Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Hows my build look?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hows my build look? - Page 2

post #11 of 22
I've personally dealt with XFX's RMA service. It was nothing but a pleasure especially after they offered to upgrade my GPU, which I had to decline.

The only thing I'd change is a beefier GPU, but that's provided your budget will allow.
Bye Bye 775
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8P67 PRO MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition  2x4gb Ripjaws@1866MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
840Pro 128 | 3xWD Vraptor | 1.5TB Green LG 6X Blu-ray /HD-DVD combo Win7 Ultimate 64bit 2 x U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair HX620 Corsair 600t Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Bye Bye 775
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8P67 PRO MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition  2x4gb Ripjaws@1866MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
840Pro 128 | 3xWD Vraptor | 1.5TB Green LG 6X Blu-ray /HD-DVD combo Win7 Ultimate 64bit 2 x U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair HX620 Corsair 600t Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
I <3 Sapphire video cards, thats who'd I'd recommend.

However, overall a very solid build. And as for looking at other power supplies, that one should work fine. Your system is going to pull far less than 650W. I personally would jump up that section of the budget for a different unit, but I haven't heard much negative concerning that PSU so its probably a great choice as well.

Congrats in advance, you'll love it I'm sure
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 22
I would go with the 650D over HAF932. Reasons:

- 650D has better cable management
- 650D would be quieter
- 650D has easily removable filters
- 650D has easily removable HDD cages
- 932 is out dated and doesn't look no where near as polished and clean as the 650D
- 932 may require more cleaning because of all the mesh
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarah View Post
Try to stay away from xfx, their support has been renown as VERY bad at the moment. http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...ent-worse.html

that being one out of many cases, try to get seasonic or corsair. The PSU is one of the things that stick to you. It's sure that for the price it's a good PSU, I just personally won't buy something if there's nothing backing it in case.
Stay away from Corsair at the moment, because their TX series is getting worse and worse http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...ed-secret.html
Go for antec, seasonic, silverstone or the Cooler Master GOLD series. By the way your system isn't going to pull more than 500W, 650 a little bit overkill?
post #15 of 22
XFX support is hit and miss, I've heard plenty of horror stories, but I've used it twice this year and it was great. (They replaced my 4870 with a 5830 because the fan started acting up.)

Edit: Even though I hadn't registered the card and I'd owned it for over a year.
Edited by Larky_the_mauler - 5/12/11 at 9:56pm
MOLLY
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 C3 Biostar TA90GX 128M XFX 5830 Kingston HyperX T1 DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung spinpoint f3 1Tb LG DVD-R IDE Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms XFX 650W I just don't know anymore... Logitec G500 
  hide details  
Reply
MOLLY
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 C3 Biostar TA90GX 128M XFX 5830 Kingston HyperX T1 DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung spinpoint f3 1Tb LG DVD-R IDE Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms XFX 650W I just don't know anymore... Logitec G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPrestonn View Post
Go away from newegg for the 212+. For cheaper you could get a scythe mugen 2 which performs better.
Great suggestion, i just need to see if it will fit with my rams heatsinks.
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
CPU cooler changed to Scythe Mugen 2
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
I would go with the 650D over HAF932. Reasons:

- 650D has better cable management
- 650D would be quieter
- 650D has easily removable filters
- 650D has easily removable HDD cages
- 932 is out dated and doesn't look no where near as polished and clean as the 650D
- 932 may require more cleaning because of all the mesh
Call me crazy, but as far as I've seen in this thread, his choice has always been the 650D.

Also, the 932 is friggin awesome, despite what you say about it, when its back is turned.
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post
Call me crazy, but as far as I've seen in this thread, his choice has always been the 650D.

Also, the 932 is friggin awesome, despite what you say about it, when its back is turned.
If you bothered to look at rivaldog's post he/she recommended the 932, which is what my post was addressing.

Also despite what you might think of the 932 what I stated are facts, 650D is better for those reasons, just because you like a case doesn't make it good mate, you need to give some reasons otherwise your nothing more than a fanboy.
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
If you bothered to look at rivaldog's post he/she recommended the 932, which is what my post was addressing.

Also despite what you might think of the 932 what I stated are facts, 650D is better for those reasons, just because you like a case doesn't make it good mate, you need to give some reasons otherwise your nothing more than a fanboy.
I never said anyone else hadn't recommended it, but the OPs only consideration has been the 650D throughout this thread, not even a mention of another case. Also, holy crap you need to relax, lol. HAF is a great line of cases, I didn't say it was the godsend or my reason for breathing. Its just a great case to work with from personal experience putting together computers.

Also, please. Start speaking with a little decency. I never spoke condecending towards you (If I bothered to look), nor did I ever question your decision making or call you a fanboy. In fact, my tone in my post seemed more playful than anything else. Seems like you need an ice cold beverage so that you may relax, my Aussie friend. It's 5:00AM and I'm at work right now and you attacked me!

You all saw it right? THAT MAN ACCOSTED ME!
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Hows my build look?