Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Stop fitting - Low/High profile
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stop fitting - Low/High profile

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hello there

I have a doubt with Bitspower stop fittings
There are low profile and high profile stop fittings, and for what i can read, the main difference is the thread length...

What's the deal with high/low profile? Looks?
Any flow problems with high profile?

The price is also the same, so don't know which ones should i get
Double "L"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 Asus Rampage Formula Sapphire 6970 Geil Evo One 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor-X Windows 7 (64 bits) Dell 30'' Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 750W Lian Li PC A-71 Logitech G700 SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
Double "L"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 Asus Rampage Formula Sapphire 6970 Geil Evo One 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor-X Windows 7 (64 bits) Dell 30'' Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 750W Lian Li PC A-71 Logitech G700 SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 6
Its mainly for looks. Not much of a difference besides the design of the stop fittings.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMonkey View Post
Its mainly for looks. Not much of a difference besides the design of the stop fittings.
Wrong!!
You'd better not have high profile stop fitting installed on the full covergraphic card water blocks!!!
The thread is so long that may stop the flow!
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewater View Post
Wrong!!
You'd better not have high profile stop fitting installed on the full covergraphic card water blocks!!!
The thread is so long that may stop the flow!
Obviously you weren't paying attention to what I said in previous post. I said there are differences in design (physical design) of the two stop fittings.
post #5 of 6
with the Bitspower G1/4 plug fittings, both the low and high profile plugs have the same thread length/height. The low profile vs regular, is just the top style. Low profile is flat with a slot across the top for a screwdriver or coin. Regular/high profile is a larger top with knurled milling around the edges (thumbscrew style), but no slot for a screwdriver or coin.

I personally prefer the low-profile ones due to the slot on top that makes it much easier to tighten them snugly for a good seal, rather than trying to tighten the regular ones by hand via the knurled edges, and specifically prefer the EK fittings and plugs over Bitspower, but it's a stop/plug fitting... you really can't screw it up no matter who makes it.


edit: and Lovewater... unless your waterblock tops are made out of super thin acrylic, or your fittings have an abnormally long thread height, you're not going to be able to block the flow though the GPU block by screwing it in too far. Anything from Bitspower is specifically designed to avoid that problem - ALL of their watercooling fittings only have about 1/4" of thread, an o-ring, and an o-ring groove milled into the collar - absolutely NO way that you'd be able to impede the flow of any waterblock with Bitspower fittings, unless your block top is 1/16" or less (which it isn't)
Edited by CrimsonMango - 5/12/11 at 1:01pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x Intel Xeon 5420 2.5 GHz @ 3.00 GHz (400x7.5) Intel D5400XS Skulltrail MSI Radeon HD4870 1GB 8GB (4x2GB) A-Data DDR2-800 FB-DIMM ECC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD VelociRaptor 150GB+2x WD Caviar Black 500GB 2x Black Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 3x Samsung SycnMaster 940BF 19" 2ms LCD's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Corsair Professional Series AX850 Lian Li PC-75B Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
19x13" Office Depot Desk Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x Intel Xeon 5420 2.5 GHz @ 3.00 GHz (400x7.5) Intel D5400XS Skulltrail MSI Radeon HD4870 1GB 8GB (4x2GB) A-Data DDR2-800 FB-DIMM ECC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD VelociRaptor 150GB+2x WD Caviar Black 500GB 2x Black Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 3x Samsung SycnMaster 940BF 19" 2ms LCD's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Corsair Professional Series AX850 Lian Li PC-75B Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
19x13" Office Depot Desk Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMango View Post
with the Bitspower G1/4 plug fittings, both the low and high profile plugs have the same thread length/height. The low profile vs regular, is just the top style. Low profile is flat with a slot across the top for a screwdriver or coin. Regular/high profile is a larger top with knurled milling around the edges (thumbscrew style), but no slot for a screwdriver or coin.

I personally prefer the low-profile ones due to the slot on top that makes it much easier to tighten them snugly for a good seal, rather than trying to tighten the regular ones by hand via the knurled edges, and specifically prefer the EK fittings and plugs over Bitspower, but it's a stop/plug fitting... you really can't screw it up no matter who makes it.


edit: and Lovewater... unless your waterblock tops are made out of super thin acrylic, or your fittings have an abnormally long thread height, you're not going to be able to block the flow though the GPU block by screwing it in too far. Anything from Bitspower is specifically designed to avoid that problem - ALL of their watercooling fittings only have about 1/4" of thread, an o-ring, and an o-ring groove milled into the collar - absolutely NO way that you'd be able to impede the flow of any waterblock with Bitspower fittings, unless your block top is 1/16" or less (which it isn't)
+REP FOR ALL!
Thanks a lot. Will go for low profiles... might get some high profile aswell just to compare
Double "L"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 Asus Rampage Formula Sapphire 6970 Geil Evo One 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor-X Windows 7 (64 bits) Dell 30'' Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 750W Lian Li PC A-71 Logitech G700 SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
Double "L"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 Asus Rampage Formula Sapphire 6970 Geil Evo One 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor-X Windows 7 (64 bits) Dell 30'' Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 750W Lian Li PC A-71 Logitech G700 SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Stop fitting - Low/High profile