Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 570 fps drop/freeze
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 570 fps drop/freeze - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8chalif;13543973 
could the problem be my motherboard or ram.? the think is now iam stuck with this pc
i send it back to the shop they tested it playing game and they said nothing happend
i get it back and that thing still happend,

now since they did not find anything iam stuck with it because its work perfectly for them.they wont refund because of them the pc work good,

This is a puzzling part and perhaps offer a clue to your problem.
Assuming the shop did not lie and in fact did not find any problem, the only difference between their testing and your gaming are:- your monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Of these three variables, I think there is a possibility the drivers of the mouse and keyboard have some kind of conflicts. Are you using fancy mouse and keyboard or just plain cheap USB keyboard and mouse?

If you have old fashion trusty PS/2 keyboard and mouse available, try them.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post
It's Asus GamerOSD that is causing the problem. Did the same thing to me and took forever to figure it out. For me, I was able to trigger the drops at will just by spinning the camera, and it would do it on occasion for no clear reason.

Uninstall GamerOSD from the Add/Remove Programs panel, even if you don't have it running, it makes registry changes that cripple the card. No idea why Asus has it on the disc or in the same file with Smartdoctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
This is a puzzling part and perhaps offer a clue to your problem.
Assuming the shop did not lie and in fact did not find any problem, the only difference between their testing and your gaming are:- your monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Of these three variables, I think there is a possibility the drivers of the mouse and keyboard have some kind of conflicts. Are you using fancy mouse and keyboard or just plain cheap USB keyboard and mouse?

If you have old fashion trusty PS/2 keyboard and mouse available, try them.
I am using a normal Logitech USB mouse and keyboard and using Usb headset from Steelseries,

The soundcard is directly on the headset.
Those are the only USB.
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
Okay, I understand, but I'm certain that you know the basics: The first letter of a sentence should be Capitalized. You are French Canadian, not french canadian. When you speak of yourself, say "I", not "i". Don't use numbers instead of words like "no1" instead of "no one". And don't randomly start new lines in the middle of sentences.

I'm not trying to pick on you, it's just 'the rules', you understand? You don't have to be perfect, just at least try, okay?

So, back to the problem. Did you install the OS yourself, or did it come pre-installed? Do you have the Windows disc? Is there any extra garbage software installed that they put on the PC at the shop?

If you go into the Performance tab in Task Manager, does the graph of CPU usage look normal? Are there only small occasional spikes in CPU usage when the PC is not doing anything, in other words, most of the time you're at 0-2% usage?
Yes i understand.
For the problem. Yes the CPU is running at 0-2% while PC doing nothing.
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8chalif View Post
Yes i understand.
For the problem. Yes the CPU is running at 0-2% while PC doing nothing.
Did you uninstall GamerOSD? You quoted me and didn't actually respond to me lol.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post
Did you uninstall GamerOSD? You quoted me and didn't actually respond to me lol.
LoL Sorry
I never installed GamerOSD.I installed the driver directly with the Website Nvidia, I never use the CD.

Just to be certain.I checked for the GamerOSD and did not found anything.
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
So, back to the problem. Did you install the OS yourself, or did it come pre-installed? Do you have the Windows disc? Is there any extra garbage software installed that they put on the PC at the shop?
They build the PC for me and i picked up at the store when ready.They
installed only what i needed.
I formated once. Because i thought the problem was caused by the Windows.
After a clean format and everything installed, The problem was still there.
I made sure to not installed anything (extra garbage).
post #17 of 22
So you have reinstalled the Windows then ... hmmm ...

Our list of remaining options grows short

Could you run the testing tool found here, and then attach a screenshot of the result after letting it run for about 1 minute?

Are you running ANY background/monitoring utilities at all? What are using to monitor these framerate drops, and can you tell that the drops happen even w/o the monitoring program running just by sight?

Have you tried locking your multiplier in the bios to 23x (I think that's the multi on 950 chip) instead of leaving on Auto (also turn off speedstep and such).

Are you using a soundcard, or the onboard sound? Are the proper drivers installed? Actually, if you check the Device Manager, is any of your hardware w/o a driver (red or yellow exclamation mark)?

Are you using RAID at all?

Do you know if your HD's are set to use AHCI in the BIOS, or are they in regular/legacy SATA IDE mode? Whichever it's on, try the other mode.

Have you gone through BIOS and made sure to disable all unused devices like Firewire header and such?

Have you re-seated your GPU and made sure that the power cables are firmly attached?

I'm grasping at straws a bit here, just trying to come up with things that I would check/try if it was me
Edited by brettjv - 5/17/11 at 10:58pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8chalif View Post
I am using a normal Logitech USB mouse and keyboard and using Usb headset from Steelseries,

The soundcard is directly on the headset.
Those are the only USB.
Follow what brettjv suggests.

My comments are:-
1) For the keyboard and mouse, if your Logitech mouse and keyboard are just plain regular ones, then the chance of driver conflict is small.
But if you have PS/2 keyboard and mouse, try them just to be sure.

2) And now there is this possibility of your USB Steelseries headset and its driver being the culprit.
So, try this:- disable this device and all other audio device, including any onboard Realtek and Nvidia High Definition Audio in the Device Manager. Play a few games without any audio and see if the framerate drop persists.

3) Since you have taken your PC down to the shop for testing once, perhaps you can take it again, this time together with your usual peripherals (keyboard, mouse, heatset, speakers...except the monitor). As this problem appears to be repeatable, you should be able to re-create it at the store for them to see. One main advantage of buying a PC from a store is the aftersales service/warranty. So, this method may take take an afternoon time (?) but is a worthy trial.
Edited by windfire - 5/17/11 at 11:25pm
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
So you have reinstalled the Windows then ... hmmm ...

Our list of remaining options grows short

Could you run the testing tool found here, and then attach a screenshot of the result after letting it run for about 1 minute?

Are you running ANY background/monitoring utilities at all? What are using to monitor these framerate drops, and can you tell that the drops happen even w/o the monitoring program running just by sight?

Have you tried locking your multiplier in the bios to 23x (I think that's the multi on 950 chip) instead of leaving on Auto (also turn off speedstep and such).

Are you using a soundcard, or the onboard sound? Are the proper drivers installed? Actually, if you check the Device Manager, is any of your hardware w/o a driver (red or yellow exclamation mark)?

Are you using RAID at all?

Do you know if your HD's are set to use AHCI in the BIOS, or are they in regular/legacy SATA IDE mode? Whichever it's on, try the other mode.

Have you gone through BIOS and made sure to disable all unused devices like Firewire header and such?

Have you re-seated your GPU and made sure that the power cables are firmly attached?

I'm grasping at straws a bit here, just trying to come up with things that I would check/try if it was me
There is nothing running on the Background.
I am not very good when its come to Bios. I just did a tour of my Bios and i did not find realy anything,I checked for Multiplier and Speedstep , I could not find it lol.For the AHCI either.
I checked in the Divice Manager and everything seem to be perfect.Nothing was Red or Yellow.

Thankz for all the help .I will check more into it tomorrow.Its getting late here . (2:30 am )
Edited by sk8chalif - 5/17/11 at 11:38pm
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8chalif View Post
There is nothing running on the Background.
I am not very good when its come to Bios. I just did a tour of my Bios and i did not find realy anything,I checked for Multiplier and Speedstep , I could not find it lol.For the AHCI either.
I checked in the Divice Manager and everything seem to be perfect.Nothing was Red or Yellow.

Thankz for all the help .I will check more into it tomorrow.Its getting late here . (2:30 am )
Son, I am disappoint You're on Overclock.net, and you're not familiar with where your CPU multiplier is in your Bios?

You should stick around, as OCN is where you need to be right now. Partly because it's an unwritten OCN by-law ... running a Sandy Bridge at stock is really not permitted around these parts. In fact, we pretty much require that you overclock if you're going to be here.

Not YET, of course, we need to nail down this problem first. But soon ...

In the morning, I'll look forward to the responses to the rest of my questions, and the screenie.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 570 fps drop/freeze