
Monthly Allowance
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SB 2600k 4.4Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Gigabyte GV-R6870C-1GD, HD 6870 2x4Gb G.SKILL Ripjaws-X @ 1600 CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
F3 SpinPoint 1TB LiteOn Win 7 64Bit Home Prem Samsung Sync Master P2350 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keys U See Corsair GS600 Corsair Obsidian 650D MS Intelillipoint 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1472 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawon72;13967707 
There are plenty of very helpful guides in the second post of this thread. But one that isn't in there, and i found the most helpful to get started is located here:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-sandy-bridge-oc-guide-p67a.html

If you have any problems while using those guides, do a quick search and if there isn't a solution you can post it here or start a new thread.smile.gif

I've read those guides..the problem is I can't find good specific info for the Z68 board.

There are so many auto OC stuff built into this board and bios that I get confused. Such as the Digi+VRM stuff. Should I change stuff in here to possibly get more GPU OC as well as my normal OC.

That's just one of many questions. Right now I simply use the auto OC button but it seems like I should be able to get a much higher OC (it only OC'd it to like 4.4, the next step up got a BSOD)

Just not sure where to start..I read all the info in this post and the guide you posted but still lost as to specifics on this board. I don't want to fry it smile.gif New to OCing..had only previously OC'd one board before and it was my E8400 from 3.0 to 4.0 which I did without having to modify any voltages.
WoT
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Maximus Hero VII MSI GTX 980  16 GB G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x500GB SSD Samsung EVO + more Hyper212+ Windows 7 64 Bit Acer XB241H and Viewsonic VX2770 
PowerCase
Corsair AX850 Modular Graphite 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
WoT
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Maximus Hero VII MSI GTX 980  16 GB G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x500GB SSD Samsung EVO + more Hyper212+ Windows 7 64 Bit Acer XB241H and Viewsonic VX2770 
PowerCase
Corsair AX850 Modular Graphite 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1473 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCardsHereAgain;13973068 
Still show a PCI Simple Communications Controller driver not installed, according to device manager. Anyone know what this is? confused.gif

For the PCI Simple Communications Controller issue, you need to download the Intel Management Engine Interface in the ASUS website, under utilities.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PRO/#download
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1474 of 9343
Hi,

I'm new here, but would like to join this club, my board is in my sig....

I have the issues stated in post two, so a great resource this is in my first 2 minutes, I need to turn off the pll, and Jmicron / marvell controller... seems a shame, are we expecting a fix here or just ignore it forever....

I have a lot to learn, this board scares the hell out of me - I've upgraded from a Socket A 3200amd LOL, oh how things change!

While I'm here does anyone know the rating of CHA_FAN2? I brought this up here...
Edited by gt3911 - 6/23/11 at 7:37am
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8z68-V Pro 1GB EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC 6GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120GB OCZ Vertex / 1TB WD Caviar Black Win 7 64 Ultimate 2x Samsung 19" Synmasters Enermax EMG800EWT Modu87+ 
Case
Coolermaster COSMOS PURE 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8z68-V Pro 1GB EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC 6GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120GB OCZ Vertex / 1TB WD Caviar Black Win 7 64 Ultimate 2x Samsung 19" Synmasters Enermax EMG800EWT Modu87+ 
Case
Coolermaster COSMOS PURE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1475 of 9343
Youch, my GPU hits temps of 90-92 at max load..this sure seems a bit high. I added two 120mm fans on the side panel to blow cool air directly to the GPU but it made no difference.

I don't want to run the GPU fan at 100% (too loud).

Wonder if that temp is too highand what I can do.

Ahh off topic, sorry!
WoT
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Maximus Hero VII MSI GTX 980  16 GB G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x500GB SSD Samsung EVO + more Hyper212+ Windows 7 64 Bit Acer XB241H and Viewsonic VX2770 
PowerCase
Corsair AX850 Modular Graphite 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
WoT
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Maximus Hero VII MSI GTX 980  16 GB G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x500GB SSD Samsung EVO + more Hyper212+ Windows 7 64 Bit Acer XB241H and Viewsonic VX2770 
PowerCase
Corsair AX850 Modular Graphite 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1476 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3911;13975734 
Hi,

I'm new here, but would like to join this club, my board is in my sig....

I have the issues stated in post two, so a great resource this is in my first 2 minutes, I need to turn off the pll, and Jmicron / marvell controller... seems a shame, are we expecting a fix here or just ignore it forever....

I have a lot to learn, this board scares the hell out of me - I've upgraded from a Socket A 3200amd LOL, oh how things change!

While I'm here does anyone know the rating of CHA_FAN2? I brought this up here...

Welcome to the Club mate! smile.gif I'll add you in a moment wink.gif Have a nice day
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1477 of 9343
Hello all P8P67 owners,

Recently i bought P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 motherboard and i have problems with corsair 2x2gb 1600mhz ram CMX4GX3M2A1600C9. One module refuses to work, the other one works perfectly. The problem is not with ram, because i tested them on my friends computer and ram worked fine, also I took his 1333mhz kingston ram and surprisingly it worked fine on my P8P67 PRO 3.1 board... What do i do, where's the problem??

By the way, i ran the memok! test, i cleared the cmos and one time computer successfully booted with both modules, but when i changed frequency to 1600mhz in bios, PC wouldn't boot again and now even clearing the cmos doesn't help.

And is it really only one BIOS release till today for this motherboard?? frown.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k  ASUS P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 GTX 570 Twin Frozr Corsair 2x2GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung HD103SJ F3 1TB LG DVD-RW 22x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG E2350V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair GS600 Cooler Master Elite 430 POS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k  ASUS P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 GTX 570 Twin Frozr Corsair 2x2GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung HD103SJ F3 1TB LG DVD-RW 22x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG E2350V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair GS600 Cooler Master Elite 430 POS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1478 of 9343
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasrs4;13979512 
Hello all P8P67 owners,

Recently i bought P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 motherboard and i have problems with corsair 2x2gb 1600mhz ram CMX4GX3M2A1600C9. One module refuses to work, the other one works perfectly. The problem is not with ram, because i tested them on my friends computer and ram worked fine, also I took his 1333mhz kingston ram and surprisingly it worked fine on my P8P67 PRO 3.1 board... What do i do, where's the problem??

By the way, i ran the memok! test, i cleared the cmos and one time computer successfully booted with both modules, but when i changed frequency to 1600mhz in bios, PC wouldn't boot again and now even clearing the cmos doesn't help.

And is it really only one BIOS release till today for this motherboard?? frown.gif

unplug the power cord and take the battery out for a couple mins, it's a sure way of clearing the cmos. Then try with one stick of ram and if needed set the stock settings for it before adding the second stick. Have you followed the manual on which slots you shoud be using? I'm using the 2nd and 4th as instructed by the manual.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1479 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1;13979613 
unplug the power cord and take the battery out for a couple mins, it's a sure way of clearing the cmos. Then try with one stick of ram and if needed set the stock settings for it before adding the second stick. Have you followed the manual on which slots you shoud be using? I'm using the 2nd and 4th as instructed by the manual.

I tried all that, the problem is that my motherboard just hates one module of those ram, because no way i can get it to boot - red led lights continuosly, the other module boots perfectly even when set to 1600mhz, i just dont get it frown.giffrown.gif The module cant be faulty or can it ? Because on my friends PC it works perfectly. And yes im using 2nd and 4th slots, and 2nd when only one module is inserted.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k  ASUS P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 GTX 570 Twin Frozr Corsair 2x2GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung HD103SJ F3 1TB LG DVD-RW 22x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG E2350V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair GS600 Cooler Master Elite 430 POS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k  ASUS P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 GTX 570 Twin Frozr Corsair 2x2GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung HD103SJ F3 1TB LG DVD-RW 22x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG E2350V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair GS600 Cooler Master Elite 430 POS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1480 of 9343
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasrs4;13979716 
I tried all that, the problem is that my motherboard just hates one module of those ram, because no way i can get it to boot - red led lights continuosly, the other module boots perfectly even when set to 1600mhz, i just dont get it frown.giffrown.gif The module cant be faulty or can it ? Because on my friends PC it works perfectly. And yes im using 2nd and 4th slots, and 2nd when only one module is inserted.

sounds like the dimm slot is faulty, it can happen im afraid.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>