Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 740

post #7391 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

A difference of 10°C sounds to me like the Core2 series.

My last CPU was an e8400 and was notorious for showing incorrect temps.
post #7392 of 9343
[long-winded] Question:

So, I have this memory Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C 2x4GB 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V (XMP DDR3-1600)
This particular memory is NOT on the QVL - the only Corsair DDR3-1600 memory is a 1.65V kit.

Since October 2011, I have been running this memory kit in my P8Z68 Deluxe, alongside my i7 2600K (which, up until recently, was at 4.8GHz).
BF3 absolutely loved this - every game I've tried has loved it (sometimes giving a mild headache thanks to the 560 Ti 2GB SLI / [2D] Surround setup)...

But I've been throwing every idea at the wall now that, as of mid-June, BF3 no longer plays nice with the rest of the kids. In fact, it hates everything about the playground at this point it seems.
I've upgraded to BIOS 3203, am currently running at 4.4GHz (with all the settings that previously allowed me to run stable at 4.8GHz), absolutely went insane with driver configurations, downgrades, upgrades, sidegrades, clean boots, disabling services, oh my.

I'm looking for a little assurance: my memory isn't to blame, right? (just by nature of it not being QVL)
BTW: It was tested to be OK in Memtest86 about a week ago.

I'd like to avoid 1.65V - is there anything that, all of a sudden, 1.5V isn't enough for this supposedly 1.5V-ready RAM? Might it need more juice? (1.55V wasn't preventing BF3 from hard-locking the system, mind you... didn't try 1.65V, however).

Oh, probably should have covered that: BF3 completely hard-locks, no visible errors.
On occasion, I can dig up logs that show a BCCode 117 (which is TDR). And yes, I've tried a few different Nvidia drivers (among a hoarde of other drivers tested or uninstalled, etc)


Now moving beyond memory - might there be a magic voltage that needs adjusted?
Would anything else lacking, in that regard, still lead to either no errors, or a 117 error (and still, I don't see any BSODs)?
I tried a VCCIO as high as 1.15V or thereabouts, but everything else has been left to Auto.
The Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4400MHz ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R9 290X Lightning - Crossfire Corsair XMP DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo WD 2TB HDD x2 Corsair H100i Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x ASUS PA238Q Razer BWU Stealth Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Asus Xonar U7 (USB) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4400MHz ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R9 290X Lightning - Crossfire Corsair XMP DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo WD 2TB HDD x2 Corsair H100i Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x ASUS PA238Q Razer BWU Stealth Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Asus Xonar U7 (USB) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7393 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by destrekor View Post

[long-winded] Question:
So, I have this memory Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C 2x4GB 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V (XMP DDR3-1600)
This particular memory is NOT on the QVL - the only Corsair DDR3-1600 memory is a 1.65V kit.
Since October 2011, I have been running this memory kit in my P8Z68 Deluxe, alongside my i7 2600K (which, up until recently, was at 4.8GHz).
BF3 absolutely loved this - every game I've tried has loved it (sometimes giving a mild headache thanks to the 560 Ti 2GB SLI / [2D] Surround setup)...
But I've been throwing every idea at the wall now that, as of mid-June, BF3 no longer plays nice with the rest of the kids. In fact, it hates everything about the playground at this point it seems.
I've upgraded to BIOS 3203, am currently running at 4.4GHz (with all the settings that previously allowed me to run stable at 4.8GHz), absolutely went insane with driver configurations, downgrades, upgrades, sidegrades, clean boots, disabling services, oh my.
I'm looking for a little assurance: my memory isn't to blame, right? (just by nature of it not being QVL)
BTW: It was tested to be OK in Memtest86 about a week ago.
I'd like to avoid 1.65V - is there anything that, all of a sudden, 1.5V isn't enough for this supposedly 1.5V-ready RAM? Might it need more juice? (1.55V wasn't preventing BF3 from hard-locking the system, mind you... didn't try 1.65V, however).
Oh, probably should have covered that: BF3 completely hard-locks, no visible errors.
On occasion, I can dig up logs that show a BCCode 117 (which is TDR). And yes, I've tried a few different Nvidia drivers (among a hoarde of other drivers tested or uninstalled, etc)
Now moving beyond memory - might there be a magic voltage that needs adjusted?
Would anything else lacking, in that regard, still lead to either no errors, or a 117 error (and still, I don't see any BSODs)?
I tried a VCCIO as high as 1.15V or thereabouts, but everything else has been left to Auto.



I have almost the exact same ram. But mine is CMX... Not CMZ. Mine has to be set to 1.65 to run. At any rate, I have the EXACT same problem man. BF3 freezes at random on me too. It can take 10 minutes or 2 hours. Or I can go all night with no issues. I have the P8P67 PRO version 1 with a I7 2600k, @ 4.5 all the time. My ram is at 1600 @ 1.65 and my video card is the asus GTX 570.

It seems that my card has issues with being under volted from what I have found on the internet. I used MSI after burner to bump my video cards voltage up some and it seems to have stopped. Others have told me this is a classic sign of a weak PSU. However my PSU has AMP rating of 53 and my card need 38 so Im not so sure its my PSU.

I know Bf3 does NOT like overclocking, so I might run my pc at stock speeds to see if that helps too. But one thing is for sure. You are not alone. It happens to a lot of us. It could very well be a buggy game. I mean, if it didnt before and now it is, either something on your end changed, or the update to the game is causing it.

Im starting to think its BF3 since all my other game run fine.


good luck.
X99
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
ASUS X99 EVGA ACX 780Ti 16GB Corsair  512GB Crucial SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2pcs Samsung 830 SSD RAID 0 H100i Windows 7 Asus 144hrtz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k740 AX860i Digital Fractel Arc Midi G602 
Audio
Realtek  
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
ASUS X99 EVGA ACX 780Ti 16GB Corsair  512GB Crucial SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2pcs Samsung 830 SSD RAID 0 H100i Windows 7 Asus 144hrtz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k740 AX860i Digital Fractel Arc Midi G602 
Audio
Realtek  
  hide details  
Reply
post #7394 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

A difference of 10°C sounds to me like the Core2 series.

I know...
Ive searched for oced 2500k temps on 4.5 or 4.8 and range is between 31-39(40)c...
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7395 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erper View Post

I know...
Ive searched for oced 2500k temps on 4.5 or 4.8 and range is between 31-39(40)c...
For idle, thats what i get on 4.5GHz. I think around 35c mark. Dont remember.
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7396 of 9343
again me...
quick question...
does anyone have any kind of problems after updating bios to latest version...

reason why im asking is next one...

i have my 2x4Gb Corsair where ive added this memory

it seems that it wont work together OCed
Edited by Erper - 7/25/12 at 10:41am
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7397 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman949 View Post

I have almost the exact same ram. But mine is CMX... Not CMZ. Mine has to be set to 1.65 to run. At any rate, I have the EXACT same problem man. BF3 freezes at random on me too. It can take 10 minutes or 2 hours. Or I can go all night with no issues. I have the P8P67 PRO version 1 with a I7 2600k, @ 4.5 all the time. My ram is at 1600 @ 1.65 and my video card is the asus GTX 570.
It seems that my card has issues with being under volted from what I have found on the internet. I used MSI after burner to bump my video cards voltage up some and it seems to have stopped. Others have told me this is a classic sign of a weak PSU. However my PSU has AMP rating of 53 and my card need 38 so Im not so sure its my PSU.
I know Bf3 does NOT like overclocking, so I might run my pc at stock speeds to see if that helps too. But one thing is for sure. You are not alone. It happens to a lot of us. It could very well be a buggy game. I mean, if it didnt before and now it is, either something on your end changed, or the update to the game is causing it.
Im starting to think its BF3 since all my other game run fine.
good luck.

I had tried so many things, it didn't seem like upping the GPU voltage had helped before - but it may have been a combination of multiple issues, so I might need to try again.

I knew about the GPU voltage typically needing to be bumped up with some cards for DX11 games, particular a system-stressing game like BF3. GPU BIOS updates were issues specifically because of BF3.
I had the voltage set to 1.050V in Afterburner (running a 950/1900/2004 clock), and that was just peachy for what, seven or eight months? Then bam, no fun for you!

I think I had tried that same voltage with reference/stock clocks (822/1645) somewhat recently and Campaign still locked up - but I think I need to try it again in MP.

Currently Afterburner is uninstalled, as I was investigating if any software/processes/drivers were conflicting and causing this issue - but I'd say I basically ruled out most software, still trying to determine if any drivers are responsible but it would be quite swell if it was fixed by a specific voltage needing raised.

I'm kind of bummed that I went through uninstalling and cleaning out all the Realtek audio drivers and going through a headache getting a good driver install for my old PCI X-Fi Fatal1ty card (sitting unused in my last build, I think that's the one still in my forum sig btw wink.gif), when it appears my specific hard-lock was NOT related to my onboard Realtek audio (which I had played with just all this while).


I have read that the recent updates to BF3 changed how some data is streamed and whatnot, so I have been curious if a specific voltage like VCCSA or VCCIO needs bumped up, especially since I am running with a SLI config. But I had been testing VCCIO at 1.15V or so, and it doesn't seem right that it would need to be any higher since I've seen many run stable at Auto, 1.05 or 1.10V.
Would 1.20V be too much? And I've read changing the VCCSA voltage isn't a good idea... am I misinformed, and does that need to be raised up?

While I don't plan to make my 2600K last for a decade, I don't want to stress it out to the point it dies in two years either. That, and I never needed to even think about touching those voltages before to remain stable, so I'm leery of raising voltages that don't seem necessary.
The Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4400MHz ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R9 290X Lightning - Crossfire Corsair XMP DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo WD 2TB HDD x2 Corsair H100i Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x ASUS PA238Q Razer BWU Stealth Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Asus Xonar U7 (USB) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4400MHz ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R9 290X Lightning - Crossfire Corsair XMP DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo WD 2TB HDD x2 Corsair H100i Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x ASUS PA238Q Razer BWU Stealth Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Asus Xonar U7 (USB) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7398 of 9343
An update:

I just played a full 1000 ticket BF3 CQ match flawlessly.

Sadly, I had to drop down to [basically] stock BIOS settings to achieve that feat.
(I didn't overvolt the GPU for this test)


This needs more investigation - I will not admit being forced to keep stock speeds just because BF3 is buggy.
"It's a better stress test than stress test apps" HA, I say. It's a good all-around stress, but something else either in my system or in the game code (possibly both) resulted in BF3 suddenly disliking my OC, when it worked great before.


To note: I did disable various things in BIOS, like onboard audio and unnecessary things like Marvel, the eSATA, BT, etc. I've had those disabled before but had to tweak the "stock" BIOS, also so my Intel RST array didn't freak out (set to RAID mode).
That, and set it to "XMP" so I could enable DDR3-1600.

1 20 minute match or so isn't good enough imho at all, the lesser settings might still be merely delaying the inevitable as opposed to fixing the issue.
But... with the BCCode 117 crashing (TDR crash/hard-lock), I still suspect it isn't ENTIRELY an OC issue - the OC might just be making a conflict somewhere stand out more readily after the BF3 update. Still likely a driver issue? A voltage issue somewhere else?

I really don't want to leave this on stock speeds. It's not a huge gain, but... the extra bit helps when running a 6060x1080 resolution. BF3 might not be the MOST CPU intensive game, but racing sims are and I can use the increased framerate for sure.



If you didn't catch it, I'm basically pleading for OC help. tongue.gif
Well, maybe... I still think the issue lays elsewhere.
The Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4400MHz ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R9 290X Lightning - Crossfire Corsair XMP DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo WD 2TB HDD x2 Corsair H100i Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x ASUS PA238Q Razer BWU Stealth Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Asus Xonar U7 (USB) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4400MHz ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R9 290X Lightning - Crossfire Corsair XMP DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo WD 2TB HDD x2 Corsair H100i Win 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x ASUS PA238Q Razer BWU Stealth Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Asus Xonar U7 (USB) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7399 of 9343
Got a question guys!

I have an Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with an i5 2500k at stock speed. And i would like to get a GTX 690. Do you think the setup would run smoothly?
I won't have PCIe 3.0 since i don't have an ivy bridge, will it be a problem with a GTX 690? I figured out i would have to overclock my 2500k soon for better performance, apparently there is a small auto overclocking feature on my motherboard no?? If yes, please guide me on how to do it xD.

If i get a GTX 690, and my current setup isn't fine, what should i upgrade too? Maybe get a Z77 motherboard?? as the chip of the GTX 690 will apparently run at a better performance on Z77 and X79 platforms.
post #7400 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by benceh View Post

Got a question guys!
I have an Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with an i5 2500k at stock speed. And i would like to get a GTX 690. Do you think the setup would run smoothly?
I won't have PCIe 3.0 since i don't have an ivy bridge, will it be a problem with a GTX 690? I figured out i would have to overclock my 2500k soon for better performance, apparently there is a small auto overclocking feature on my motherboard no?? If yes, please guide me on how to do it xD.
If i get a GTX 690, and my current setup isn't fine, what should i upgrade too? Maybe get a Z77 motherboard?? as the chip of the GTX 690 will apparently run at a better performance on Z77 and X79 platforms.
If you have the cash, Sell 2500k+P8z68 and get the Z77 version and 3570k. If not, theres not much of a reason to. The PCI-e 2.0 VS PCI-e 3.0 isnt much of a difference, so performance loss will be at a minimum. Your rig would run smooth as butter and kick all butt. I wouldnt use any auto-OC. They always use too much Voltage.
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wrecking Ball.
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus p8z68-v/gen 3 Asus 670 top 16 GB (total) G.skill ripjaws 1333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD Crucial M4 256GB ASUS 24x CD/DVD drive Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home viewsonic 27 inch 1ms response Corsair AX750 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudio
razer deathadder turtle beach x12 Sennheiser HD280 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k ASUS p8z68-vpro/gen3 Gigabyte 7950 3gb Gigabyte 7950 3gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
GSkill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz G skill Ripjaws X 8gb 2133mhz Crucial M4 512gb ssd Corsair H100i 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Auria 1440P 27" IPS Ducky OCN Cherry MX blue Silverstone 1000w NZXT switch 810 
Audio
ASUS xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>