Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products - Page 25

post #241 of 5049
You should read this as a recommendation, you can acept the recommendation or you can not acept them.
If you acept them it doesnt make it the better choice for you, just a recommendation and the person that does that recommendation cannot be blamed if you get unsatisfied.
I read through the OP and decided to give a try at ether the Titanium HD or the Essence STX, the creative is cheaper and for what it seems it does the jog right. Headphones... choosen the AD700 cause of all the positive critics, Im a sheep when it comes to sound related products, I cannot look at their stats and say this is better, this is worst. I openly took recommendations and I know that if I do not like what I get it is not OP fault but my fault for not being more experienced with the audio department before buying.
post #242 of 5049
All audio equipments are subjective.


Some like neutral headphones, others prefer fun ones. Some likes a warm, tube-like sound, others favor solid-state amps. You cannot say "M50 is best headphone ever.", or "AD700 has the best soundstage." Statistics can be proven by scientific measurement, however preference depends on what you like, what you want to hear.


Another issue that annoys me is, people (blindly) recommend headphones that they've never heard before. I mean, even if you've read one of the most descriptive review about a headphone, you cannot make final judgement whether it's good or not; whether you can recommend it or not. IIRC, Simca only own one pair of headphones(AD700) with one sound card(some Creative/ASUS card), and she creates one of the most visited threads in the Sound section. I'm not trying to discredit her(despite my previous rant), but she gives a general guideline and recommendation about headphones(and most of her headphone description are accurate). Like I said before, even if a headphone is highly recommended, it doesn't mean you will like it.
Intel Junk
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E4500 @ 2.75GHz GIGABYTE 965P-S3 PNY 8800GT 512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 1000MHz 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 750GB AALS, Hitachi 160GB laptop none Windows 7 Ulitmate 32bit 22" Acer LCD AL2216W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 350 Internet ASUS OEM 300W none Logitech RX300 
Mouse Pad
pads pads pads 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Junk
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E4500 @ 2.75GHz GIGABYTE 965P-S3 PNY 8800GT 512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 1000MHz 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 750GB AALS, Hitachi 160GB laptop none Windows 7 Ulitmate 32bit 22" Acer LCD AL2216W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 350 Internet ASUS OEM 300W none Logitech RX300 
Mouse Pad
pads pads pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #243 of 5049
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSC549 View Post

All audio equipments are subjective.

Some like neutral headphones, others prefer fun ones. Some likes a warm, tube-like sound, others favor solid-state amps. You cannot say "M50 is best headphone ever.", or "AD700 has the best soundstage." Statistics can be proven by scientific measurement, however preference depends on what you like, what you want to hear.

Another issue that annoys me is, people (blindly) recommend headphones that they've never heard before. I mean, even if you've read one of the most descriptive review about a headphone, you cannot make final judgement whether it's good or not; whether you can recommend it or not. IIRC, Simca only own one pair of headphones(AD700) with one sound card(some Creative/ASUS card), and she creates one of the most visited threads in the Sound section. I'm not trying to discredit her(despite my previous rant), but she gives a general guideline and recommendation about headphones(and most of her headphone description are accurate). Like I said before, even if a headphone is highly recommended, it doesn't mean you will like it.

Yep, this is all mostly true, except I own a few more headphones than that.

And I've tried infinitely more headphones than that.

And yes again, this is indeed a general guideline and recommendation thread. There was a reason I precisely called it the "Most Commonly Recommended Audio Products" thread rather than, "The Best Audio Products Thread."

Audio is super subjective. A lot of people don't like Grados. It's a taste for certain people. I love the 225i's, but could care less about the 325is even though the 325i is higher in the Grado list than the 225i.

This thread is meant to be a guide to help those that know very little to nothing about audio. It'll direct you and inform you on, imo, basic audio knowledge/information. It'll feed your hunger to learn more about audio and go out there and purchase headphones and try them for yourself. Or it will get you running over to head-fi and looking up reviews.

Many people will notice that throughout most of my thread, these audio products give similar advice to what Head-fi'ers would give you, but it does break off in certain sections.

The problem with head-fi though is that for every headphone and audio product there's a different person out there with something different to say about it. For every bad review, there's a good review.

Because Audio is subjective.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #244 of 5049
I completely understand that not many people can distinguish between good audio and bad audio. What I don't understand is how these same people give advice because they read it someplace. Furthermore, as it has been pointed out above, many do not even own the headphones they judge yet they become an expert?

I will give you an example of what a community preferred product is. The HD 650, one of the best cans for its sound signature is praised everywhere on OCN and headfi. Now a few days ago, a person bought a pair of HD650s because of the amazing results, reviews, and 'advice' off headfi. They did not even bother to test them. As someone said here, they accepted the recommendation. What happened? The person was shocked at the sound quality and thought he had fake ones. Everywhere he read, he saw that the HD650 are the best and this and that. He did not like the cans at all. He said they lack bass and are not to his liking. Then the backlash from the headfi community in the sense that 'this is how real music sounds like, what the HD650 have is a true bass not the trash you are used too. The HD650 are giving you the original sound, etc'. A minority, amongst them myself, explained that he does not have fake ones and this is how the HD650 sound. They do not have sub-bass and have a mid-bass. He should not have bought them as it is obvious he prefers cans with a punchy low range (D2000, Ultrasone, etc). So amongst 50 posts which do nothing than spread trash, you have a few correct ones.

Now I ask you, how can these people who say these things call themselves audio experts? How can they totally ignore the way the HD650s are tuned and totally diss the person who bought them because they prefer a totally different sound signature? You have an example of a recommendation which backfired. This shows that people who give advice are not always in the know.



Now, if Audio is subjective, why do we have to force people buy certain things because they are the community favourite? In every audio thread that is opened we have the same candidates : M50, AD700, Beyerdynamic DT770, HD595, etc. There is nothing else recommended and as soon as you point out that you have other alternatives, the angry mob jumps at you with the 'yeah but these you can mod'.
Edited by Wishmaker - 11/22/11 at 5:21am
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
post #245 of 5049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post

I completely understand that not many people can distinguish between good audio and bad audio. What I don't understand is how these same people give advice because they read it someplace. Furthermore, as it has been pointed out above, many do not even own the headphones they judge yet they become an expert?
I will give you an example of what a community preferred product is. The HD 650, one of the best cans for its sound signature is praised everywhere on OCN and headfi. Now a few days ago, a person bought a pair of HD650s because of the amazing results, reviews, and 'advice' off headfi. They did not even bother to test them. As someone said here, they accepted the recommendation. What happened? The person was shocked at the sound quality and thought he had fake ones. Everywhere he read, he saw that the HD650 are the best and this and that. He did not like the cans at all. He said they lack bass and are not to his liking. Then the backlash from the headfi community in the sense that 'this is how real music sounds like, what the HD650 have is a true bass not the trash you are used too. The HD650 are giving you the original sound, etc'. A minority, amongst them myself, explained that he does not have fake ones and this is how the HD650 sound. They do not have sub-bass and have a mid-bass. He should not have bought them as it is obvious he prefers cans with a punchy low range (D2000, Ultrasone, etc). So amongst 50 posts which do nothing than spread trash, you have a few correct ones.
Now I ask you, how can these people who say these things call themselves audio experts? How can they totally ignore the way the HD650s are tuned and totally diss the person who bought them because they prefer a totally different sound signature? You have an example of a recommendation which backfired. This shows that people who give advice are not always in the know.
Now, if Audio is subjective, why do we have to force people buy certain things because they are the community favourite? In every audio thread that is opened we have the same candidates : M50, AD700, Beyerdynamic DT770, HD595, etc. There is nothing else recommended and as soon as you point out that you have other alternatives, the angry mob jumps at you with the 'yeah but these you can mod'.

1st you talk about good and bad sound.. and then you talk about audio being subjective.
There is no good or bad sound, theres only what you hear and what you like to hear.

Also idk about ya yanks but here In my country if I dont like something I can always return it...
Prolly just me right?
post #246 of 5049
I think you're a bit misled Wishmaster. I don't at all think those are the most recommended items on OCN.

The HD650s don't have tons of bass and the person that purchased them should have known that.

The Ultrasone imo, have too much fabricated bass. It's actually abnormal, despite it being enjoyable.

So in the sense that the HD650s give a better representation to audio's bass than Ultrasones, I'm inclined to agree. Whether it's enjoyable or not to you with that amount is another question.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #247 of 5049
Hi!

Could I get a quick sanity check...

Based on this thread I am planning to pick up a Creative Titanium X-FI and the Klipsch Promedia 2.1. Will this be decent?

My primary usage is for gaming, with music as a secondary priority. I listen to all types of music (from hip-hop to classical). For headphones, I have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple-FI 10s which I love (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/ue-earphones/devices/8657) and a seinheiser HD280.

I was thinking of spending a bit more, but I'd like to get this setup today if I can. :-p I live in Atlanta, so normal chain stores, microcenter, and frys are options for me.

My max budget for sound card and speakers is $300.
Edited by RaphTheTurtle - 11/23/11 at 8:37am
post #248 of 5049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

1st you talk about good and bad sound.. and then you talk about audio being subjective.
There is no good or bad sound, theres only what you hear and what you like to hear.
Also idk about ya yanks but here In my country if I dont like something I can always return it...
Prolly just me right?


I still stand by my idea that audio is subjective and that you also have good and bad sound. My good and bad sound refers to a minimum level of quality associated with the speakers / cans you are using. For example, the external speaker on my phone has very bad sound. No matter how you twist it, it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

I think you're a bit misled Wishmaster. I don't at all think those are the most recommended items on OCN.
The HD650s don't have tons of bass and the person that purchased them should have known that.
The Ultrasone imo, have too much fabricated bass. It's actually abnormal, despite it being enjoyable.
So in the sense that the HD650s give a better representation to audio's bass than Ultrasones, I'm inclined to agree. Whether it's enjoyable or not to you with that amount is another question.


You could learn a few things from MalVeauX. His posts are not in absolute, they iterate pros/cons, and do not shove down your throat the community favourite. thumb.gif
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
post #249 of 5049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post

You could learn a few things from MalVeauX. His posts are not in absolute, they iterate pros/cons, and do not shove down your throat the community favourite. thumb.gif

I'm sorry you feel that way. If all you've come out with from this thread is that stuff is being shoved down your throat then I failed to get my point across.

I'm not the government. I don't tell you what you must buy. I merely give you a whole list of audio products to consider. You then, are supposed to take these products and further research them for the pros and cons.

I simply don't have the space to list all the pros and cons of 100 audio products. My job was to inform of you what's out there, your job is to research those options and see if it's right for you.

If you don't do your job, I see how it can seem like I'm tossing it down your throat (actually, I can't see that, but I'm being nice).
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #250 of 5049
Okay Wishmaker, lets see whatcha got.
I used to hear music from my phone with some crappy 3$ earphones, I changed to Sennheiser MX360 and I had a completely new universe inside the songs I used to listen, I can honestly say I fell in love with those phones so much that I owned 4 of them till now.
They are not the best arround, with this taken Im still using onboard sound on my computer and a 20$ headset from ozone.
The sound aint terrible but thats because I have no idea of what "good" sound is, after coming to this thread I decided to try the AD700 since after searching a while every1 advised me to get away from headsets and to buy a quality headphones.
I chosen the AD700 because it seemed for me that these were balanced for my intents, I also chose the Titanium HD because I wanted to get quality sound, and not to think that my brand new headphones sucked just because I didnt spend cash on a proper soundcard.
The max I can spend is 260£ and Ill be ordering through amazon.co.uk.

Taking in consideration im a complete newb when it comes to sound and most certainly the AD700's plus the Titanium HD will blow my mind out of water, am I doing a bad purchase? TBH I dont even know what kind of sound im into...
I understand what you say, you wish some1 with more experience and that could do recommendations custom tailored to each person would do a thread like this instead of Simca. Well probably they could do it better but you know what? They didnt. Simca atleast spent the time to create this thread, while you in all your experience did not.

If you wish that Simca thread to be more of your liking make suggestions and do not bash the person who created it, Im sure Simca will gladly acept suggestions to improve this thread.

I understand your point but I also recognise Simca effort.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products