Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P8Z68-V Pro vs P8P67 Deluxe (pls help, need to make purchase today)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P8Z68-V Pro vs P8P67 Deluxe (pls help, need to make purchase today) - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Not had a single issue with my ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 so far... It's rock solid..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Not had a single issue with my ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 so far... It's rock solid..
How long have you had it now? Three weeks? I'm not denying it's a great board, but there are still some issues with the board (and many other P67 boards). As the post just a few back mentioned, some of these P67 boards have had 5-7 new BIOS revisions in a short span. That right there shows that there are a large number of bugs that are trying to be tweaked out. I'm happy that you got a good board, but there are many who haven't had such luck....myself included.
Bob's Your Uncle
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K MSI Z97 Krait SLI Edition Asus R9 290 DCII 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250gb and 120gb Samsung 840 Cryorig H7 Push/Pull Win7  ViewSonic VX2457-MHD + Planar 2210W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair TX650W Deepcool Dukase Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QCK Mass Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
  hide details  
Reply
Bob's Your Uncle
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K MSI Z97 Krait SLI Edition Asus R9 290 DCII 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250gb and 120gb Samsung 840 Cryorig H7 Push/Pull Win7  ViewSonic VX2457-MHD + Planar 2210W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair TX650W Deepcool Dukase Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QCK Mass Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
How long have you had it now? Three weeks? I'm not denying it's a great board, but there are still some issues with the board (and many other P67 boards). As the post just a few back mentioned, some of these P67 boards have had 5-7 new BIOS revisions in a short span. That right there shows that there are a large number of bugs that are trying to be tweaked out. I'm happy that you got a good board, but there are many who haven't had such luck....myself included.
Maybe some of these problems are contributed to the JMicron and Marvell controllers? I've had them disabled since day one.

A guy in my Club had some strange double booting problems until I suggested him to disable those two...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Maybe some of these problems are contributed to the JMicron and Marvell controllers? I've had them disabled since day one.

A guy in my Club had some strange double booting problems until I suggested him to disable those two...
See? My point exactly. You shouldn't have to disable ANYTHING to achieve harmony in your system. Now he is stuck with 4 ports. I personally plan to use at least 6-7 sata ports after my system is 100% up and running.

My hope is Z68 has had a bit more time to get the heap of features running well together. I just wish they would have tacked on a bit more PCI-e lanes, but stability and functionality are paramount.
Bob's Your Uncle
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K MSI Z97 Krait SLI Edition Asus R9 290 DCII 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250gb and 120gb Samsung 840 Cryorig H7 Push/Pull Win7  ViewSonic VX2457-MHD + Planar 2210W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair TX650W Deepcool Dukase Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QCK Mass Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
  hide details  
Reply
Bob's Your Uncle
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K MSI Z97 Krait SLI Edition Asus R9 290 DCII 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250gb and 120gb Samsung 840 Cryorig H7 Push/Pull Win7  ViewSonic VX2457-MHD + Planar 2210W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair TX650W Deepcool Dukase Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QCK Mass Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
See? My point exactly. You shouldn't have to disable ANYTHING to achieve harmony in your system. Now he is stuck with 4 ports. I personally plan to use at least 6-7 sata ports after my system is 100% up and running.

My hope is Z68 has had a bit more time to get the heap of features running well together. I just wish they would have tacked on a bit more PCI-e lanes, but stability and functionality are paramount.
I will try to enable mine to check this out. They will slow the boot, that is expected, but nothing else than that should happen.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 16
Hi,

I think I saw some of you guys on HF. I also have problems with the p8p67 namely sleep issues and usb. Ordered the P8z68 deluxe because it had one more heatsink. Other than that not sure the diference from the Pro version which I have been playing around with as I just replaced my brothers dead P8p67 pro! Thanks to Microcenter as he never rma'd his b2 for a b3 like I did so MC wont take my board back. Question is my Z68 deluxe is arriving tomorrow. Should I accept the delivery? Worth it? What do I do with my old board?

Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P8Z68-V Pro vs P8P67 Deluxe (pls help, need to make purchase today)