Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 809

post #8081 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm71 View Post

Guys got a question maybe someone has experienced this before and can offer help. Every now and then while I'm typing something in a forum on a browser, Chrome or Firefox, the system will freeze for a split second and any key I typed is delayed. Interesting that the mouse still is working but can't selected anything on screen. Getting a little annoying...

Thanks.

Could literally be anything (not trying to sound rude). Start paying attention to when it happens, what programs are going when it's happening, etc. It could very easily be a software and or driver issue. Doubt something like that is motherboard related, but obviously could be any form of hardware.

That has happened to me on several installs and it ended up being a video card driver issue likely mixed with hardware acceleration. I can't stand HWA and disable it in practically everything that it's enabled it. It has always caused a lot of bugs with my 5850.
post #8082 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post

That doesn't make sense since I could do it prior to 3207 bios regardless of other options biggrin.gif Maybe it was a bug of some sort, even if I set 33, it was 34 in windows.

Lol unfortunately just because something worked that way in a previous BIOS doesn't mean it will work the same way in a new BIOS wink.gif

Here's a shot with 3602.
IIRC before 3207 there use to be an "additional turbo voltage" setting but disappeared in 3207 then came back in 3602.



If a multi above the HFM is selected (HFM = 33 for 2500k) then notice how turbo remains enabled but grayed out. IOW turbo needs to be enabled for multi's above 33.


Now enter 33 and BIOS automatically disables turbo.


The result...


If you want x33 for some reason then that is one way you should be able to do it.
post #8083 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
No problem.

Hmmm, so anything higher than 1333MHz for SB is an overclocked RAM module already? My RAM kits (2 kits of 2x2GB) are rated 1600MHz CAS7. I can run them stable at 1600MHz but at CAS9 and at Auto VCCIO and 1.5 Vdimm. Usually for 4 RAM modules, what setting do you have increase? Only CAS latency?

 

Yes anything over 1333 is beyond default. All you have to do is set optimized defaults in bios with any dimm pair or 4x dimm population for that matter to see what a SB or Ivy defaults at on a Z68 chipset. it will generally default to 1333 or in some cases 1066. This is a platform limitation as evidenced by looking at a block diagram of the z68 platform. Note in the image below pulled from the Intel site where it clearly shows the default DDR3 1333.

 

It has been confused a bit by Motherboard Mfg because they list anything over 1600 as (OC) partly due, I suspect, to the fact none of these boards have trouble running the 1600 spec but in actuality 1333 is the default and you have to make a manual adjustment or engage the XMP mode to get anything over 1333 which is overclocking the systems memory.

 

I see no good reason to run your CAS 7 memory at CAS 9 even with all four dimm slots populated unless you have a very poor proc IMC which I doubt it's that bad. In most cases I have experimented with, all that's generally required to get running all four dimm slots at the modules rated spec is a vdimm & vccio bump and in very few cases a minor Vcore bump (not likely). I'll take 1.5v rated dimms and apply 1.65vdimm (generally accepted max vdimm most mfg's) (definitely Intel max vdimm spec for SB procs). Then I'll bump vccio to between 1.1 to 1.2(max) to achieve the desired results. Other than that I use the XMP default timings by enabling XMP mode one time for the sole purpose of taking note of the default timings for a given module so I can turn around and set those timings manually in bios. Occasionally I will also have to lower the command rate from 1t to 2t to run stably which all depends on the specific pairs you are using. To error on the safe side use 2t at first setup to avoid the headache as there is very little if any performance decrease with the setting. If you follow this advice I see no reason why they could not be running at the rated speed of your modules as long as they are identical pairs & same revision number. GL and let us know how it goes.

Luxe 1
(33 items)
 
Enthoo Primo
(28 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A G7 GTX 1080Ti FE G.SKILL 32GB (4 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 Seagate Backup+ Desk SCSI Disk Device asus bc-12b1st 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm Pro Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm radiator  Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual Bay Reservoi... Phanteks PH-F140SP Case Fan 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer backplate for kryographics Pascal ... corsair sp120 high performance led tygon plasticizer free kryographics Pascal for NVIDIA TITAN X and GTX ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Mayhem Pastel White UV Monsoon center compression fittings  Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm radiator  Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ BL3200PT CAD Professional Monitor  Asus PB278Q (Extended) Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Ke... CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614L  Func MS-3 rev2 Cooler Master Speed RX Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB PCIe Gaming Sou... 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System... HyperX KHX-H3CLW Cloud Gaming Headset - White  Darkside dimable LED strips  Modsmart Kobra Cables 
Other
EVGA PowerLink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.8 MSI Z97 Gaming 7  Saphire R9 290x (hynix) Saphire R9 290x (Hynix) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x Samsung 850 Pro Raid-0  AMD RAMDisk WD1001FALS (Data/Backup) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST BlueRay Custom Water Cooled Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG278Q Corsair K70 EVGA 1000w G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
FUNC MS-3 rev2  XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad Kingston HyperX Cloud II  Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming ... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm EK Supremacy EVO Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 Radiator EK-FC R9-290X Waterblock - Nickel Acetal (Rev.2.0) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC R9-290X backplate Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ... Bitspower D5 MOD TOP (Black "S" Model) PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 1/2in. ID ... 
  hide details  
Reply
Luxe 1
(33 items)
 
Enthoo Primo
(28 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A G7 GTX 1080Ti FE G.SKILL 32GB (4 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 Seagate Backup+ Desk SCSI Disk Device asus bc-12b1st 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm Pro Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm radiator  Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual Bay Reservoi... Phanteks PH-F140SP Case Fan 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer backplate for kryographics Pascal ... corsair sp120 high performance led tygon plasticizer free kryographics Pascal for NVIDIA TITAN X and GTX ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Mayhem Pastel White UV Monsoon center compression fittings  Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm radiator  Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ BL3200PT CAD Professional Monitor  Asus PB278Q (Extended) Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Ke... CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614L  Func MS-3 rev2 Cooler Master Speed RX Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB PCIe Gaming Sou... 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System... HyperX KHX-H3CLW Cloud Gaming Headset - White  Darkside dimable LED strips  Modsmart Kobra Cables 
Other
EVGA PowerLink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.8 MSI Z97 Gaming 7  Saphire R9 290x (hynix) Saphire R9 290x (Hynix) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x Samsung 850 Pro Raid-0  AMD RAMDisk WD1001FALS (Data/Backup) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST BlueRay Custom Water Cooled Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG278Q Corsair K70 EVGA 1000w G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
FUNC MS-3 rev2  XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad Kingston HyperX Cloud II  Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming ... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm EK Supremacy EVO Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 Radiator EK-FC R9-290X Waterblock - Nickel Acetal (Rev.2.0) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC R9-290X backplate Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ... Bitspower D5 MOD TOP (Black "S" Model) PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 1/2in. ID ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8084 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm71 View Post

Had this problem for a while. May have to do a new fresh install one of these days. So annoying though.

Edit: This is on my P8Z68 Deluxe build. Not the one in my sig.

Thanks.

Ever tried those browsers without Hardware Acceleration ?
Intel Evilnow
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4ghz @ Offset -0.015 Asus P8P67 Evo (bios 3207) Sapphire 280x Tri-x 3GB OC (Stock 1020/1500 Non... G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb 1866mhz 9-10-9-28-2n @ 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SHSS37A120G WD5000AAKX-001CA0 WD20EARX WD20EZRZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD5001AALS-00L3B2 (Now External) ASUS DRW-1814BLT Noctua NH-u12p SE2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H Wobbly Stand :) Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650 (28a,28a,30a) Cooler Master haf 912 Advanced 
MouseOther
A4tech x7 F3 Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t BE 3.6/4.0 Turbo@def.volt MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 Sapphire HD6850 1GB 850/1100@def.volt Kingston 2x2gb Hyperx 1066 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Western Digital WD5001AALS Seagate Barracuda ST3250410AS Asus DRW-1814BLT Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 23.6" Wobbly Stand :D Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) Thermaltake Kandalf SuperTower 
Mouse
A4 tech Swop-3 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Evilnow
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4ghz @ Offset -0.015 Asus P8P67 Evo (bios 3207) Sapphire 280x Tri-x 3GB OC (Stock 1020/1500 Non... G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb 1866mhz 9-10-9-28-2n @ 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SHSS37A120G WD5000AAKX-001CA0 WD20EARX WD20EZRZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD5001AALS-00L3B2 (Now External) ASUS DRW-1814BLT Noctua NH-u12p SE2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H Wobbly Stand :) Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650 (28a,28a,30a) Cooler Master haf 912 Advanced 
MouseOther
A4tech x7 F3 Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t BE 3.6/4.0 Turbo@def.volt MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 Sapphire HD6850 1GB 850/1100@def.volt Kingston 2x2gb Hyperx 1066 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Western Digital WD5001AALS Seagate Barracuda ST3250410AS Asus DRW-1814BLT Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 23.6" Wobbly Stand :D Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) Thermaltake Kandalf SuperTower 
Mouse
A4 tech Swop-3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8085 of 9343

The reason for 1066/1333 being the default is that's the natively-supported DDR3 speeds for Sandy Bridge.

 

For example, see the "Memory Types" here:  http://ark.intel.com/products/52210/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

 

It says "DDR3-1066/1333".  However, not every motherboard will default faster memory than this down to either 1066 or 1333 because many motherboard are designed to default to something else like DDR3-1600.

 

Ivy Bridge's "Memory Types" says "DDR3-1333/1600".

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8086 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by owcraftsman View Post

Yes anything over 1333 is beyond default. All you have to do is set optimized defaults in bios with any dimm pair or 4x dimm population for that matter to see what a SB or Ivy defaults at on a Z68 chipset. it will generally default to 1333 or in some cases 1066. This is a platform limitation as evidenced by looking at a block diagram of the z68 platform. Note in the image below pulled from the Intel site where it clearly shows the default DDR3 1333.



It has been confused a bit by Motherboard Mfg because they list anything over 1600 as (OC) partly due, I suspect, to the fact none of these boards have trouble running the 1600 spec but in actuality 1333 is the default and you have to make a manual adjustment or engage the XMP mode to get anything over 1333 which is overclocking the systems memory.

I see no good reason to run your CAS 7 memory at CAS 9 even with all four dimm slots populated unless you have a very poor proc IMC which I doubt it's that bad. In most cases I have experimented with, all that's generally required to get running all four dimm slots at the modules rated spec is a vdimm & vccio bump and in very few cases a minor Vcore bump (not likely). I'll take 1.5v rated dimms and apply 1.65vdimm (generally accepted max vdimm most mfg's) (definitely Intel max vdimm spec for SB procs). Then I'll bump vccio to between 1.1 to 1.2(max) to achieve the desired results. Other than that I use the XMP default timings by enabling XMP mode one time for the sole purpose of taking note of the default timings for a given module so I can turn around and set those timings manually in bios. Occasionally I will also have to lower the command rate from 1t to 2t to run stably which all depends on the specific pairs you are using. To error on the safe side use 2t at first setup to avoid the headache as there is very little if any performance decrease with the setting. If you follow this advice I see no reason why they could not be running at the rated speed of your modules as long as they are identical pairs & same revision number. GL and let us know how it goes.

The weird thing is that my mobo defaults to 1600 when I set it to Optimized Defaults.

After setting to XMP, populating all 4 DIMMs would not even let me boot my computer actually. But I will try your suggestions of increasing VCCIO and VDIMM and see how it goes. And yes my kits are all the same, two kits of the same type. My bad, they are actually 1600MHz 6-8-6-24-2N modules, so CAS6 rated. Can I still run them at CAS6?

When you say bump VCCIO between 1.1 to 1.2V, should I do a stability test per increment and go with the lowest voltage I could be stable at?

These are my kits: http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3/4gbgskillddr3pc3128001600mhzripjawsxseriesforsandybridge68624dualchannelkit.html . They run at their rated spec when only 2 modules (1 kit ) is installed individually. But when you populate all 4 DIMMs, then I can't even boot at their rated spec.

Oh by the way, do you even use the Ai Tweaker\CPU Power Management tab when overclocking your CPU? Do you tinker with the CPU Ratio and Additional Turbo Voltage parameters?

EDIT: I have tried increasing VDIMM to 1.65V, VCCIO to 1.2V and set CAS settings to 6-8-6-24-2 and have problems booting the system again. When I set the CAS settings to Auto they default at 9-8-9-28-2, what seems to be the problem here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

The reason for 1066/1333 being the default is that's the natively-supported DDR3 speeds for Sandy Bridge.

For example, see the "Memory Types" here:  http://ark.intel.com/products/52210/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

It says "DDR3-1066/1333".  However, not every motherboard will default faster memory than this down to either 1066 or 1333 because many motherboard are designed to default to something else like DDR3-1600.

Ivy Bridge's "Memory Types" says "DDR3-1333/1600".

Like what I said above.
Edited by kevindd992002 - 1/14/13 at 4:33pm
post #8087 of 9343

Like I said, not every motherboard will default to the CPU's native support.  Ours happen to be designed so that they default to DDR3-1600.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8088 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


EDIT: I have tried increasing VDIMM to 1.65V, VCCIO to 1.2V and set CAS settings to 6-8-6-24-2 and have problems booting the system again. When I set the CAS settings to Auto they default at 9-8-9-28-2, what seems to be the problem here?

If you can't get it to boot with those volts then you have a problem.. sort of shot yourself in the foot with populating all 4 DIMMs for 8GB of RAM. If you need them to run at CAS9 to use them that's what you need, you're not losing much except the fact that you're not getting what you bought (obviously).
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8089 of 9343
RAM will default to 1333MHz automatically on any Sandy Bridge chip
if you have 1600MHz RAM then it has to be set that way in the BIOS, XMP or manually.
so more times then not it will default to the native support of the CPU, I say (more than not) because I guess anything is possible.
but I have yet see a mobo (with SB chip) default to anything else but 1333MHz unless you have slower RAM..

I do have an IB (i3-3220) on a H67 board and it runs 1600MHz but had to be set because I had a SB (i3-2120) in there before.
post #8090 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

If you can't get it to boot with those volts then you have a problem.. sort of shot yourself in the foot with populating all 4 DIMMs for 8GB of RAM. If you need them to run at CAS9 to use them that's what you need, you're not losing much except the fact that you're not getting what you bought (obviously).

That's weird. But they do run at their rated specs when only 1 kit (2 modules) are running. So that means there are no problems with both kits.

I was also reading that this is a common case when you populate all 4 DIMMs, you have to lower the CAS from their rated settings. I thought this was pretty known here?

Where could be the problem then? Board? I've tried two different boards already with this setup, ASUS P8Z68-V and ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3; same results for both. What am I missing here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

RAM will default to 1333MHz automatically on any Sandy Bridge chip
if you have 1600MHz RAM then it has to be set that way in the BIOS, XMP or manually.
so more times then not it will default to the native support of the CPU, I say (more than not) because I guess anything is possible.
but I have yet see a mobo (with SB chip) default to anything else but 1333MHz unless you have slower RAM..

I do have an IB (i3-3220) on a H67 board and it runs 1600MHz but had to be set because I had a SB (i3-2120) in there before.

But me and TwoCables already said that our boards run at 1600MHz default. We have an SB chip.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>