Originally Posted by ollie007
SO i got a OCZ vertex2 60Gb
what do i use for it?
1. OS? if i use windows 7, do i take the paging file off the SSD and onto a second drive?
2. How do i set it for gaming?
3. is it true SSD aint too good with large files? so are they suitable for gaming?
1. Leave the page file on the SSD
2. Install games and Steam to a HDD. Then use SteamMover to move games, and Steam games on and off the SSD
3. SSDs are fine with large files! But so are HDDs!
But SSD show most gains in smaller files! So maybe that's what that was all about
SteamMover is in my Sig, under SSD App
"Trim" is a command that Windows 7 sends to the SSD to tell it to delete files that you have deleted!
On a HDD.When you delete a file, the OS just marks it deleted! Then data is just written over it!
But with a SSD, the data has to be deleted first. Before that part of the drive can have data written to it again! So the "trim" command!
Without Trim, once all the blocks on the SSD have been written to once. Any more writes would be slower because the drive would have to delete then write from now on!
But with "Trim" the blocks would already be clean Edited by ACHILEE5 - 5/15/11 at 1:50pm