Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 699

post #6981 of 9370
Hi guys smile.gif I've p8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3. My problem is about HDDs. I've 4 disks and all of them are Sata 3 - 1TB

2 of them on Intel, and 2 of them on Marvel. And on marvel's looks like USB SCSI disks?? And looks like they're slow

218

378

What must I do? And I'm not sure these are on marvel or intel slots...
Edited by DJ_OXyGeNe_8 - 4/16/12 at 9:58am
post #6982 of 9370
does anyone know if the Intel Core i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge) work on a Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3?
because mine just does a reboot loop with RAM frown.gif
without RAM it doesnt do a reboot loop but wont show anything (already tried it without the gpu)
post #6983 of 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post

does anyone know if the Intel Core i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge) work on a Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3?
because mine just does a reboot loop with RAM frown.gif
without RAM it doesnt do a reboot loop but wont show anything (already tried it without the gpu)

You will have to test the cpu in another machine some how.

It will never post without memory in it.
post #6984 of 9370
Anybody with a P8P67 Pro know if you can control 3-pin fans? I've downloaded fan xpert but I can't seem to get it to control my fans.

Also, I hear you can't plug it into the 4 pin header?
post #6985 of 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post

Anybody with a P8P67 Pro know if you can control 3-pin fans? I've downloaded fan xpert but I can't seem to get it to control my fans.

Also, I hear you can't plug it into the 4 pin header?

3 pin headers can't be controlled, the 3 pins are for +12 V, ground, and the tachometer (measures RPM), only a 4 pin fan can be controlled. The 4th pin is for 'pulse width modulation', or controlling the speed of the fan. You'll need a 4-pin PWM fan plugged in in order to control it; you can't plug a 3-pin fan into the 4 pin controller and use PWM.
If you want to control the speed on your 3 pin fans, your options are to get a fan controller (uses resistance), set up a resistor, or run the fan on 5 V or 7 V from the PSU if you want it slower/quieter.


Quote:
Originally Posted by alancsalt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molybdenum View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I picked up a Asus P9Z68-Deluxe for cheap because it had a couple bent pins (about 5), fixed those and it seems to be working thumb.gif
However, I'm having a hard time OCing. I've updated my bios to the latest (3203), but I can't seem to boot into windows with any multiplier higher than 45 (45 works, 46+ doesn't). I don't have PLL overvoltage on, because it seems like this is only needed for 4.8+, if even, but I can't even get 46x to load into windows. They stop after W7 does its swirl thing, sometimes I get a 124 BSOD, but usually not. I like to use sleep, so I'd rather avoid PLL if I can. (It also isn't the best for the chip, correct?)
I've tried varying my multiplier around 46, 47,48, various vcore (1.38, 1.39, 1.40, 1.41, 1.43) and offset +0.04 or 0.06, as well as combinations of ultra-high LLC, high LLC, C3/C6 enabled or disabled and nada. I've been able to boot 47x and 48x once or twice and was able to check VID in Realtemp but, I can't remember if this was before or after I updated bios (likely before), and now I can't seem to get back there.
Any tips for OCing on this Asus board? I followed TwoCables's guide in the OP, but I can't boot into windows with the 48x, and even 47 or 46 don't work with the same settings. I had a lower end MSI board before and was at 4.4, would like to push that a little higher now that I can control vccio and such. (And not capped at 1.35 vcore)
And this stupid deluxe board doesn't have any video out frown.gif I liked using the iGPU for a 3rd monitor. Guess those days are gone. But I do have two LAN/ethernet ports rolleyes.gif
edit: double post, sorry, dumb laptop.
edit2: I seem to having a little more success with XMP mode rather than manual. I'll keep tinkering


http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?265398-Official-ASUS-P8P67-Series-Overclocking-Guide-and-Information


So many opinions, but this worked for me on P8P67 Pro and P8z68 Deluxe/Gen3.......
Great read, thanks a bunch. Sounds like I fall into the larger range of crappier chips, thanks for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehighroller1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molybdenum View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I picked up a Asus P9Z68-Deluxe for cheap because it had a couple bent pins (about 5), fixed those and it seems to be working thumb.gif
However, I'm having a hard time OCing. I've updated my bios to the latest (3203), but I can't seem to boot into windows with any multiplier higher than 45 (45 works, 46+ doesn't). I don't have PLL overvoltage on, because it seems like this is only needed for 4.8+, if even, but I can't even get 46x to load into windows. They stop after W7 does its swirl thing, sometimes I get a 124 BSOD, but usually not. I like to use sleep, so I'd rather avoid PLL if I can. (It also isn't the best for the chip, correct?)
I've tried varying my multiplier around 46, 47,48, various vcore (1.38, 1.39, 1.40, 1.41, 1.43) and offset +0.04 or 0.06, as well as combinations of ultra-high LLC, high LLC, C3/C6 enabled or disabled and nada. I've been able to boot 47x and 48x once or twice and was able to check VID in Realtemp but, I can't remember if this was before or after I updated bios (likely before), and now I can't seem to get back there.
Any tips for OCing on this Asus board? I followed TwoCables's guide in the OP, but I can't boot into windows with the 48x, and even 47 or 46 don't work with the same settings. I had a lower end MSI board before and was at 4.4, would like to push that a little higher now that I can control vccio and such. (And not capped at 1.35 vcore)
And this stupid deluxe board doesn't have any video out frown.gif I liked using the iGPU for a 3rd monitor. Guess those days are gone. But I do have two LAN/ethernet ports rolleyes.gif
edit: double post, sorry, dumb laptop.
edit2: I seem to having a little more success with XMP mode rather than manual. I'll keep tinkering

It's your vrm frequency. You need to set it to 400 or a little more maybe 420. I wrestled with this for a day probably my self and changed that setting and I was amazed at how easily I could keep going higher after that.

Did this after finding that out.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2171804

Thanks, I tried 400 and 420, but still couldn't boot with anything higher than x45 (no PLL), guess I just haev a bad chip. Ah well. Thanks for the idea, and that's an awesome OC thumb.gif
Edited by Molybdenum - 4/16/12 at 5:42pm
post #6986 of 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post

does anyone know if the Intel Core i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge) work on a Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3?
because mine just does a reboot loop with RAM frown.gif
without RAM it doesnt do a reboot loop but wont show anything (already tried it without the gpu)


Where in the heck did you get one questionmark.gif To my knowledge they have not been released yet. I intend to get a 3770k for my V-Pro B3 and it will require a bios update that I do not need ATM so maybe try that. You lucky dog.....sneaky.gif

Luxe 1
(33 items)
 
Enthoo Primo
(28 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Asus GTX 1080Ti FE G.SKILL 32GB (4 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 Seagate Backup+ Desk SCSI Disk Device asus bc-12b1st 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm Pro corsair sp120 high performance led tygon E-1000 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD plasticizer free kryographics Pascal for NVIDIA TITAN X and GTX ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Mayhem Pastel White UV Monsoon center compression fittings  Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm radiator  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm radiator  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual Bay Reservoi... Phanteks PH-F140SP Case Fan Aquacomputer backplate for kryographics Pascal ... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG278Q Gsync (Primary) Asus PB278Q (Extended) Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Ke... CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614L  Func MS-3 rev2 Razer exactMat X speed Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB PCIe Gaming Sou... 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System... HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset Darkside dimable LED strips  Modsmart Kobra Cables 
Other
EVGA PowerLink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.8 MSI Z97 Gaming 7  Saphire R9 290x (hynix) Saphire R9 290x (Hynix) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x Samsung 850 Pro Raid-0  AMD RAMDisk WD1001FALS (Data/Backup) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST BlueRay Custom Water Cooled Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG278Q Corsair K70 EVGA 1000w G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
FUNC MS-3 rev2  XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad Kingston HyperX Cloud II  Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming ... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm EK Supremacy EVO Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 Radiator EK-FC R9-290X Waterblock - Nickel Acetal (Rev.2.0) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC R9-290X backplate Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ... Bitspower D5 MOD TOP (Black "S" Model) PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 1/2in. ID ... 
  hide details  
Reply
Luxe 1
(33 items)
 
Enthoo Primo
(28 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Asus GTX 1080Ti FE G.SKILL 32GB (4 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 Seagate Backup+ Desk SCSI Disk Device asus bc-12b1st 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm Pro corsair sp120 high performance led tygon E-1000 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD plasticizer free kryographics Pascal for NVIDIA TITAN X and GTX ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Mayhem Pastel White UV Monsoon center compression fittings  Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm radiator  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm radiator  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual Bay Reservoi... Phanteks PH-F140SP Case Fan Aquacomputer backplate for kryographics Pascal ... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG278Q Gsync (Primary) Asus PB278Q (Extended) Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Ke... CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614L  Func MS-3 rev2 Razer exactMat X speed Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB PCIe Gaming Sou... 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System... HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset Darkside dimable LED strips  Modsmart Kobra Cables 
Other
EVGA PowerLink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.8 MSI Z97 Gaming 7  Saphire R9 290x (hynix) Saphire R9 290x (Hynix) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x Samsung 850 Pro Raid-0  AMD RAMDisk WD1001FALS (Data/Backup) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST BlueRay Custom Water Cooled Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG278Q Corsair K70 EVGA 1000w G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
FUNC MS-3 rev2  XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad Kingston HyperX Cloud II  Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming ... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm EK Supremacy EVO Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 Radiator EK-FC R9-290X Waterblock - Nickel Acetal (Rev.2.0) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC R9-290X backplate Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ... Bitspower D5 MOD TOP (Black "S" Model) PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 1/2in. ID ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6987 of 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molybdenum View Post

3 pin headers can't be controlled, the 3 pins are for +12 V, ground, and the tachometer (measures RPM), only a 4 pin fan can be controlled. The 4th pin is for 'pulse width modulation', or controlling the speed of the fan. You'll need a 4-pin PWM fan plugged in in order to control it; you can't plug a 3-pin fan into the 4 pin controller and use PWM.
If you want to control the speed on your 3 pin fans, your options are to get a fan controller (uses resistance), set up a resistor, or run the fan on 5 V or 7 V from the PSU if you want it slower/quieter.

Thanks for the tips, but I think you misunderstood me.

The mobo can regulate voltage going to the 3-pin headers, I just couldn't get the software to work.

Fixed after playing with it for awhile and now my 3-pin fans can be controlled via the software.

Also, I have a 3-pin fan plugged into the 4-pin CPU fan header but its getting a horrible buzzing noise. It doesn't even have the 4th pin, where does the noise come from?
post #6988 of 9370
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6989 of 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by owcraftsman View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post

does anyone know if the Intel Core i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge) work on a Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3?
because mine just does a reboot loop with RAM frown.gif
without RAM it doesnt do a reboot loop but wont show anything (already tried it without the gpu)


Where in the heck did you get one questionmark.gif To my knowledge they have not been released yet. I intend to get a 3770k for my V-Pro B3 and it will require a bios update that I do not need ATM so maybe try that. You lucky dog.....sneaky.gif

damn, so i need to buy a damn SB cpu just to update my BIOS?
i really need to complain to Asus about this jack *****
IB ready? no its not


btw, dutch webshops are selling the IB i5's
post #6990 of 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post

damn, so i need to buy a damn SB cpu just to update my BIOS?
i really need to complain to Asus about this jack *****
IB ready? no its not
btw, dutch webshops are selling the IB i5's

You probably got an old stock of the board. Only the newest ones would have the latest BIOS. If you got it from a shop, take it back to them and have them reflash the BIOS. If you got it online, get a refund and pick up a Z77 board which is designed for IB.
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Reply
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>