Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [JustinTV] SWTOR Beta gameplay footage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[JustinTV] SWTOR Beta gameplay footage - Page 13

post #121 of 145
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuzu View Post
There are.. according to posts on the official forum, 2 other leaks about smuggler and sigh inquisitor starter area aswell..
I've looked around but not found any thing new like this one, anyone have any info about the other leaks?
Just looking to confirm some stuff before putting the final nail in deciding whether to buy this "new sheet for the same old bed" or not.
i'll try and find them.
post #122 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post
oh man, struck a nerve eh? sorry about that. anyways, if you want to understand why it's not charging a monthly fee(probably just trolling out of insecurity but hey) read this.

http://www.guildwars.com/events/trad...7/gcspeech.php

you may sense a need to stop reading and try to discredit this man because some of this obviously references Star Wars MMO's but please try to hold back and read it through.
I'm still trying to figure out if this guy honestly believes he's not trolling. I mean... come on.
Jane
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Zotac H55ITX-C-E Sapphire 7850 4GB Corsair XMS 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Antec 620 Windows 7 Samsung BX2331 23" LED 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone 45SF 450W Silverstone SG05 Swan M10 
  hide details  
Reply
Jane
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Zotac H55ITX-C-E Sapphire 7850 4GB Corsair XMS 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Antec 620 Windows 7 Samsung BX2331 23" LED 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone 45SF 450W Silverstone SG05 Swan M10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 145
I'm of a background of quality over quantity. SWTOR may be able to pump out raids faster, but will they be more fun. That's the real question.

EDIT:

In particular I mean, if you look at DLC's for DA and ME, most of it is pretty medoicre, some actually shoddy, exception being LotSB for ME2. Its also very short. Now, I understand its not gonna be exactly the same with expansions, but Bioware's recent record with add-on content isn't stellar IMO.
Edited by Perdition64 - 5/15/11 at 3:23pm
Perdi's machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III/PE OC 6GB Corsair XMS3 Classic 1600mhz 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F1 1TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster B2230 22" 16:09 Logitech G15 2nd rev. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850W CoolerMaster 690 II Razer Copperhead 
  hide details  
Reply
Perdi's machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III/PE OC 6GB Corsair XMS3 Classic 1600mhz 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F1 1TB Windows 7 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster B2230 22" 16:09 Logitech G15 2nd rev. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850W CoolerMaster 690 II Razer Copperhead 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 145
Thread Starter 
entertaining the rogue fanboy is just going to derail this thread.
post #125 of 145
Thread Starter 
no luck Yuzu, the only link i found doesn't work.

EDIT:

ok, after 15 minutes of refreshing(lol) it should work

http://www.justin.tv/archive/archive...t?id=285832120
Edited by FLCLimax - 5/15/11 at 3:30pm
post #126 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post
no luck Yuzu, the only link i found doesn't work.

EDIT:

ok, after 15 minutes of refreshing(lol) it should work

http://www.justin.tv/archive/archive...t?id=285832120
thanks man!
I'll start hitting that F5 button alot then haha.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4,5 GHZ 1,32v (Max) ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution ASUS Geforce 580 GTX DC II Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz 8 Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Corsair SSD Force Series 120GB Win7 x64 Ultimate BENQ XL2420T Corsair Vengeance K90 Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX 850w CM Storm Sniper Black Edition Steel Series Sensei RAW  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4,5 GHZ 1,32v (Max) ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution ASUS Geforce 580 GTX DC II Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz 8 Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Corsair SSD Force Series 120GB Win7 x64 Ultimate BENQ XL2420T Corsair Vengeance K90 Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX 850w CM Storm Sniper Black Edition Steel Series Sensei RAW  
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post
Guild Wars will be a great game. I don't dispute that. I just don't think it will realistically compete with TOR for a long period of time.
I fear you grossly underestimate the size of the GW/GW2 fanbase.

Not even taking into consideration no sub fees vs. sub fees. Pay $50 to play GW2 FOREVER.. or pay $50 + $15 per month to play TOR. Doesn't take an economist to see which game people would be most likely to play for a longer time. Couple that with ANets reputation for releasing content and supporting games for a long long time after release; as stated before they still release content and patches for GW1 nearly 7 years after release.

Anet's mantra has been "If you love MMOs you'll want to check out GW2, and if you HATE MMOs you'll REALLY want to check out GW2"

I think a lot of people that got burned out from the same repeated model 95% of MMOs live by, and that TOR will follow, will soon get tired of the next WoW + light sabres game.
Edited by Backfat - 5/15/11 at 4:30pm
Zealotry
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Pentium G3258  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition EVGA SC GTX 570 Crucial C300 128GB + 5TB Storage 
OSMonitorPowerAudio
Windows 7 Ultimate QNIX 27" IPS  Corsair 800TX Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
Zealotry
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Pentium G3258  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition EVGA SC GTX 570 Crucial C300 128GB + 5TB Storage 
OSMonitorPowerAudio
Windows 7 Ultimate QNIX 27" IPS  Corsair 800TX Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfat View Post
I fear you grossly underestimate the size of the GW/GW2 fanbase.

Not even taking into consideration no sub fees vs. sub fees. Pay $50 to play GW2 FOREVER.. or pay $50 + $15 per month to play TOR. Doesn't take an economist to see which game people would be most likely to play for a longer time. Couple that with ANets reputation for releasing content and supporting games for a long long time after release; as stated before they still release content and patches for GW1 nearly 7 years after release.

Anet's mantra has been "If you love MMOs you'll want to check out GW2, and if you HATE MMOs you'll REALLY want to check out GW2"

I think a lot of people that got burned out from the same repeated model 95% of MMOs live by, and that TOR will follow, will soon get tired of the next WoW + light sabres game.
And I think you've underestimated just how much the single player aspect of TOR is alone. It's 8 full sequels to KOTOR, and then there's the fully fledged MMO alongside it. The quality of updates for both games will probably be equal, but TOR will receive far more in both quantity and frequency. Bioware Austin is a lot better funded and has a fair amount larger development team than ANet, and content for ToR is both easier and faster to design than similar quality content than GW2 based solely on their combat mechanics.

And just saying, the further you go in TOR, the less it feels anything like WoW.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 145
Are there any ACTUAL (leaked or not) footages from GW2 to warrant such blantant fanboyism about its originality? Regarding the leveling system it just feels like a skill based rather than level based system for increasing ones power, and these live events just feel like a more polished rift/PQ system used in current mmos.

I'm not saying GW2 is not gonna be a good/great game but it seems too much faith is put into what the devs say. Afterall most, if not all devs, usually say how their game is revolutionary (i.e Rift, which in its core is a copy/paste of WAR Online even uses same game engine and models!)

Now OT. The games seem solid enough, the layout is more compact than in other mmos (i.e the mini map next to hotkeys not all over the place), and the animations are really fluent. The world also seems alive which is a good thing.

I buy almost all MMOs that are released. Dunno why, I just buy them play the 30day if i dont like it i stop (Rift i didn't even last 5 days reminded me of WAR so much!). I will be checking this out no doubt and since i enjoy story telling a lot in games (and lore) TOR looks to fit the bill nicely
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #130 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firann View Post
Are there any ACTUAL (leaked or not) footages from GW2 to warrant such blantant fanboyism about its originality? Regarding the leveling system it just feels like a skill based rather than level based system for increasing ones power, and these live events just feel like a more polished rift/PQ system used in current mmos.

I'm not saying GW2 is not gonna be a good/great game but it seems too much faith is put into what the devs say. Afterall most, if not all devs, usually say how their game is revolutionary (i.e Rift, which in its core is a copy/paste of WAR Online even uses same game engine and models!)

Now OT. The games seem solid enough, the layout is more compact than in other mmos (i.e the mini map next to hotkeys not all over the place), and the animations are really fluent. The world also seems alive which is a good thing.

I buy almost all MMOs that are released. Dunno why, I just buy them play the 30day if i dont like it i stop (Rift i didn't even last 5 days reminded me of WAR so much!). I will be checking this out no doubt and since i enjoy story telling a lot in games (and lore) TOR looks to fit the bill nicely
You have to work through a lot of the footage to confirm the developers claims. There isn't really one video that shows everything at once. I am very partial to this video:

1: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gd...-wars-2/711234
2:
A lot of stuff shown is from the demos which are specifically made to be easier than the final difficulty, so take everything with a grain of salt. The game is still changing rapidly so a lot of the little things are likely to change.

Oh yeah, make sure to watch the next part of the video.
Edited by DayoftheGreek - 5/15/11 at 5:39pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.5GHz @ 1.32V Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin 2133 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black Silver Arrow Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2211H Rosewill RK-9000BR Seasonic X750 HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis Grado HF2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.5GHz @ 1.32V Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin 2133 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black Silver Arrow Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2211H Rosewill RK-9000BR Seasonic X750 HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis Grado HF2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [JustinTV] SWTOR Beta gameplay footage