Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Ordered XFX 750w Black Edition got.. XFX 750w Pro?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ordered XFX 750w Black Edition got.. XFX 750w Pro? - Page 2

post #11 of 30
Thread Starter 

As said, it can't be that PSU, the normal pro 750w, because the unit I received is clearly semi-modular and the packaging says it's rated silver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance47 
I would contact XFX with the photos and ask them directly.....or send Phaedrus2129 a PM since he is the resident PSU guru on OCN

EDIT: Seeing as the box says "Pro 750W" on it, I doubt its the Black Edition.

Might just contact XFX, but won't receive a reply in a while I expect, while I'd like one very soon. Also I did try to send a PM to Phaedrus2129, oddly enough using almost the exact same phrasing as you ("resident PSU guru"), and I didn't get an error. However when I check my "sent messages" folder in the user panel, it says I've never sent a single message. Not sure if 0 rep/low level users like me can't send messages on OCN or if my account is bugged or what.
post #12 of 30
You sure you want to return it? I mean, it has the same internals and all...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 30
It does the same thing to me (nothing in sent box) but the messages still get sent. I think its a bug

So just wait and see what Phaedrus has to say and contact XFX and possibly the retailer you bought the PSU from as well. The longer you wait, the less likely they will be to swap it for you. So contact the retailer ASAP as well and make sure they are aware of the issue
Current Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Vertex 2 Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 10 Silverstone ST1200 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Vertex 2 Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 10 Silverstone ST1200 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance47 View Post
It does the same thing to me (nothing in sent box) but the messages still get sent. I think its a bug

So just wait and see what Phaedrus has to say and contact XFX and possibly the retailer you bought the PSU from as well. The longer you wait, the less likely they will be to swap it for you. So contact the retailer ASAP as well and make sure they are aware of the issue
You need to enable save sent messages in the CP options.

It looks like they have given you a BE in a pro box..
 
Fun inside...
(17 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2Ghz 9800GX2 (wet) 1998Mhz Shader 4.5GB mixed WD Caviar black 20GB 'SS' 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Cheap beige DVD ROM Koolance full copper GX2 block Vista 32bit LG W2486L 
PowerCase
Antec EA650 Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 P6X58D-6 [Full mosfet/Northbridge blocks) GTX480 3x 2GB Dominator 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
M4 64GB WD Green 1.5TB 2x WD CB 640GB Lite-on 22x dual layer, ASUS Blu-ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom loop Windows 7 64 bit LG W2486L Microsoft (cheapest they had) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX950 Lancool PC-K62 Microsoft X5 Akira theme 
Audio
Logitec 5.1 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA P55 2x 2GB Corsa 2133MHz 250GB DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitor
Air Vista Business 32bit 17" 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Fun inside...
(17 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2Ghz 9800GX2 (wet) 1998Mhz Shader 4.5GB mixed WD Caviar black 20GB 'SS' 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Cheap beige DVD ROM Koolance full copper GX2 block Vista 32bit LG W2486L 
PowerCase
Antec EA650 Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 P6X58D-6 [Full mosfet/Northbridge blocks) GTX480 3x 2GB Dominator 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
M4 64GB WD Green 1.5TB 2x WD CB 640GB Lite-on 22x dual layer, ASUS Blu-ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom loop Windows 7 64 bit LG W2486L Microsoft (cheapest they had) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX950 Lancool PC-K62 Microsoft X5 Akira theme 
Audio
Logitec 5.1 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA P55 2x 2GB Corsa 2133MHz 250GB DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitor
Air Vista Business 32bit 17" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
You sure you want to return it? I mean, it has the same internals and all...
If it has the same internals, then I definitely do NOT want to return it. My question here is if the PSU I received is in fact equal to the black edition that I ordered. But does the semi-modular, 80 plus silver etc mean that it has the same internals as the 750w black edition?
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drome View Post
If it has the same internals, then I definitely do NOT want to return it. My question here is if the PSU I received is in fact equal to the black edition that I ordered. But does the semi-modular, 80 plus silver etc mean that it has the same internals as the 750w black edition?
Whether it's modular or not has no bearing on the quality of its internals, but the Pro doesn't have semi-modular cabling like the Black Edition and its efficiency is around 2-3% lower. On second though, you should try to get a replacement. The internals are the same, but you're losing the semi-modular cabling.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
Whether it's modular or not has no bearing on the quality of its internals, but the Pro doesn't have semi-modular cabling like the Black Edition and its efficiency is around 2-3% lower. On second though, you should try to get a replacement. The internals are the same, but you're losing the semi-modular cabling.
I may have expressed myself poorly earlier, but to make this clear, the PSU I received does not appear to be the normal XFX pro 750w which seems to be bronze rated and not modular whatsoever. Instead it's called (as my pictures show) "XFX PRO750W XXX edition semi-modular power supply unit."

Anyhow, I think I will just build using this. Whether it's some kind of freak unit from a production error, and whether it's equal to the 750w Black Edition that I ordered or the normal, bronze-rated, non-modular 750w pro, it seems to be a quality product from what both the pro 750w review at hardwareheaven and the black edition review at jonnyguru says either way. And if it fails or behaves strangely, I should still be able to get an replacement since the "RMA laws" in my country are pretty decent (essentially electronics are expected to last for at least two years with no fault, and often way longer than that.)
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drome View Post
I may have expressed myself poorly earlier, but to make this clear, the PSU I received does not appear to be the normal XFX pro 750w which seems to be bronze rated and not modular whatsoever. Instead it's called (as my pictures show) "XFX PRO750W XXX edition semi-modular power supply unit."

Anyhow, I think I will just build using this. Whether it's some kind of freak unit from a production error, and whether it's equal to the 750w Black Edition that I ordered or the normal, bronze-rated, non-modular 750w pro, it seems to be a quality product from what both the pro 750w review at hardwareheaven and the black edition review at jonnyguru says either way. And if it fails or behaves strangely, I should still be able to get an replacement since the "RMA laws" in my country are pretty decent (essentially electronics are expected to last for at least two years with no fault, and often way longer than that.)
Wow, this is very confusing LOL. Alright, so it's semi-modular, and is 80+ Silver. That means only one thing: you've got the high-end version of the Pro which has the exact same specs as the Power Supply you ordered but is not part of their "Classic" (gamer) Series. Anyway, I'd just stay with it. I think you'll like this one better. It has the same internals as the one you were ordering but not the (IMO) gaudy look. It has the same internals and features; there's really no reason to return it unless there's something wrong with it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 30
Thread Starter 
Alright, thanks guys for helping . Reading through my motherboard manual now, gonna start the build very soon
post #20 of 30
The Pro series isn't the same as the BE series.


Honestly, I'm just as confused as you are. I can't tell you what internals it has unless you feel like opening it up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Ordered XFX 750w Black Edition got.. XFX 750w Pro?