Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 405

post #4041 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
Well I never like to push anything, and if it isn't on the list, I wouldn't have ordered it. Gosh DArnnit!

I remember some guy somewhere saying he had these and they fit under the noctua cooler that I was ordering, so then I looked on the list, saw them, then ordered. So if they aren't on that list, that DEFINITELY could be the issue.

SOOOO my next question....what RAM are you guys using? LOL
And is it low profile enough to fit under my cooler? I'll order some today as soon as I settle on which ones to get.
You don't know yet if your mem is causing the BSOD. Even if they aren't on the QVL does not mean they will cause trouble.

As I've said, try to increase VCCIO first, since you're using 4 sticks..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4042 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
Well I never like to push anything, and if it isn't on the list, I wouldn't have ordered it. Gosh DArnnit!

I remember some guy somewhere saying he had these and they fit under the noctua cooler that I was ordering, so then I looked on the list, saw them, then ordered. So if they aren't on that list, that DEFINITELY could be the issue.

SOOOO my next question....what RAM are you guys using? LOL
And is it low profile enough to fit under my cooler? I'll order some today as soon as I settle on which ones to get.
Yes, actually they have very different voltage/timing xmp settings now that I've looked at the specs. This could be a big issue. You're current ram at xmp is 1.5v @ 9-9-9-24-2N, but the ECO at xmp is 1.35v @ 8-8-8-24.

I use Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (2 kits) for 16gb of ram, and I don't have any ram issues that I'm aware of. The QVL states support for 1 kit (8gb), so I assumed 2 kits would be fine. Like I said, no issues here so far, although I'm not sure that they wouldn't cause problems fitting with your cooler. I have a CM Hyper 212+, and it was a VERY tight job for me, but I managed. Didn't have to move the fans or anything in my case.

Edit: Once again, I'm not saying that your ram is the problem. I'm guessing that if you contacted Asus, they would tell you to install ram that is on the QVL, or else they cannot gaurantee thier product will work. I don't want to be blamed here if you go out and swap your ram, and the problem persists. I'm just saying it COULD be the problem.

ReEdit: Go poke around here and see what they say about cooler clearance and ram recs for you.
http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling...will-my-2.html
Edited by Arimis5226 - 10/5/11 at 9:10am
post #4043 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimis5226 View Post
Yes, actually they have very different voltage/timing xmp settings now that I've looked at the specs. This could be a big issue. You're current ram at xmp is 1.5v @ 9-9-9-24-2N, but the ECO at xmp is 1.35v @ 8-8-8-24.

I use Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (2 kits) for 16gb of ram, and I don't have any ram issues that I'm aware of. The QVL states support for 1 kit (8gb), so I assumed 2 kits would be fine. Like I said, no issues here so far.

Edit: Once again, I'm not saying that your ram is the problem. I'm guessing that if you contacted Asus, they would tell you to install ram that is on the QVL, or else they cannot gaurantee thier product will work. I don't want to be blamed here if you go out and swap your ram, and the problem persists. I'm just saying it COULD be the problem.
Nah, I wouldn't be mad. I've already bought some much other crap for this system that another $120 bucks wouldn't matter. I'd just sell the ripjaws on ebay I guess. I'm not sure the Corsairs will fit under my cooler though.

Anyone have these chips and the NH-D14 and can confirm they fit?
Media Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V Pro VisionTek 900369 Radeon HD 6670 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Solid3 SSD/Intel 510 SSD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Acer 22" LCD CoolMax 700W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 MS Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Media Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V Pro VisionTek 900369 Radeon HD 6670 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Solid3 SSD/Intel 510 SSD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Acer 22" LCD CoolMax 700W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 MS Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4044 of 9343
Now that I'm looking at it, that G.Skill ECO ram looks beast. 1.32v? Wouldn't that be ideal for OCing, seeing as dram voltage is passed through the CPU, which could essentially put less stress on the CPU and keep the temps down?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231404
Thoughts?
post #4045 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimis5226 View Post
Now that I'm looking at it, that G.Skill ECO ram looks beast. 1.32v? Wouldn't that be ideal for OCing, seeing as dram voltage is passed through the CPU, which could essentially put less stress on the CPU and keep the temps down?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231404
Thoughts?
I emailed g.Skill support asking them about this and what are their thoughts. I'll report back when I get a response.
Media Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V Pro VisionTek 900369 Radeon HD 6670 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Solid3 SSD/Intel 510 SSD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Acer 22" LCD CoolMax 700W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 MS Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Media Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V Pro VisionTek 900369 Radeon HD 6670 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Solid3 SSD/Intel 510 SSD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Acer 22" LCD CoolMax 700W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 MS Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4046 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Then what happened when you tried to set "DRAM Voltage" to 1.6V?

I know you said "it didn't do anything at all", but what does that mean?
Sorry about that, like, it does not change the voltage to what I applied.
idk
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k p8z77-v pro sapphire hd 7950 sapphire hd 7950 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
samsung eco samsung f3 1tb corsair h100i windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vh238h cooler master quickfire tk rosewill capstone 650 fractal design define r4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
corsair m60 steelseries qck+ rokkit 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3570k ASRock Z77 WS sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex corsair vengeance 8gb 1866 samsung 840 120gb 
CoolingPowerCaseOther
h220 CORSAIR AX1200i nzxt switch 810 Individually Sleeved Modular Cable upgrade kit ... 
  hide details  
Reply
idk
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k p8z77-v pro sapphire hd 7950 sapphire hd 7950 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
samsung eco samsung f3 1tb corsair h100i windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vh238h cooler master quickfire tk rosewill capstone 650 fractal design define r4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
corsair m60 steelseries qck+ rokkit 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3570k ASRock Z77 WS sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex corsair vengeance 8gb 1866 samsung 840 120gb 
CoolingPowerCaseOther
h220 CORSAIR AX1200i nzxt switch 810 Individually Sleeved Modular Cable upgrade kit ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4047 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsteviiee View Post
Sorry about that, like, it does not change the voltage to what I applied.
What are you using to check? I mean, are you going back into the UEFI to check it, or are you using software?
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4048 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
This makes me curious: do you know if either your TPU or EPU switch are in the On position? If so, then they will need to be in the Off position.
It was, but I turned it off last night after the last crash when I attempted to put everything back to stock speeds, which i did.



I heard back from G.Skill. This was their response:

"Dear Customer

The memory is compatible, but it can be difficult mixing two kits in the same computer. First, I would suggest testing each kit to make sure they can work on their own. Enable XMP so they can be configured properly in BIOS. Otherwise you will need to manually input DRAM Frequency, Timings, and Voltage.

If both kits work OK by themselves, put them together by having each kit in their own color slots. Instead of XMP, use manual settings. XMP will only work for a single kit.

Keep me posted on the results and we can work from there.

Technically for the Z68 motherboard, the RipJaws X series should be used. The RipJaws is for the older first generation P55 platforms.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT"

I checked the RAM and they were what they should be. They were all sequential in number. I told them this:

"In the 1st slot, the number is 11230640214184 and 3rd slot (same color slots) is 1123064021483.
The 2nd slot is 1123064021486 and the 4th slot is 1123064021485."

I looked and I don't see this XMP or as he told me in a replay when I asked, "extreme memory profile" anywhere in the bios. Do you guys know where this is, or what it is called (assuming asus names it differently)?

I don't want to take 2 sticks out yet until it crashes again at stock speeds (if it does) That could be tonight, or in a few days.

I'm tempted to just order those X Series Ripjaws though since I know they'd fit. Check'em out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...666CL9Q-16GBXL

Let me know what you guys think about that XMP option as it should be disabled when using 4 sticks. Thanks.
Media Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V Pro VisionTek 900369 Radeon HD 6670 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Solid3 SSD/Intel 510 SSD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Acer 22" LCD CoolMax 700W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 MS Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Media Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V Pro VisionTek 900369 Radeon HD 6670 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Solid3 SSD/Intel 510 SSD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Acer 22" LCD CoolMax 700W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 MS Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4049 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
It was, but I turned it off last night after the last crash when I attempted to put everything back to stock speeds, which i did.
I was asking gtsteviiee. However, to avoid confusion: I had to edit my post and completely change my response because I noticed that he has his 2500K at 5 GHz. So if you go back and look at it and notice that it's very different, then that's why.

Anyway, it wasn't related to your situation at all. That's why I his post is quoted.



Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
I heard back from G.Skill. This was their response:

"Dear Customer

The memory is compatible, but it can be difficult mixing two kits in the same computer. First, I would suggest testing each kit to make sure they can work on their own. Enable XMP so they can be configured properly in BIOS. Otherwise you will need to manually input DRAM Frequency, Timings, and Voltage.

If both kits work OK by themselves, put them together by having each kit in their own color slots. Instead of XMP, use manual settings. XMP will only work for a single kit.

Keep me posted on the results and we can work from there.

Technically for the Z68 motherboard, the RipJaws X series should be used. The RipJaws is for the older first generation P55 platforms.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT"

I checked the RAM and they were what they should be. They were all sequential in number. I told them this:

"In the 1st slot, the number is 11230640214184 and 3rd slot (same color slots) is 1123064021483.
The 2nd slot is 1123064021486 and the 4th slot is 1123064021485."

I looked and I don't see this XMP or as he told me in a replay when I asked, "extreme memory profile" anywhere in the bios. Do you guys know where this is, or what it is called (assuming asus names it differently)?
It's an option for "Ai Overclock Tuner" in the UEFI.


Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
I don't want to take 2 sticks out yet until it crashes again at stock speeds (if it does) That could be tonight, or in a few days.

I'm tempted to just order those X Series Ripjaws though since I know they'd fit. Check'em out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...666CL9Q-16GBXL

Let me know what you guys think about that XMP option as it should be disabled when using 4 sticks. Thanks.
I don't know.
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4050 of 9343
Going back into the UEFI.
idk
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k p8z77-v pro sapphire hd 7950 sapphire hd 7950 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
samsung eco samsung f3 1tb corsair h100i windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vh238h cooler master quickfire tk rosewill capstone 650 fractal design define r4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
corsair m60 steelseries qck+ rokkit 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3570k ASRock Z77 WS sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex corsair vengeance 8gb 1866 samsung 840 120gb 
CoolingPowerCaseOther
h220 CORSAIR AX1200i nzxt switch 810 Individually Sleeved Modular Cable upgrade kit ... 
  hide details  
Reply
idk
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k p8z77-v pro sapphire hd 7950 sapphire hd 7950 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
samsung eco samsung f3 1tb corsair h100i windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vh238h cooler master quickfire tk rosewill capstone 650 fractal design define r4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
corsair m60 steelseries qck+ rokkit 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3570k ASRock Z77 WS sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
sapphire hd 7950 flex sapphire hd 7950 flex corsair vengeance 8gb 1866 samsung 840 120gb 
CoolingPowerCaseOther
h220 CORSAIR AX1200i nzxt switch 810 Individually Sleeved Modular Cable upgrade kit ... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>