Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 359

post #3581 of 9373
What kind of times do you have before you see the bios/UEFI logo (for the first the first time) during boot? On mine P8P67 Pro, with a lot of stuff disabled, it takes about 15 seconds, which I find quite a lot.
post #3582 of 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqob View Post
What kind of times do you have before you see the bios/UEFI logo (for the first the first time) during boot? On mine P8P67 Pro, with a lot of stuff disabled, it takes about 15 seconds, which I find quite a lot.
ill echo what twocables said, post your settings and maybe we can find a thing or two to fix. on my pc, it takes about ~10 secs or so from pushing the power button up to my windows desktop.
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Yep, Aeris died
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @4.8 Ghz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 580 SC Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial RealSSD C300 WD Caviar Black Asetek 760GC Windows 7 
OSPowerCaseMouse
FreeBSD Corsair Professional Series HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3583 of 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglake View Post
What fans are you using? Noctua fans are silent.
Anyways you say you have NH-D14 ... didn't you have a fan resistors @ 5V and 7V?
My noctua cooler came with to of one kind and two of other kind.
Well at the moment it's still in it's box but i've heard they're quiet.
I assumed at 100% they would make some noise though.

I could use the resistors true, but then I wouldn't be able to reach top speeds when needed.
Steel Behemoth
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8Z68- V PRO Asus GeForce GTX 580 DirectCu II G-Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V+100 96GB Seagate Barracuda Green2TB NH-D14 Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Apple Cinema Display aluminium body 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Sidewinder X8 
  hide details  
Reply
Steel Behemoth
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8Z68- V PRO Asus GeForce GTX 580 DirectCu II G-Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V+100 96GB Seagate Barracuda Green2TB NH-D14 Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Apple Cinema Display aluminium body 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Sidewinder X8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3584 of 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqob View Post
What kind of times do you have before you see the bios/UEFI logo (for the first the first time) during boot? On mine P8P67 Pro, with a lot of stuff disabled, it takes about 15 seconds, which I find quite a lot.
15 seconds for me too. The reason why it takes this long is because it has to power on your stuff including your drives, then it has to initialize your drives, and then prepare the system to perform the Power-On Self Test.

I think that this is normal, and I think the reason why you're noticing is because this board has a UEFI instead of a BIOS, and so you're kind of hyper-aware and are expecting it to be much faster.
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3585 of 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethermir View Post
ill echo what twocables said, post your settings and maybe we can find a thing or two to fix. on my pc, it takes about ~10 secs or so from pushing the power button up to my windows desktop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
15 seconds for me too. The reason why it takes this long is because it has to power on your stuff including your drives, then it has to initialize your drives, and then prepare the system to perform the Power-On Self Test.

I think that this is normal, and I think the reason why you're noticing is because this board has a UEFI instead of a BIOS, and so you're kind of hyper-aware and are expecting it to be much faster.
Here is a picture of my settings. Everything not shown is default. Bios version is 1704. The reason I think it takes to long time is that my old dell laptop is at the windows desktop before this motherboard even shows me the bios logo...

Booting with just the SSD (Crucial m4 128gb) installed does not change the time.

Timed the post state leds.

CPU_LED: On 0 sec Off 2 sec
DRAM_LED: On 2 sec Off 4 sec
VGA_LED: On 4 sec Off 8 sec
BOOT_DEVICE_LED: On 8 sec Off 15 sec
Windows Desktop ~22 sec

Nethermir, yours much be more or less instantaneous to reach the desktop in that time?

Edit: Why is my image resized?
Full size: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ettingsdu.jpg/

Edited by jaqob - 9/12/11 at 9:06am
post #3586 of 9373
Hi, Any of you guys enabling hot plug feature ? Apart from freezes any benefits to it ?
yarrrrrr!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe XFX HD 7970 Corsair Vengeance 8GB Cas 8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 120 GB Corsair Force GT SSD / WD green 1 TB Sony Win 7 home 64 U2311 
PowerCase
HX1000 Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
yarrrrrr!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe XFX HD 7970 Corsair Vengeance 8GB Cas 8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 120 GB Corsair Force GT SSD / WD green 1 TB Sony Win 7 home 64 U2311 
PowerCase
HX1000 Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3587 of 9373
Hmm freezes?

I think I disabled mine because it kept showing the "removable hardware" tray icon and it annoyed the crap out of me.
post #3588 of 9373
lolz yea that icon.
yarrrrrr!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe XFX HD 7970 Corsair Vengeance 8GB Cas 8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 120 GB Corsair Force GT SSD / WD green 1 TB Sony Win 7 home 64 U2311 
PowerCase
HX1000 Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
yarrrrrr!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe XFX HD 7970 Corsair Vengeance 8GB Cas 8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 120 GB Corsair Force GT SSD / WD green 1 TB Sony Win 7 home 64 U2311 
PowerCase
HX1000 Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3589 of 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez007 View Post
so these settings will go to 1600mhz?

because it seems that mine barely goes to 1600mhz while idling... once i start moving my mouse it kicks back up to 4500mhz.
Wow. I haven't heard of this happening yet. Is your mouse connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports by chance? That's the only thing I can think of.
My mouse is not connected to usb 3.0... but here are my settings, maybe i missed something.




My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 2600k @ 4.9ghz asus p8z68 v pro zotac nvidia gtx 680 2x4gigs patriot 2000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair force gt 3 SSD 120g 250GB Xspc Rasa kit 750  Alpha Cool radiator 45mm Dual 120 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Xspc radiator 35mm Dual 120 Windows 7 Ultimate yamakasi catleap 27inc @ 120hz Corsair Ax850 Gold 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Storm Trooper razer naga 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 2600k @ 4.9ghz asus p8z68 v pro zotac nvidia gtx 680 2x4gigs patriot 2000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair force gt 3 SSD 120g 250GB Xspc Rasa kit 750  Alpha Cool radiator 45mm Dual 120 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Xspc radiator 35mm Dual 120 Windows 7 Ultimate yamakasi catleap 27inc @ 120hz Corsair Ax850 Gold 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Storm Trooper razer naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3590 of 9373
Count me in

And here are the settings I use to hit 5.2GHz (once for testing) and 5.0GHz for 24/7 Gaming

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...want-4ghz.html
   
Main Laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 3.4GHz @ 5.2GHz ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (B3) SLi ASUS GTX780Ti DC2OC 16GB (4x 4GB) Vengeance 1866MHz @ 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
C: Crucial MX200 250GB D: Caviar Black 2TB E: Spinpoint 750GB F: Raptor 150GB (Ubuntu 12.04 Dual Boot) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BD Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus PB278Q 2560x1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Corsair 1kW Antec 1200 Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
A4 paper :D Logitech Z-5500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 (2.6GHz to 3.8GHz) ASUS 780i Striker II Formula ASUS GTX 470 8Gb (4x2Gb) Dominators 1066MHz DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C: Crucial M4 256GB D: 1x Raptor 150Gb & E: + F... ASUS DVD + DVD(RW) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ASUS 26" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Corsair 750W Antec 300 Logitech G5 
Mouse PadAudio
A4 paper :D ASUS Cine5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 something something ASUS N750JV nVidia 750M 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 Kingston 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C: Crucial MX200 mSATA 250GB + D: WD 1TB 5k4 E:... DVD-RAM DL C: Windows 7 64-bit, E: Linux Elementary OS Luna 17" 1080p 
Mouse
ASUS Optical USB 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Main Laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 3.4GHz @ 5.2GHz ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (B3) SLi ASUS GTX780Ti DC2OC 16GB (4x 4GB) Vengeance 1866MHz @ 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
C: Crucial MX200 250GB D: Caviar Black 2TB E: Spinpoint 750GB F: Raptor 150GB (Ubuntu 12.04 Dual Boot) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BD Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus PB278Q 2560x1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Corsair 1kW Antec 1200 Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
A4 paper :D Logitech Z-5500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 (2.6GHz to 3.8GHz) ASUS 780i Striker II Formula ASUS GTX 470 8Gb (4x2Gb) Dominators 1066MHz DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C: Crucial M4 256GB D: 1x Raptor 150Gb & E: + F... ASUS DVD + DVD(RW) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ASUS 26" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Corsair 750W Antec 300 Logitech G5 
Mouse PadAudio
A4 paper :D ASUS Cine5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 something something ASUS N750JV nVidia 750M 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 Kingston 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C: Crucial MX200 mSATA 250GB + D: WD 1TB 5k4 E:... DVD-RAM DL C: Windows 7 64-bit, E: Linux Elementary OS Luna 17" 1080p 
Mouse
ASUS Optical USB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>