Originally Posted by vmatt1203;13511512
when i download asus bios update tool and try to install it i get an error and it says i didnt download the right file for my OS but im running Win 7 64 bit and i used the drop down list on the asus site to go to the win 7 64 bit version so i cant update my bios!!! plz help
If you're talking about AFUDOS flashing utility then It only works from DOS..
1. You need to create a bootable USB flash drive..
2. Then put BIOS file and flashing tool (AFUDOS.exe) onto a root of the flash drive..
3. Connect USB to your computer and reboot the system..
4. On POST press F8 and then choose to boot from USB drive..
5. Once you're in DOS then use this command: afudos /iBIOSname.rom
and press Enter. (instead of that BIOSname.rom enter whatever is name of your BIOS file stored onto USB = xxxxx.rom also it could be xxxxx.bin)
6 Wait until flash is done and when you get message: "Please Restart Computer" do it so..I also recommend you to flash BIOS only from DOS via AFUDOS program
CHEERS..Edited by KingT - 5/15/11 at 6:31am