Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › FOV change considered a hack or not?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FOV change considered a hack or not? - Page 7

post #61 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78@pwnt4lif3 View Post
But why is everyone saying CRT monitors actually are better than LCD's? Isn't LCD higher resolution and crisper than a older monitor?
A higher end CRT like a Sony Trinitron will blow away most any LCD in picture quality. 1920x1200 at 98Hz isn't too shabby either.
SFF Goodness
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASRock z87m OC formula MSI GTX 780 GAMING 8GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR3 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme II 480 GB Seagate 2TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM x3 Das Model S Professional Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w Silverstone SG10 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Xfi Titanium HD Audioengine 5+ Velodyne Impact 12 
  hide details  
Reply
SFF Goodness
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASRock z87m OC formula MSI GTX 780 GAMING 8GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR3 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme II 480 GB Seagate 2TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM x3 Das Model S Professional Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w Silverstone SG10 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Xfi Titanium HD Audioengine 5+ Velodyne Impact 12 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 75
Thread Starter 
Really better colors? But isn't CRT's old? LCD's are more of a modern technoloy. I find it hard to believe if they have better color when you see a 1080p monitor that puts sharper colors than a CRT monitor?
post #63 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
A higher end CRT like a Sony Trinitron will blow away most any LCD in picture quality. 1920x1200 at 98Hz isn't too shabby either.
Ohhh ok!
post #64 of 75
I still use CRT's over LCD's when at all possible... and I don't game.

OP: You winning obviously means you were cheating and or hacking. Some people are sore losers which means without a question you and anyone else who beats them, is a hacker.
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 75
Nope.
post #66 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78@pwnt4lif3 View Post
Really better colors? But isn't CRT's old? LCD's are more of a modern technoloy. I find it hard to believe if they have better color when you see a 1080p monitor that puts sharper colors than a CRT monitor?
Only the GOOD ones. The tech was further than LCD in development. LCD just sold well because it "looked" modern.

The high end trinitrons are pure sex. A million times better than any of your normal sub 900 dollar LCDs, and even then these things can be a lot better for gaming than those +900 displays, or even image editing.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 75
Explain... Higher FOV-->Wider angled screen for user-->Advantage user vs non FOV change?
 
Alienware 13
(10 items)
 
Alienware Alpha
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k @4.0Ghz MSI Z87 G65 EVGA 980Ti Classified+EVGA 660SC PhysX G.Skill Trident X 16GB @2400Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair 480GB+1TB WD Black Corsair H100 W10 Pro|Start10 U2713HM+U22 LED+ACz1 Mount 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RealForce 87U 55g  Corsair HX1050 Corsair 650D Razer DeathAdder+Firefly 
Audio
STX+SP2500, Asgard 2+HD650 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6500U nVidia GTX 960m OC Samsung 16GB 1.35v M.2 850 EVO 500GB+1TB WD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
W10|Start 10 IPS 4k, Touch Alienware FX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 4785T @3.2Ghz 8MB nVidia 860m OC vBIOS mod HyperX Impact 16GB DDR3 256GB Samsung SSD+1TB HDD 
OSAudio
W10|Start 10 DragonFly v1.2 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Alienware 13
(10 items)
 
Alienware Alpha
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k @4.0Ghz MSI Z87 G65 EVGA 980Ti Classified+EVGA 660SC PhysX G.Skill Trident X 16GB @2400Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair 480GB+1TB WD Black Corsair H100 W10 Pro|Start10 U2713HM+U22 LED+ACz1 Mount 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RealForce 87U 55g  Corsair HX1050 Corsair 650D Razer DeathAdder+Firefly 
Audio
STX+SP2500, Asgard 2+HD650 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6500U nVidia GTX 960m OC Samsung 16GB 1.35v M.2 850 EVO 500GB+1TB WD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
W10|Start 10 IPS 4k, Touch Alienware FX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 4785T @3.2Ghz 8MB nVidia 860m OC vBIOS mod HyperX Impact 16GB DDR3 256GB Samsung SSD+1TB HDD 
OSAudio
W10|Start 10 DragonFly v1.2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
Only the GOOD ones. The tech was further than LCD in development. LCD just sold well because it "looked" modern.

The high end trinitrons are pure sex. A million times better than any of your normal sub 900 dollar LCDs, and even then these things can be a lot better for gaming than those +900 displays, or even image editing.
no lcds sold well because they are far more practicle for the average user, 99% of all screens will not be used by a twitch gamer requiring 120hz or by image proccessing professionals requireing the most perfect colour, they are mostly used by normal people checking thier emails and typing in bloody office, For those people an lcd makes far more sense they take up less space, less power and are readily available.

The top end IPS screens are better now for editing than even the top end crts were, or are at teh very least that all the proffession graphics people i know now use IPS, But they dont get the refresh rate that some people desire.

I have an old trin in storage somewhere, which I used to use but it didnt come with me to uni for practicallity reasons and I was "stuck" with an lcd and sure it annoyed me a bit to start with but im pretty glad i weened myself off it, I dont really notice ghosting and my ips screens are way worse than tn panels for it. I think some peoiple are far more affected by it than others.

End of the day 120hz tn screens are cheap readily available and practicle, are there 2 models of CRT that are better for gaming, yes but sugesting everyone should get them is like trying to get everyone to buy IBM model M's because they are the best keyboard ever made, its not practical and for most people its not even true Hell I suspect 90% of people would not notice the difference between 60hz and 120hz.
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Gigabyte P67 UD5 r7970 BEDD Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256gb EK HF supreme full copper Win 7 Ultimate 120hz 1920x1080 23" LG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky ocn edition 1000w Corsair hx Corsair 800D G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries I-2 AKG K702 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Gigabyte P67 UD5 r7970 BEDD Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256gb EK HF supreme full copper Win 7 Ultimate 120hz 1920x1080 23" LG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky ocn edition 1000w Corsair hx Corsair 800D G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries I-2 AKG K702 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 75
How do I find the FOV settings for Crysis 2?
My system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 2600K 4.0 GHz 1.216V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 1536MB 900/1800/2004 1.05 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500 GB 7200RPM 32 Mbit Samsung I think. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit BenQ 27" LCD M2700HD (1920 x 1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tgt BenQ Standard PS/2 Corsair HX850W (80+ Silver Certified) Cooler Master HAF 932 Cyborg R.A.T. 3 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 2600K 4.0 GHz 1.216V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 1536MB 900/1800/2004 1.05 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500 GB 7200RPM 32 Mbit Samsung I think. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit BenQ 27" LCD M2700HD (1920 x 1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tgt BenQ Standard PS/2 Corsair HX850W (80+ Silver Certified) Cooler Master HAF 932 Cyborg R.A.T. 3 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr216 View Post
no lcds sold well because they are far more practicle for the average user, 99% of all screens will not be used by a twitch gamer requiring 120hz or by image proccessing professionals requireing the most perfect colour, they are mostly used by normal people checking thier emails and typing in bloody office, For those people an lcd makes far more sense they take up less space, less power and are readily available.

The top end IPS screens are better now for editing than even the top end crts were, or are at teh very least that all the proffession graphics people i know now use IPS, But they dont get the refresh rate that some people desire.

I have an old trin in storage somewhere, which I used to use but it didnt come with me to uni for practicallity reasons and I was "stuck" with an lcd and sure it annoyed me a bit to start with but im pretty glad i weened myself off it, I dont really notice ghosting and my ips screens are way worse than tn panels for it. I think some peoiple are far more affected by it than others.

End of the day 120hz tn screens are cheap readily available and practicle, are there 2 models of CRT that are better for gaming, yes but sugesting everyone should get them is like trying to get everyone to buy IBM model M's because they are the best keyboard ever made, its not practical and for most people its not even true Hell I suspect 90% of people would not notice the difference between 60hz and 120hz.
Mostly true yes.

inb4 I ask what's wrong with recommending model Ms for everyone.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › FOV change considered a hack or not?