Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA????...gtx 580 + gtx 590
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA????...gtx 580 + gtx 590 - Page 5

post #41 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEVALL View Post

IMO i would get 2x 580,s if your looking to go big! What mobo are you using?
Asus Maximus IV Extreme R3.0 P67 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio EATX Motherboard, ironically the one recommended to me a couple of pages before haha =]


Will this mobo support SLI of these cards???

Also does anyone UK know where you can buy the 3gb version ??? im not seeing it anywhere
Edited by Cranky000 - 5/19/11 at 12:12pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 77
Thread Starter 
Im looking at some websites now..... and this is the breakdown


EVGA 1.5 gtx580= £383.50 approx €435.033401 approx $619.9661
EVGA 3gb gt580 = £485 approx € 519,90 approx $740

This looks like a very small price change for double the memory ???


Those prices are going from the european EVGA site ????

Seems silly not to buy the 3gb
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky000 View Post
Im looking at some websites now..... and this is the breakdown


EVGA 1.5 gtx580= £383.50 approx €435.033401 approx $619.9661
EVGA 3gb gt580 = £485 approx € 519,90 approx $740

This looks like a very small price change for double the memory ???


Those prices are going from the european EVGA site ????

Seems silly not to buy the 3gb
Wow, for here, the difference is USD 519.99 to 589.99, assuming you want the SC, if not, it is 499.99. So the price diff here is only 70 or 90 USD, as appose to your 120. And they both cost more. (I know, approx, but still, doesn't account for the scale) Yeah, yes it does seem silly, I bought mine right before they released the 3gb. I wouldn't have thought twice. And the difference is less here!

Still, saving 90 bucks is 90 bucks. And like I said, most people have no need for that much, so why not save a benjamin
post #44 of 77
The mobo is the best you can get and it DOES support SLI.
Edited by driftingforlife - 5/19/11 at 12:45pm
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post
The mobo is the best you can get and it DOES support SLI.
Sweeet.... If thats the best for £270 then im happy =]

Now i think thats sorted and bearing in mind that this is my first build, i was looking at pictures on lots of threads.... at SSD and i always see an SSD which i am hoping to get but there is always a regular HDD in there aswell....


I just want an SSD thats fine isnt it...... you dont have to link it to a HDD ???
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post
If you want to SLI later on you will need to get another 3gb card. as for it being EVGA, I think It will need to be becasue that card uses the REF PCB were the other cards like gainward/pailt use a coustom PCB so I don't know if you can use 2 differant PCB cards in SLI.
I may have read your statement wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you can use any brand mix match to sli together. Aside from just not being physically incapable of doing so, I believe how the circuit board was printed has nothing to do with this... So as long as they line up. (is that what you were getting at?)
Edited by Bridden - 5/19/11 at 1:07pm
post #47 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky000 View Post
Sweeet.... If thats the best for £270 then im happy =]

Now i think thats sorted and bearing in mind that this is my first build, i was looking at pictures on lots of threads.... at SSD and i always see an SSD which i am hoping to get but there is always a regular HDD in there aswell....


I just want an SSD thats fine isnt it...... you dont have to link it to a HDD ???
Don't mean to shoot you down, sorry, just read the last line... But SSDs are REALY expensive. If you want to buy... hmmm, 300 gbs, that is going to run you 500$. Best to run just your OS and special things (like often used games)

SSD isn't ness. at all. I just got mine, but it doesn't really make that much off a diff. unless you run adobe or something and need it to boot asap (or the computer to boot asap) Almost more of a braging right really.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148348

It's a decent priced 120 GB SSD. I got a 7.5 on my windows index with it ^^ (almost a perfect score all around) It is also a more reliable company as far as SSDs go. SSDs do have a high failure rate, so you do kind of need to go with a reputable company. (Maybe not high, but higher than what would please most people)
Edited by Bridden - 5/19/11 at 1:11pm
post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal777 View Post
EVGA's hydro cards come with waterblocks intended for watercooled computers. and since you are using amd chipset and processor you should get the GTX 580 since you board will not support sli
wrong, sli will work just fine with the dual gpu cards as the sli chipset stuff is built onto the card and don't need a sli board to run. now if u was to run 2 590 (quad sli) then you would need a sli board
Silent Dominator
(28 items)
 
Classy Lady
(26 items)
 
TUF Inside
(18 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Dominator
(28 items)
 
Classy Lady
(26 items)
 
TUF Inside
(18 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridden View Post
Don't mean to shoot you down, sorry, just read the last line... But SSDs are REALY expensive. If you want to buy... hmmm, 300 gbs, that is going to run you 500$. Best to run just your OS and special things (like often used games)

SSD isn't ness. at all. I just got mine, but it doesn't really make that much off a diff. unless you run adobe or something and need it to boot asap (or the computer to boot asap) Almost more of a braging right really.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148348

It's a decent priced 120 GB SSD. I got a 7.5 on my windows index with it ^^ (almost a perfect score all around) It is also a more reliable company as far as SSDs go. SSDs do have a high failure rate, so you do kind of need to go with a reputable company. (Maybe not high, but higher than what would please most people)

i was looking at this......

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/193712...edium=products
seems decent enough =] good price aswell.....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridden View Post
I may have read your statement wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you can use any brand mix match to sli together. Aside from just not being physically incapable of doing so, I believe how the circuit board was printed has nothing to do with this... So as long as they line up. (is that what you were getting at?)
Yeh thats what i was getting at mate, i found some video's showing the MSI gtx580 and a EVGA gtx580 SLI'd and it was sweet as a nut =]
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX580 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP (arctic White) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128gb, crucial m4 64GB, WD 2tb Samsung 12x Blu Ray Corsair H80 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Still undecided Razer  Corsair AX850 850w NZXT PHANTOM WHITE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Blackadder Razer Sphex Razer Megladon Gaming headset 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA????...gtx 580 + gtx 590