Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 850

post #8491 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


Yeah that's what I thought about the first time. He's saying that even though you are using Offset, that idle voltage (close to 1.000V) will not be used anyway since because the CPU goes to close to 0.000V when at idle which is not seen in CPU-Z. But the thing is what if you are doing a long task that requires less than 100% CPU usage (let's say 25%) wouldn't running at 16000MHz and at 1.000V be better for power savings?

 

I have EIST and C1E enabled but I never see anything other than 1600 and 4700 MHz.  I mean, I see nothing in between.  Therefore, I'd much rather have my CPU at 4700 MHz for any work the CPU has to do than 1600 MHz because it would be much faster.  This is actually very similar to what unclewebb said.

 

In a little while, I think I'll test a fixed voltage with EIST and C1E enabled but with C3 and C6 still enabled.  I'm using the High Performance Windows power plan, and so I just want to see how it behaves this way.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

And what frequency does the CPU run at C6 state?

 

In this context, "C6" is a state that any single core can enter into by itself.  So you could have 3 out of 4 cores in C6 while the one remaining core is in C0 (fully awake and active).  Now, if all 4 cores were to enter C6, then that would be a "Package C-State".  At that point, I suppose this question could be worth trying to answer.  However, even then I feel it doesn't matter because C6 is a "Deep Sleep" state.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by General121 View Post

I hate hate hate the realtek drivers on this motherboard. They constantly say "device unplugged. Device plugged in. " and it's really annoying and can window me out of bf3, etc. Really freaking annoying and bad when flying a jet

 

Are you open to trying the generic Microsoft driver?  If so, then I recommend trying that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie82 View Post


Simple : remove it from booting up with windows and your problem is gone.
Use Ccleaner or something, very easy to disable with that, or just msconfig ofcourse.
I HIGHLY doubt you will notice this when logging back into Windows...
Overclocking memory hardly makes any noticable difference IMO

 

Msconfig is not for permanent changes.  It is for diagnosing problems and then returning back to normal when the diagnosing is complete.  It's better to just look in the Registry and in Services.msc because then you're actually curing the problem instead of just hiding it.

 

The Registry keys I recommend looking at are these 3:

 

  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8492 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post


Are you open to trying the generic Microsoft driver?  If so, then I recommend trying that.

Nah, thats not needed.
Just disable these 2 :
HKLM:Run RTHDVCPL Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe -s
HKLM:Run RtHDVBg_DTS Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /FORDTSUPTBT

last one probably not needed for your issue but I would disable it anyway.
You can do it manually in regedit or by using Ccleaner as I said earlier.
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4,5GHz, 1.33v Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition @ 1130 / 1550, 1.150v 8GB Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 @ DDR3-1600, 9-9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1x Samsung 830 Series Desktop Upgrade Kit Sony Optiarc 24x DVDRW AD-7280S Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B 2x Front intake fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1x Large intake side fan 1x Back exhaust fan Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 Samsung SyncMaster 2494hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard 600 Corsair Enthusiast TX850M Corsair Carbide 500R Black Logitech G5 Laser Mouse 
AudioAudio
Realtek High Definition Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4,5GHz, 1.33v Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition @ 1130 / 1550, 1.150v 8GB Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 @ DDR3-1600, 9-9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1x Samsung 830 Series Desktop Upgrade Kit Sony Optiarc 24x DVDRW AD-7280S Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B 2x Front intake fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1x Large intake side fan 1x Back exhaust fan Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 Samsung SyncMaster 2494hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard 600 Corsair Enthusiast TX850M Corsair Carbide 500R Black Logitech G5 Laser Mouse 
AudioAudio
Realtek High Definition Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8493 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie82 View Post


Nah, thats not needed.
Just disable these 2 :
HKLM:Run RTHDVCPL Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe -s
HKLM:Run RtHDVBg_DTS Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /FORDTSUPTBT

last one probably not needed for your issue but I would disable it anyway.
You can do it manually in regedit or by using Ccleaner as I said earlier.

 

hehe you show-off.  :)

 

I mean, thank you!

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8494 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

I have EIST and C1E enabled but I never see anything other than 1600 and 4700 MHz.  I mean, I see nothing in between.  Therefore, I'd much rather have my CPU at 4700 MHz for any work the CPU has to do than 1600 MHz because it would be much faster.  This is actually very similar to what unclewebb said.

In a little while, I think I'll test a fixed voltage with EIST and C1E enabled but with C3 and C6 still enabled.  I'm using the High Performance Windows power plan, and so I just want to see how it behaves this way.



In this context, "C6" is a state that any single core can enter into by itself.  So you could have 3 out of 4 cores in C6 while the one remaining core is in C0 (fully awake and active).  Now, if all 4 cores were to enter C6, then that would be a "Package C-State".  At that point, I suppose this question could be worth trying to answer.  However, even then I feel it doesn't matter because C6 is a "Deep Sleep" state.

I bet you are using CPU-Z to monitor the CPU frequency which is why you can only see 1600MHz and 4700MHz. Use RealTemp to accurately see how the CPU frequency changes. EIST produces more granular CPU steps than C1E.

If you try disabling C1E and EIST, you would have to try this to confirm: http://www.overclock.net/t/1219588/updated-part-ii-offset-mode-overclocking-starter-guide-and-thread/180#post_19318776 . I hope you can post your insights in that thread also.
post #8495 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


I bet you are using CPU-Z to monitor the CPU frequency which is why you can only see 1600MHz and 4700MHz. Use RealTemp to accurately see how the CPU frequency changes. EIST produces more granular CPU steps than C1E.

 

Oh man, that's right I completely forgot about that.  I'm still not used to thinking of Real Temp as something I can use to monitor this!  lol  Thank you for the reminder.  Whew.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

If you try disabling C1E and EIST, you would have to try this to confirm: http://www.overclock.net/t/1219588/updated-part-ii-offset-mode-overclocking-starter-guide-and-thread/180#post_19318776 . I hope you can post your insights in that thread also.

 

I'm not really ready for that thread yet.

 

I think I'm going to try this right now, but I have one problem with unclewebb's recommendation:  in order for me to keep my Medium LLC setting and still get my required full-load voltage of 1.376V, my low-load voltage (or "idle voltage") has to be way over 1.4V.  So, that just seems to me like a bad thing to do.  Although, I think I'll try it just this once.

 

Also, I wonder if unclewebb knows that there are two places in the BIOS where EIST can be toggled.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8496 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Oh man, that's right I completely forgot about that.  I'm still not used to thinking of Real Temp as something I can use to monitor this!  lol  Thank you for the reminder.  Whew.



I'm not really ready for that thread yet.

I think I'm going to try this right now, but I have one problem with unclewebb's recommendation:  in order for me to keep my Medium LLC setting and still get my required full-load voltage of 1.376V, my low-load voltage (or "idle voltage") has to be way over 1.4V.  So, that just seems to me like a bad thing to do.  Although, I think I'll try it just this once.

Also, I wonder if unclewebb knows that there are two places in the BIOS where EIST can be toggled.

No worries wink.gif

As unclewebb suggested, even though your idle voltage is very high as reported in CPU-Z effectively it will be close to 0.000V. Or you're just not too cozy in seeing that high of a voltage even though it is not really that voltage that is implemented? lol.

I think he knows that. Try to disable one setting and you will be surprised that the 2nd setting is also disabled smile.gif At least that's what it is doing on my board. Here's my testing results on that: http://www.overclock.net/t/1219588/updated-part-ii-offset-mode-overclocking-starter-guide-and-thread/190#post_19323848
post #8497 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


No worries wink.gif

As unclewebb suggested, even though your idle voltage is very high as reported in CPU-Z effectively it will be close to 0.000V. Or you're just not too cozy in seeing that high of a voltage even though it is not really that voltage that is implemented? lol.

 

No, I'm not comfortable with my low-load voltages being way higher than my full-load voltages.  That is, my low-load voltage is way higher than my Prime95 voltage due to vDroop.  I don't like that, so I'm not keeping it unless unclewebb can prove that things aren't what they seem and are actually much safer this way or something.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


I think he knows that. Try to disable one setting and you will be surprised that the 2nd setting is also disabled smile.gif At least that's what it is doing on my board. Here's my testing results on that: http://www.overclock.net/t/1219588/updated-part-ii-offset-mode-overclocking-starter-guide-and-thread/190#post_19323848

 

Yeah, mine did it just now.  lol  I've never played with the EIST setting before - only with socket 775 back when it was necessary.

 

Anyway, I get the exact same MSR readout as you.  Although, I did not know how to interpret it, so I'm glad you did because now I know that if your interpretation is correct, then bit 16 is set for me and EIST is actually enabled even though it says Disabled in the BIOS.  lol

 

Don't you just love it when your computer lies to you?

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8498 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

No, I'm not comfortable with my low-load voltages being way higher than my full-load voltages.  That is, my low-load voltage is way higher than my Prime95 voltage due to vDroop.  I don't like that, so I'm not keeping it unless unclewebb can prove that things aren't what they seem and are actually much safer this way or something.



Yeah, mine did it just now.  lol  I've never played with the EIST setting before - only with socket 775 back when it was necessary.

Anyway, I get the exact same MSR readout as you.  Although, I did not know how to interpret it, so I'm glad you did because now I know that if your interpretation is correct, then bit 16 is set for me and EIST is actually enabled even though it says Disabled in the BIOS.  lol

Don't you just love it when your computer lies to you?

If I have time later, I might use a voltmeter to measure the actual voltage of the CPU when it is in C6 state as proof that it will be close to 0.000V. Problem is where are the vcore pinouts for my board?

Lol, ok.

The ones shown in the program are hex digits. 1 hex digit is 4 bits, 2 hex digits are 8 bits and 1 byte. So from the right most part of one row you see a hex digit of 9 which translates to 1001 in binary and they represent bit[3] to bit[0]. SET means the binary equivalent is 1.

I think the EIST issue only happens with ASUS boards.
post #8499 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


If I have time later, I might use a voltmeter to measure the actual voltage of the CPU when it is in C6 state as proof that it will be close to 0.000V. Problem is where are the vcore pinouts for my board?

 

It won't work because only individual cores will be in the C6 state.  Sometimes 3 cores are in C6 while only one is in the full C0 state.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

The ones shown in the program are hex digits. 1 hex digit is 4 bits, 2 hex digits are 8 bits and 1 byte. So from the right most part of one row you see a hex digit of 9 which translates to 1001 in binary and they represent bit[3] to bit[0]. SET means the binary equivalent is 1.

I think the EIST issue only happens with ASUS boards.

 

Oh, well isn't that special?  :)

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8500 of 9343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

It won't work because only individual cores will be in the C6 state.  Sometimes 3 cores are in C6 while only one is in the full C0 state.



Oh, well isn't that special?  smile.gif

Well, what if all cores are at c6 state? Isn't the low power draw indicated in your kill-a-watt meter even though the voltage is high indicated in cpu-z a good reason?

Yes, it is indeed special frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › >>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>