Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club - Page 1216

post #12151 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

One thing you should look at, is motherboard warping, like mentioned earlier. See here illustrated:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1023100/official-gigabyte-ga-990fxa-series-owners-thread-club/5090#post_19872718

Another case with Gigabyte board i remember in the forum, was someone with GIgabyte 78LMT USB3 that could barely stay at stock clock, while previously he could overclock a bit. It turned ouf that he had one burnt mosfet, which was revealed after removing the thermal pad. Just saying, these are possibilities that have happened before in the forum.
Welcome aboard!

http://www.overclock.net/t/1318995/official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club/62380

Yeah, I guess I'm just frustrated with the Giga line of boards. If it ain't one thing wrong it's another. Then they go from one revision to another fixing absolutely nothing and just creating other problems on top of what you already have.

Well the board is brand new and hasn't been run much at all. It was faulty right out of the box. Started over heating within the first 5 minutes of run time. Mind you, it's not the processor over heating at all................it's the vrms both on the front of the board and the back. You can feel the heat just pouring off of this thing when it's running. According to HWinfo64 they were climbing to 100°C and above within a few seconds of stress testing with IBT or Prime95 or Aida64. I have looked at it very carefully and don't see any obvious signs of warping but I haven't taken the heat sink off of it just yet. I didn't want to void the warranty but seeing as how the warranty is useless with them I will have to see if I can repair this myself.

I am going to take the board apart today and see if I can't find something wrong that the damned Giga support guys didn't. Maybe there is something wrong under the heat sink or worse maybe there is physical damage to the board.

Thank you very much for the response, I know I am not alone in this which is why I came straight here with this. So many of you with the same gripes and I was looking for tips and solutions and to share my experience with you as well. Not a good one. mad.gif
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12152 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by zila View Post

Yeah, I guess I'm just frustrated with the Giga line of boards. If it ain't one thing wrong it's another. Then they go from one revision to another fixing absolutely nothing and just creating other problems on top of what you already have.

Well the board is brand new and hasn't been run much at all. It was faulty right out of the box. Started over heating within the first 5 minutes of run time. Mind you, it's not the processor over heating at all................it's the vrms both on the front of the board and the back. You can feel the heat just pouring off of this thing when it's running. According to HWinfo64 they were climbing to 100°C and above within a few seconds of stress testing with IBT or Prime95 or Aida64. I have looked at it very carefully and don't see any obvious signs of warping but I haven't taken the heat sink off of it just yet. I didn't want to void the warranty but seeing as how the warranty is useless with them I will have to see if I can repair this myself.

I am going to take the board apart today and see if I can't find something wrong that the damned Giga support guys didn't. Maybe there is something wrong under the heat sink or worse maybe there is physical damage to the board.

Thank you very much for the response, I know I am not alone in this which is why I came straight here with this. So many of you with the same gripes and I was looking for tips and solutions and to share my experience with you as well. Not a good one. mad.gif

You have my deepest solidarity. Unfortunately, i can't think of something else. Mine, the only good thing it has, is that it runs cool. I 've even overclocked stable to 4.5Ghz once, out of curiocity. So, i don't understand why you have so many troubles at stock. If you remove the thermal pad, be aware that you will have to replace it. You may use thermal paste temporarily, but it's better to put new thermal pad again.
Main
(16 items)
 
Dedicated Encoder
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4Ghz Gigabyte 970 UD3P rev2.1 Gainward GTX 750Ti Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial BX100 250GB Western Digital Green 2TB LiteOn Blu-Ray Burner IHBS 112-2 LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS 22" VS228HR Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 430W Sharkoon VG4-V Logitech M90 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8300 Asrock 970 Extreme3 HIS 6570 Silence Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6S 128GB Toshiba 2TB SATAIII LiteOn Blu Ray burner IHBS 112-2 Xigmatek Balder 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung S22B350H Microsoft Wired 600 Corsair VS350 
CaseMouseAudio
Lepa LPC 306 Logitech M90 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(16 items)
 
Dedicated Encoder
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4Ghz Gigabyte 970 UD3P rev2.1 Gainward GTX 750Ti Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial BX100 250GB Western Digital Green 2TB LiteOn Blu-Ray Burner IHBS 112-2 LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS 22" VS228HR Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 430W Sharkoon VG4-V Logitech M90 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8300 Asrock 970 Extreme3 HIS 6570 Silence Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6S 128GB Toshiba 2TB SATAIII LiteOn Blu Ray burner IHBS 112-2 Xigmatek Balder 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung S22B350H Microsoft Wired 600 Corsair VS350 
CaseMouseAudio
Lepa LPC 306 Logitech M90 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12153 of 12377
I have purchased some high quality thermal pads and paste just for this very reason. I'm hoping that maybe the over heating is due to a poor install and the factory thermal pad is insulating the vrm instead of allowing the heat to dissipate.

We shall see what happens after I perform surgery on this board. wink.gif
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12154 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by zila View Post

Question: does anyone here have the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5 board? If so, are you experiencing a badly overheating unstable mother board? I just got this thing back from Giga after a so called "RMA" and they claim there is nothing wrong with the board after testing but this thing is crap.

I'm gonna take it apart myself and see if there is something that I can do to try and get this thing to cool down. It won't run an FX-9590, FX-8350 at stock. Over heats terribly. So I installed my 1090T in it and still it overheats horrible and it throttles...........................at stock!! If I can't get her straightened out I'll have to toss it cause it's useless. Brand new board and it's crap.

Has anyone found a solution to the over heating problem? Or are these boards just doomed?

Every one of there boards has one problem or another that if I can't find a way to mod it or find a work around they don't work as they should out of the box. Last Giga board I will ever buy. I'm done.

I am sorry to inform you that Gigabyte boards are crap these days... If you have the chance, go back to your retail store and ask for refund or an Asus board for the same price. you have the right to get the product you pay for and this clearly isn't.

Unfortunately you are one of the victims of Gigabyte's incompetence.. I bought mine back a few weeks a go and got myself an Sabertooth R3.0 and the Difference is literally day and night. I really hope for you that your retail store is willing to help you man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zila View Post

Question: does anyone here have the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5 board? If so, are you experiencing a badly overheating unstable mother board? I just got this thing back from Giga after a so called "RMA" and they claim there is nothing wrong with the board after testing but this thing is crap.

I'm gonna take it apart myself and see if there is something that I can do to try and get this thing to cool down. It won't run an FX-9590, FX-8350 at stock. Over heats terribly. So I installed my 1090T in it and still it overheats horrible and it throttles...........................at stock!! If I can't get her straightened out I'll have to toss it cause it's useless. Brand new board and it's crap.

Has anyone found a solution to the over heating problem? Or are these boards just doomed?

Every one of there boards has one problem or another that if I can't find a way to mod it or find a work around they don't work as they should out of the box. Last Giga board I will ever buy. I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

One thing you should look at, is motherboard warping, like mentioned earlier. See here illustrated:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1023100/official-gigabyte-ga-990fxa-series-owners-thread-club/5090#post_19872718

Another case with Gigabyte board i remember in the forum, was someone with GIgabyte 78LMT USB3 that could barely stay at stock clock, while previously he could overclock a bit. It turned ouf that he had one burnt mosfet, which was revealed after removing the thermal pad. Just saying, these are possibilities that have happened before in the forum.
Welcome aboard!

http://www.overclock.net/t/1318995/official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club/62380

Wauw, yet again we arrive at the aftermath of Gigabyte's incompetence.. i really think we should file a complaint against this company.. I am in contact with Gigabyte rep in the Netherlands, i will contact him about this because this is simply unacceptable. Maybe he can do something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zila View Post

Question: does anyone here have the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5 board? If so, are you experiencing a badly overheating unstable mother board? I just got this thing back from Giga after a so called "RMA" and they claim there is nothing wrong with the board after testing but this thing is crap.

I'm gonna take it apart myself and see if there is something that I can do to try and get this thing to cool down. It won't run an FX-9590, FX-8350 at stock. Over heats terribly. So I installed my 1090T in it and still it overheats horrible and it throttles...........................at stock!! If I can't get her straightened out I'll have to toss it cause it's useless. Brand new board and it's crap.

Has anyone found a solution to the over heating problem? Or are these boards just doomed?

Every one of there boards has one problem or another that if I can't find a way to mod it or find a work around they don't work as they should out of the box. Last Giga board I will ever buy. I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onurbulbul View Post

The seller only has Gigabyte 990Fxa UD 5. Do you think has that mobo better oc capability?

I am very sorry man but the only way for you to enjoy your system again is to get a different board.. Gigabyte are all the same now, they use the same useless UEFI BIOS and have the same vrm hardware.. You can ask for your money back because the product you bought is simply not functioning correctly and you have the right for an product you pay for. I mean, you bought it with in mind that it could handle your CPU but it simply can't so in that case they have to give you your money back or give you replacement board which is similar or better.

Good luck.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12155 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post


Wauw, yet again we arrive at the aftermath of Gigabyte's incompetence.. i really think we should file a complaint against this company.. I am in contact with Gigabyte rep in the Netherlands, i will contact him about this because this is simply unacceptable. Maybe he can do something.

Ok. Tell him things really simple: "You need to fire your BIOS programming team, hire ASAP new programmers, and release a new bios for ALL your motherboards". Simple as that.
Main
(16 items)
 
Dedicated Encoder
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4Ghz Gigabyte 970 UD3P rev2.1 Gainward GTX 750Ti Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial BX100 250GB Western Digital Green 2TB LiteOn Blu-Ray Burner IHBS 112-2 LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS 22" VS228HR Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 430W Sharkoon VG4-V Logitech M90 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8300 Asrock 970 Extreme3 HIS 6570 Silence Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6S 128GB Toshiba 2TB SATAIII LiteOn Blu Ray burner IHBS 112-2 Xigmatek Balder 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung S22B350H Microsoft Wired 600 Corsair VS350 
CaseMouseAudio
Lepa LPC 306 Logitech M90 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(16 items)
 
Dedicated Encoder
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4Ghz Gigabyte 970 UD3P rev2.1 Gainward GTX 750Ti Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial BX100 250GB Western Digital Green 2TB LiteOn Blu-Ray Burner IHBS 112-2 LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS 22" VS228HR Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 430W Sharkoon VG4-V Logitech M90 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8300 Asrock 970 Extreme3 HIS 6570 Silence Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6S 128GB Toshiba 2TB SATAIII LiteOn Blu Ray burner IHBS 112-2 Xigmatek Balder 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung S22B350H Microsoft Wired 600 Corsair VS350 
CaseMouseAudio
Lepa LPC 306 Logitech M90 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12156 of 12377
What about this one SABERTOOTH 990FXR2.0?
post #12157 of 12377
ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z This one is too expensive.
post #12158 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by onurbulbul View Post

What about this one SABERTOOTH 990FXR2.0?

The R3.0 was released recently, but even the R2.0 is better than any GIgabyte.
Main
(16 items)
 
Dedicated Encoder
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4Ghz Gigabyte 970 UD3P rev2.1 Gainward GTX 750Ti Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial BX100 250GB Western Digital Green 2TB LiteOn Blu-Ray Burner IHBS 112-2 LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS 22" VS228HR Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 430W Sharkoon VG4-V Logitech M90 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8300 Asrock 970 Extreme3 HIS 6570 Silence Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6S 128GB Toshiba 2TB SATAIII LiteOn Blu Ray burner IHBS 112-2 Xigmatek Balder 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung S22B350H Microsoft Wired 600 Corsair VS350 
CaseMouseAudio
Lepa LPC 306 Logitech M90 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(16 items)
 
Dedicated Encoder
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4Ghz Gigabyte 970 UD3P rev2.1 Gainward GTX 750Ti Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial BX100 250GB Western Digital Green 2TB LiteOn Blu-Ray Burner IHBS 112-2 LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS 22" VS228HR Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 430W Sharkoon VG4-V Logitech M90 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8300 Asrock 970 Extreme3 HIS 6570 Silence Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M6S 128GB Toshiba 2TB SATAIII LiteOn Blu Ray burner IHBS 112-2 Xigmatek Balder 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung S22B350H Microsoft Wired 600 Corsair VS350 
CaseMouseAudio
Lepa LPC 306 Logitech M90 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12159 of 12377
I have the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0.......awesome board. I also have the Crosshair V Formula-Z.........top of the line best of the best. I will also get the new Sabertooth R3.0 eventually. So I know what a good 990 board is all about. wink.gif
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
Zila
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8300 SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6... G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME Internal SSD Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD Corsair H80i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming... Cooler Master Octane EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12160 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

Ok. Tell him things really simple: "You need to fire your BIOS programming team, hire ASAP new programmers, and release a new bios for ALL your motherboards". Simple as that.

O believe me i will.. i don't think you are able to read it as its in Dutch but i try to translate for you when i emailed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

Ok. Tell him things really simple: "You need to fire your BIOS programming team, hire ASAP new programmers, and release a new bios for ALL your motherboards". Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onurbulbul View Post

What about this one SABERTOOTH 990FXR2.0?

I had that board. Its awesome for overclocking. The R3.0 is an beefed up version of the R2.0 and IMO if you do not have M.2 i see no reason why you want to spend the extra money for the R3.0 so i would go with the R2.0 if i were you.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club