Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products - Page 376

post #3751 of 5030
New audio stuff isn't a single purchase, it's just a stop along the way.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3752 of 5030
I'm currently using my headphones with an Asus Xonar DG.

I have an Onkyo home theater amp from this set. Would I be better off just using the receiver as a dac/amp? If so, would I want to run audio through my GPU's HDMI, or through onboard/soundcards optical out?

I'm considering a Schiit dac and amp, but was wondering if this option would be just as good.
Edited by VanillaCena - 7/4/14 at 12:28am
post #3753 of 5030
Noticed you recommendCreative Titanium HD as a great option around $80.00 but all I am finding for these is listed at $150+, am I looking at the wrong card?
post #3754 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCena View Post

I'm currently using my headphones with an Asus Xonar DG.

I have an Onkyo home theater amp from this set. Would I be better off just using the receiver as a dac/amp? If so, would I want to run audio through my GPU's HDMI, or through onboard/soundcards optical out?

I'm considering a Schiit dac and amp, but was wondering if this option would be just as good.
Why not test the receiver yourself? HDMI is mandatory if you want 7.1 sound but optical works fine for headphones.
And what headphones are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenhunter View Post

Noticed you recommendCreative Titanium HD as a great option around $80.00 but all I am finding for these is listed at $150+, am I looking at the wrong card?
The TiHD is discontinued so the prices should be as low as $80 depending on the store. But most likely too much time has passed since it was discontinued so all $80 cards are out of stock.
Edited by Tiihokatti - 7/4/14 at 1:22am
Silent Hawk
(18 items)
 
Redfenix
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,4GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1200/1450 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 3x AC F12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Glide Stream Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Asus ROG GX1000 Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm Xilence Fan Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,3GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1150/1500 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 2x AC F12 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x Spectre Pro LED 2x TY-140 Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Strider Essential 600W Bitfenix Shinobi (modded) Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK+ Xonar D1 Behringer B3031A Superlux HD-681 EVO 
AudioAudioOther
Objective2 desktop version Hifiman HE-400 Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Hawk
(18 items)
 
Redfenix
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,4GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1200/1450 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 3x AC F12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Glide Stream Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Asus ROG GX1000 Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm Xilence Fan Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,3GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1150/1500 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 2x AC F12 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x Spectre Pro LED 2x TY-140 Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Strider Essential 600W Bitfenix Shinobi (modded) Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK+ Xonar D1 Behringer B3031A Superlux HD-681 EVO 
AudioAudioOther
Objective2 desktop version Hifiman HE-400 Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3755 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiihokatti View Post

Why not test the receiver yourself? HDMI is mandatory if you want 7.1 sound but optical works fine for headphones.
And what headphones are you talking about?

JVC HA-RX700s, but I'll be purchasing another set soon.
post #3756 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiihokatti View Post

The TiHD is discontinued so the prices should be as low as $80 depending on the store. But most likely too much time has passed since it was discontinued so all $80 cards are out of stock.

OK so I will assume that we are talking about this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102033

Not this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024

If that is the case the TiHD is simply more expensive than a Xonar STX, in that case should I not just get the Xonar?

I am using the Audio Technica ATHADG1 currently with a Xonar DSX and am considering upgrading.
post #3757 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenhunter View Post

OK so I will assume that we are talking about this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102033

Not this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024

If that is the case the TiHD is simply more expensive than a Xonar STX, in that case should I not just get the Xonar?

I am using the Audio Technica ATHADG1 currently with a Xonar DSX and am considering upgrading.
Sound Blaster Z or the Xonar STX.
STX has Dolby Headphones while SBZ has SBX Surround. Demo (Click to show)

Another (recommended) option would be to wait for Audioengine D1 or Aune T1 sales to pop up in Massdrop. Or get the usual Schiit Modi+Magni stack.
Although they don't have mic inputs... Blah
Edited by Tiihokatti - 7/4/14 at 10:05am
Silent Hawk
(18 items)
 
Redfenix
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,4GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1200/1450 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 3x AC F12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Glide Stream Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Asus ROG GX1000 Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm Xilence Fan Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,3GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1150/1500 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 2x AC F12 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x Spectre Pro LED 2x TY-140 Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Strider Essential 600W Bitfenix Shinobi (modded) Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK+ Xonar D1 Behringer B3031A Superlux HD-681 EVO 
AudioAudioOther
Objective2 desktop version Hifiman HE-400 Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Hawk
(18 items)
 
Redfenix
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,4GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1200/1450 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 3x AC F12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Glide Stream Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Asus ROG GX1000 Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm Xilence Fan Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,3GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1150/1500 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 2x AC F12 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x Spectre Pro LED 2x TY-140 Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Strider Essential 600W Bitfenix Shinobi (modded) Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK+ Xonar D1 Behringer B3031A Superlux HD-681 EVO 
AudioAudioOther
Objective2 desktop version Hifiman HE-400 Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3758 of 5030
Okay, i did some research on the forums. Im mainly a gamer but love my music as well, so i want the best possible sound for a price range that is limited (wife would not be appreciative of me getting a 300$ headset even tho i want one really really bad).

So, i'm currently using a cheap pair of headset and a decent logitech 2.1 speaker setup. I'm wanting a sound card and upgrade my headset for now. Speakers upgrade will come later.

My budget for sound card is 1-100$. For the headset is 1-125$. I also heard you guys/gals can suggest a good clip on mic that would work well as well (clip on mic 1-40$ range)

I'm not an FPS player, Mainly MMORPG, RPGs, Offline play, Music, and MUSIC (techno, bass, rock)

Questions:
1. I'm currently looking into the sound blaster z for sound card but saw that it supports 5.1 really well but not so much 2.1, so was gonna ask if its worth getting for the headset purchase?

2. I'm currently looking at Skull Candy Plyr headsets and Creative Aurvana Live Headsets, would these be a good pick for sound blaster z or is there something more in my price range (i had another headset that had amazing reviews on the headset review list, but now they are OOS and selling on amazon for almost double the price)?

3. what is a good quality clip on mic (almost sounds redundant, but from your posts its not only NOT redundant, it is actually better than most)

Sorry for the long posts frown.gif figured this would be better than making own thread again
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Z87 Pro GTX 780 superclocked Crucial Ballistix 16 gb (8x2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 120g Crucial M500 240g asus 24x   Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 asus 24in LED 3d 32in LCD TV perrix px-1100 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V650 Gold haf 922 razor mmo 2014 black 
AudioOtherOtherOther
sound blaster z asus pce-ac68 Noctua fan Noctua fan 
OtherOther
creative aurvana live 2 Logitech Z523 40 Watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Z87 Pro GTX 780 superclocked Crucial Ballistix 16 gb (8x2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 120g Crucial M500 240g asus 24x   Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 asus 24in LED 3d 32in LCD TV perrix px-1100 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V650 Gold haf 922 razor mmo 2014 black 
AudioOtherOtherOther
sound blaster z asus pce-ac68 Noctua fan Noctua fan 
OtherOther
creative aurvana live 2 Logitech Z523 40 Watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3759 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbdillon View Post

Okay, i did some research on the forums. Im mainly a gamer but love my music as well, so i want the best possible sound for a price range that is limited (wife would not be appreciative of me getting a 300$ headset even tho i want one really really bad).

So, i'm currently using a cheap pair of headset and a decent logitech 2.1 speaker setup. I'm wanting a sound card and upgrade my headset for now. Speakers upgrade will come later.

My budget for sound card is 1-100$. For the headset is 1-125$. I also heard you guys/gals can suggest a good clip on mic that would work well as well (clip on mic 1-40$ range)

I'm not an FPS player, Mainly MMORPG, RPGs, Offline play, Music, and MUSIC (techno, bass, rock)

Questions:
1. I'm currently looking into the sound blaster z for sound card but saw that it supports 5.1 really well but not so much 2.1, so was gonna ask if its worth getting for the headset purchase?

2. I'm currently looking at Skull Candy Plyr headsets and Creative Aurvana Live Headsets, would these be a good pick for sound blaster z or is there something more in my price range (i had another headset that had amazing reviews on the headset review list, but now they are OOS and selling on amazon for almost double the price)?

3. what is a good quality clip on mic (almost sounds redundant, but from your posts its not only NOT redundant, it is actually better than most)

Sorry for the long posts frown.gif figured this would be better than making own thread again
MLEHGG

1. SBZ is good for gaming with headphones and speakers. I have absolutely no idea what you mean with the first question... It makes no sense.

2. Check the MLEHGG link.

3. Check the MLEHGG link (bottom part has reviews on different clip-on mics). Zalman is ok if you can position it well. I use a $2 ebay laptop mic that I have set up as a headset-mic for my DT770. Beats my Zalman clip-on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by Tiihokatti - 7/12/14 at 12:09pm
Silent Hawk
(18 items)
 
Redfenix
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,4GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1200/1450 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 3x AC F12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Glide Stream Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Asus ROG GX1000 Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm Xilence Fan Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,3GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1150/1500 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 2x AC F12 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x Spectre Pro LED 2x TY-140 Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Strider Essential 600W Bitfenix Shinobi (modded) Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK+ Xonar D1 Behringer B3031A Superlux HD-681 EVO 
AudioAudioOther
Objective2 desktop version Hifiman HE-400 Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Hawk
(18 items)
 
Redfenix
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,4GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1200/1450 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 3x AC F12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Glide Stream Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Asus ROG GX1000 Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm Xilence Fan Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,3GHz Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce @1150/1500 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 (with AC F12 push/pull) 2x AC F12 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x Spectre Pro LED 2x TY-140 Windows 7 Samsung S23A700D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Strider Essential 600W Bitfenix Shinobi (modded) Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK+ Xonar D1 Behringer B3031A Superlux HD-681 EVO 
AudioAudioOther
Objective2 desktop version Hifiman HE-400 Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3760 of 5030
How does the X-Fi Ti compare to the top tier HD version? I'm using a pair of Sennheiser 598's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products