Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 368

post #3671 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyToys NotEnoughTime View Post
I've got a real solid x46 OC using TwoCables' original template (from the second post on this thread) and my p8z68v pro board and 2600k. The settings I've changed are:

By All Cores: 46 (versus 48)
DRAM timing: (2x 4GB corsair vengence @ 1600 9-9-9-24-2T)
Secondary Plane Current Limit: Auto (not listed in template)
CPU Offset Voltage: +0.010 (versus 0.040)
DRAM Voltage: 1.50
VCCSA Voltage: N/A (not list in my bios)

This has held up to 20 iterations of IBT @ very high stress level (4096MB) with Xtreme enabled as well as a 12 hour blend.

I'd like to try pushing this a little higher but I got repeated BSOD or Windows would fail to boot using the original template (x47 and x48, offset +0.040).

So what should I try next? Manually setting VCCIO? Pushing the offset higher?
Bumping this since I didn't see any responses. The system mentioned above (not sig rig) freezes while booting windows (the four color windows thingy stops animating) at x47 but is happy as can be at x46. I've tried pushing the offset to +0.080 but no luck. So do I have a CPU that can't make it past x46? How far can I push the offset?
Monty's Revenge
(17 items)
 
Agadore's Garden
(15 items)
 
Spartacus
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-680 EVGA GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1x Crucial M4 256GB + 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB Pioneer BDR-206DBK Koolance CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX360V2 XSPC D5 dual bay res Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1x Dell U2410 + 2x U2407 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-570 EVGA GTX-570 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Crucial M4 256GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 Pioneer BDR-206DBK 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit Dell U2412M Corsair AX850 
Case
HAF-X 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
SuperMicro H8QGL-IF+ Matrox G200 (integrated) 8x Crucial Ballistix 2x 2GB DDR3 1600 WD RE4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-2207B5PK  Swiftech MCR420-QP radiator 4x Koolance CPU-370SA blocks Swiftech MCP35X pump 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower Z-Multi 150 reservoir Ubuntu 10.10 Old dell 15" Old Dell PS/2 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Custom two-tier tech tray by Spotswood Old Dell PS/2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monty's Revenge
(17 items)
 
Agadore's Garden
(15 items)
 
Spartacus
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-680 EVGA GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1x Crucial M4 256GB + 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB Pioneer BDR-206DBK Koolance CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX360V2 XSPC D5 dual bay res Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1x Dell U2410 + 2x U2407 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-570 EVGA GTX-570 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Crucial M4 256GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 Pioneer BDR-206DBK 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit Dell U2412M Corsair AX850 
Case
HAF-X 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
SuperMicro H8QGL-IF+ Matrox G200 (integrated) 8x Crucial Ballistix 2x 2GB DDR3 1600 WD RE4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-2207B5PK  Swiftech MCR420-QP radiator 4x Koolance CPU-370SA blocks Swiftech MCP35X pump 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower Z-Multi 150 reservoir Ubuntu 10.10 Old dell 15" Old Dell PS/2 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Custom two-tier tech tray by Spotswood Old Dell PS/2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3672 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by stariz View Post
Hey guys, I recently built a PC with the P8Z68-V PRO and am having a problem with what appears to be the on-board sound. There is this faint static/high pitched beeping sound coming from my speakers at all times and is independent of any volume settings - it is present even when all sound is muted. It is not that loud, but it is enough to be really annoying. I originally suspected the speakers; however, the annoying sound is not present when I plug them into my laptop or my friends PC.

I tried installing the latest Realtek drivers but it made no difference. I tried all the audio jacks and muted all inputs/outputs in soundcard management with no success.

I then suspected a grounding loop and connected my PC to various mains in my apartment and at a friends place, but the sound was still there. I then figured I would take apart everything and assemble it outside my case one piece at a time, testing the speakers along the way. This proved useless as my minimal system with only the PSU, CPU, ram, boot drive, and stock fan (I swapped out my hyper 212+ to rule it out as well) still caused the background noise through my speakers. I also tried an alternate PSU on this minimal system with no success.

An interesting note is that when my cpu load is high, the noise goes away. For example, when I run prime95, the noise goes away completely and my speakers function normally. Also, if I change a setting in Realtek HD audio manager, the sound goes away while it reloads devices (normal sound/music is still audible during the reloading of devices phase so its not just a general mute of all sound).

The next thing I am going to try before I resort to getting a separate soundcard or something is to maybe change the CPU throttling settings. What do you think about this idea? considering that the sound seems to be present during idle, I could eliminate any power saving functions. My idle core voltage is ~0.9V atm which seems kind of low right?

What about flashing the new 0606 BIOS? I am currently using 0501. I didn't do this right away as I didn't want to risk being stuck with a BIOS error and not being able to go back to 0501.

And just to make my post even longer... I noticed something strange in the BIOS. One of my CHA_FAN monitors seems to be bugging out. It will randomly flash to max speed 19640RPM for a second then go back to its normal ~1015RPM. The fan is functioning normally on physical inspection though. I'm not to worried about this error though as it is inconsequential; the speaker static sound is about as annoying as it gets in terms of problems though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS. This is all on stock speeds, I haven't started overclocking anything yet.
I've seen some people complaining about high pitch sound coming from their motherboard.
They fixed it by setting
the vcore in manual 1.20v
LLC(load line calibration) : high/ultra high.
phase control : extreme.
You can also try to put "cpu spread spectrum" on enabled
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3673 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyToys NotEnoughTime View Post
Bumping this since I didn't see any responses. The system mentioned above (not sig rig) freezes while booting windows (the four color windows thingy stops animating) at x47 but is happy as can be at x46. I've tried pushing the offset to +0.080 but no luck. So do I have a CPU that can't make it past x46? How far can I push the offset?
Do you have pll overvoltage enabled ?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3674 of 9343
ok on my box says asus p8p67 pro (rev. 3.0) and on asus website the 3.1

is it still ok to download drivers from the 3.1 rev? even bios?
post #3675 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Do you have pll overvoltage enabled ?
I currently have it disabled as that seems to be what is recommended in general. I will try enabling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stariz View Post
Hey guys, I recently built a PC with the P8Z68-V PRO and am having a problem with what appears to be the on-board sound. There is this faint static/high pitched beeping sound coming from my speakers at all times and is independent of any volume settings - it is present even when all sound is muted. It is not that loud, but it is enough to be really annoying. I originally suspected the speakers; however, the annoying sound is not present when I plug them into my laptop or my friends PC.

I tried installing the latest Realtek drivers but it made no difference. I tried all the audio jacks and muted all inputs/outputs in soundcard management with no success.

I then suspected a grounding loop and connected my PC to various mains in my apartment and at a friends place, but the sound was still there. I then figured I would take apart everything and assemble it outside my case one piece at a time, testing the speakers along the way. This proved useless as my minimal system with only the PSU, CPU, ram, boot drive, and stock fan (I swapped out my hyper 212+ to rule it out as well) still caused the background noise through my speakers. I also tried an alternate PSU on this minimal system with no success.

An interesting note is that when my cpu load is high, the noise goes away. For example, when I run prime95, the noise goes away completely and my speakers function normally. Also, if I change a setting in Realtek HD audio manager, the sound goes away while it reloads devices (normal sound/music is still audible during the reloading of devices phase so its not just a general mute of all sound).

The next thing I am going to try before I resort to getting a separate soundcard or something is to maybe change the CPU throttling settings. What do you think about this idea? considering that the sound seems to be present during idle, I could eliminate any power saving functions. My idle core voltage is ~0.9V atm which seems kind of low right?

What about flashing the new 0606 BIOS? I am currently using 0501. I didn't do this right away as I didn't want to risk being stuck with a BIOS error and not being able to go back to 0501.

And just to make my post even longer... I noticed something strange in the BIOS. One of my CHA_FAN monitors seems to be bugging out. It will randomly flash to max speed 19640RPM for a second then go back to its normal ~1015RPM. The fan is functioning normally on physical inspection though. I'm not to worried about this error though as it is inconsequential; the speaker static sound is about as annoying as it gets in terms of problems though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS. This is all on stock speeds, I haven't started overclocking anything yet.
I have the same board (p8z68v pro) and use the integrated sound, but have not noticed any whine. The fact that the sound goes away (or the frequency gets too high to hear easily) does sound like a power 'leak'. I have also noticed the wierd RPM spikes on one of my fans. It is a 3 pin but is plugged into a 4 pin socket.

Upgrading your bios to 606 is strongly recommended as it includes an update to the Intel RST firmware. I had no problems with it although you need to be careful if you have a RAID configuration. After flashing the bios, make sure you don't allow windows to boot until you have re-enabled RAID. Also note that the RST update requires both the BIOS update and the latest RST drivers for windows. Both are available on the Asus site the last time I checked.
Monty's Revenge
(17 items)
 
Agadore's Garden
(15 items)
 
Spartacus
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-680 EVGA GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1x Crucial M4 256GB + 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB Pioneer BDR-206DBK Koolance CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX360V2 XSPC D5 dual bay res Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1x Dell U2410 + 2x U2407 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-570 EVGA GTX-570 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Crucial M4 256GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 Pioneer BDR-206DBK 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit Dell U2412M Corsair AX850 
Case
HAF-X 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
SuperMicro H8QGL-IF+ Matrox G200 (integrated) 8x Crucial Ballistix 2x 2GB DDR3 1600 WD RE4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-2207B5PK  Swiftech MCR420-QP radiator 4x Koolance CPU-370SA blocks Swiftech MCP35X pump 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower Z-Multi 150 reservoir Ubuntu 10.10 Old dell 15" Old Dell PS/2 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Custom two-tier tech tray by Spotswood Old Dell PS/2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monty's Revenge
(17 items)
 
Agadore's Garden
(15 items)
 
Spartacus
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-680 EVGA GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1x Crucial M4 256GB + 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB Pioneer BDR-206DBK Koolance CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX360V2 XSPC D5 dual bay res Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1x Dell U2410 + 2x U2407 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z68V-Pro EVGA GTX-570 EVGA GTX-570 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Crucial M4 256GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 Pioneer BDR-206DBK 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit Dell U2412M Corsair AX850 
Case
HAF-X 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE AMD 6180 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
SuperMicro H8QGL-IF+ Matrox G200 (integrated) 8x Crucial Ballistix 2x 2GB DDR3 1600 WD RE4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-2207B5PK  Swiftech MCR420-QP radiator 4x Koolance CPU-370SA blocks Swiftech MCP35X pump 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Bitspower Z-Multi 150 reservoir Ubuntu 10.10 Old dell 15" Old Dell PS/2 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Custom two-tier tech tray by Spotswood Old Dell PS/2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3676 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
I've seen some people complaining about high pitch sound coming from their motherboard.
They fixed it by setting
the vcore in manual 1.20v
LLC(load line calibration) : high/ultra high.
phase control : extreme.
You can also try to put "cpu spread spectrum" on enabled
No luck... I'll try updating the BIOS as TooManyToys NotEnoughTime suggested.

Can a leak be fixed by a BIOS change though? I would have thought that it would be faulty circuitry or something.

I'm not using raid btw - using AHCI.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 (2x4GB) DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Black 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x ASUS VE248H 24" Widescreen LED Seasonic X-650 650W Fractal R3 (Black) 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 (2x4GB) DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Black 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x ASUS VE248H 24" Widescreen LED Seasonic X-650 650W Fractal R3 (Black) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3677 of 9343
Reset CMOS, flashed 0606... speakers still make stupid sound. I have a P8Z68-V LE that I can test things on in a week or two (and then maybe send my V PRO back for testing... does that mean im out of the club while i'm using the v-le? ), but until then I don't know what else to test. If I just put in a separate sound card would the leak still be picked up? although I would probably want the root of the issue fixed as opposed to just avoiding it.
Edited by stariz - 9/22/11 at 10:20pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 (2x4GB) DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Black 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x ASUS VE248H 24" Widescreen LED Seasonic X-650 650W Fractal R3 (Black) 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 (2x4GB) DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Black 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x ASUS VE248H 24" Widescreen LED Seasonic X-650 650W Fractal R3 (Black) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3678 of 9343
Did you try with EIST/C1E/C3/C6 off ?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3679 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Did you try with EIST/C1E/C3/C6 off ?
Yes, this gets rid of the sound. The whining sound is completely gone with these speed stepping features off in any situation. What's strange though is any video on my screen causes the scratchy sound to happen - even the flash add on the main page of overclock.net causes the scratchy sound. I played a youtube vid on mute and I can hear it (the whining sound never happens though); just sitting on desktop or anywhere without video, there is no sound what so ever. Sound like video card problems? Although I was getting the sound with my card disconnected before running onboard graphics :S

It's very pleasant but I don't know how functional this fix is. I heard overclocks aren't very stable with these features disabled right? It was my intention to start overclocking once I had this issue resolved.
Edited by stariz - 9/23/11 at 12:01am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 (2x4GB) DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Black 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x ASUS VE248H 24" Widescreen LED Seasonic X-650 650W Fractal R3 (Black) 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 (2x4GB) DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Black 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x ASUS VE248H 24" Widescreen LED Seasonic X-650 650W Fractal R3 (Black) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3680 of 9343
You could check your dpc latency with dpc latency checker
There is some usefull info as well about audio drop-out etc...
You can have an overclock stable without these features,its just that some people report better results with them(c1e/eist) enabled.
The main problem of this "workaround" is the power wasted :/
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.7ghz asus p67 deluxe gtx 580 G.skill cas 7 2x2 GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
ssd intel x25-m 80GB win 7 64 bit g110 corsair 650w 
CaseMouse
HF-922 g500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>