Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New build programs responding slowly and load times are very long
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New build programs responding slowly and load times are very long

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Hi there as the title states i got a new computer built for me by a friend everything was built professionally (he works for asus) anyhow ive installed windows all updates drivers etc however whenever i click applications every so often ill get "program not responding and the program stall and go all white then lag out for about 10 seconds and then the process will complete this happened right away after installing windows so it def cant be a "virus malware or anything like that" i do have to mention tho all components were sent to me via mail and bought off ebay some of which were second hand but everything was in great condition and looked new what are the possibilities that are causing these problems specs are as follows:

i5 2500k (not overclocked yet)
Asrock p67 extreme 4
4 gig ddr3 2000mhz kingston hyperx ram set at 1866 (downclocked)
gtx 570 sli referance evga 570 factory oc to 797 and gainward phantom 570 (sli is disabled) the referance card is the main card in use atm
noctua nh d-14 cooler
segate 2 tb 5400 rpm sata 3 hard drive
Edited by fedorski - 5/15/11 at 2:45am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorski View Post
Hi there as the title states i got a new computer built for me by a friend everything was built professionally (he works for asus) anyhow ive installed windows all updates drivers etc however whenever i click applications every so often ill get "program not responding and the program stall and go all white then lag out for about 10 seconds and then the process will complete this happened right away after installing windows so it def cant be a "virus malware or anything like that" i do have to mention tho all components were sent to me via mail and bought off ebay some of which were second hand but everything was in great condition and looked new what are the possibilities that are causing these problems
This happened to a friend's PC and it turned out to be defective memory (if the memory errors aren't too bad, windows tries to run anyway instead of throwing a bluescreen, causing applications to crash).

Try running memtest86 for a couple of passes to check the memory. If it's not that, the only other thing I can suggest is a dodgy HDD.
space heater
(29 items)
 
S-HVH-01
(11 items)
 
PfSense
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k 4.7GHz  Asus P8P67 Pro(B3) 2 x Club3D 280X 3GB 16GB g.skill 1600MHz C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 4 x 2TB Barracudas in RAID10 2 x WD Blue 1TB RAID0 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8 x 146GB HP 10k SAS - various RAID levels RAID Controller LSI 9260-8i 512MB LiteOn IHAS124 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
8.1 Enterprise Acer GD245HQ (120hz) LG W2420P LG IPS231P 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR24w LG 32LH3000 (w/IPS) Razer Blackwidow Antec TruePower New 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair 750D Modified original G5 Asus Xonar PCIe Sennheiser HD595 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Tannoy Mercury 5 NAD C165BEE Bowers & Wilkins 683 Cambridge Audio DACMagic+ 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 v3 (20M Cache, 2... Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 v3 (20M Cache, 2... Lenovo RD650 128GB DDR4 ECC REG 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
720ix 12Gbps SAS RAID Controller with 1GB FBWC RAID 0 - 2 x Intel S3500 120GB SSD (deduped VHD... Intel 530 120GB SSD RAID 10 - 8 x Seagate 146GB 10k SAS  
OSPowerCase
Windows Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 2 x LiteION 750W 80PLUS Platinum RD650 24x2.5" chassis 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
Intel® Xeon® Processor X5650  8GB ECC 2 x 146GB SCSI RAID1 PfSense 2.2b 
Other
Intel 4 x 1GbE 
  hide details  
Reply
space heater
(29 items)
 
S-HVH-01
(11 items)
 
PfSense
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k 4.7GHz  Asus P8P67 Pro(B3) 2 x Club3D 280X 3GB 16GB g.skill 1600MHz C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 4 x 2TB Barracudas in RAID10 2 x WD Blue 1TB RAID0 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8 x 146GB HP 10k SAS - various RAID levels RAID Controller LSI 9260-8i 512MB LiteOn IHAS124 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
8.1 Enterprise Acer GD245HQ (120hz) LG W2420P LG IPS231P 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR24w LG 32LH3000 (w/IPS) Razer Blackwidow Antec TruePower New 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair 750D Modified original G5 Asus Xonar PCIe Sennheiser HD595 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Tannoy Mercury 5 NAD C165BEE Bowers & Wilkins 683 Cambridge Audio DACMagic+ 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 v3 (20M Cache, 2... Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 v3 (20M Cache, 2... Lenovo RD650 128GB DDR4 ECC REG 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
720ix 12Gbps SAS RAID Controller with 1GB FBWC RAID 0 - 2 x Intel S3500 120GB SSD (deduped VHD... Intel 530 120GB SSD RAID 10 - 8 x Seagate 146GB 10k SAS  
OSPowerCase
Windows Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 2 x LiteION 750W 80PLUS Platinum RD650 24x2.5" chassis 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
Intel® Xeon® Processor X5650  8GB ECC 2 x 146GB SCSI RAID1 PfSense 2.2b 
Other
Intel 4 x 1GbE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxlite View Post
This happened to a friend's PC and it turned out to be defective memory (if the memory errors aren't too bad, windows tries to run anyway instead of throwing a bluescreen, causing applications to crash).

Try running memtest86 for a couple of passes to check the memory. If it's not that, the only other thing I can suggest is a dodgy HDD.
thing is games arnt running are running fine its just things like opening a msn, mozilla,opening a game folder just basic windows stuff is doing this and lagging i am running crysis 2 right now and its perfect however all windows aplications are very slow and often have the "program not responding" sign for about 10 seconds then the program works
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorski View Post
thing is games arnt running are running fine its just things like opening a msn, mozilla,opening a game folder just basic windows stuff is doing this and lagging i am running crysis 2 right now and its perfect however all windows aplications are very slow and often have the "program not responding" sign for about 10 seconds then the program works
Go to your CMD program and right-click and run the program as administrator. When you are in the screen type in sfc /scannow and wait for it to finish. This will detect any error or corruption in your Windows 7 installation. There is also a Windows performance log built into the Windows OS and also an Event Viewer log. But try SFC /SCANNOW first and see if any problems pop up.
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New build programs responding slowly and load times are very long