Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club - Page 292

post #2911 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

Have you made any attempts to unlock without the HT Link dropped to 1600? In my experience changing the HT link just mess's things up.
I would try it with stock HT link, 1.450v on the CPU, 1.35v on the CPU/NB and bump the CPU/NB up to 2400-2600 to start.
Are you letting the mobo auto select your memory timeings? If so manually set in all voltage's and timing info for your RAM.

I will add that you have a thuban based chip there and most HT information is in regards to Denub based procs.

With thuban / zosma you can actually GAIN stability with HT clock increase, and most definitely a NB clock increase.

I personally (as stated not to far back in this thread) have gained stability and more clock / voltage headroom by doing just that (increasing HT clock 1:1 with NB).

Also take into account that you are unlocking cores that AMD has deemed "unworthy". You may not be able to get away with the amount of voltage a normal x6 would and will more than likley need a bit more. (say around 1.475 - 1.5) Just keep that in mind.

EDIT:

Just scrolled back to see that you are using a 555BE... as this information I have provided is a bit off at this point. However, I would still suggest following kahotic's help.

Might I suggest you take a bit of time and fill out your sig rig components... It will help future volunteers aid in your situations. wink.gif
Edited by MadGoat - 3/21/12 at 4:32pm
FX'd
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Amd FX 8350 GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 EVGA GTX 660 SC EVGA GTX 660 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung 30nm Corsair Performance Pro OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 EVO 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-on DVD/CD Swiftech H220 Win 10 + Start 10 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair HX1050 SilverStone RV02 MS SideWinder 
Mouse PadAudio
MIONIX Propus 380 Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
FX'd
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Amd FX 8350 GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 EVGA GTX 660 SC EVGA GTX 660 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung 30nm Corsair Performance Pro OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 EVO 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-on DVD/CD Swiftech H220 Win 10 + Start 10 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair HX1050 SilverStone RV02 MS SideWinder 
Mouse PadAudio
MIONIX Propus 380 Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2912 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

Have you made any attempts to unlock without the HT Link dropped to 1600? In my experience changing the HT link just mess's things up.
I would try it with stock HT link, 1.450v on the CPU, 1.35v on the CPU/NB and bump the CPU/NB up to 2400-2600 to start.
Are you letting the mobo auto select your memory timeings? If so manually set in all voltage's and timing info for your RAM.

I did this but can't stay less than 10 seconds with AMD Overdrive stability test

So i got some pics for you to see if that's right:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9572/p210312200501.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9233/p2103122005.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1871/p210312200402.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7199/p210312200401.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8937/p2103122004.jpg
post #2913 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post

I will add that you have a thuban based chip there and most HT information is in regards to Denub based procs.
With thuban / zosma you can actually GAIN stability with HT clock increase, and most definitely a NB clock increase.
I personally (as stated not to far back in this thread) have gained stability and more clock / voltage headroom by doing just that (increasing HT clock 1:1 with NB).
Also take into account that you are unlocking cores that AMD has deemed "unworthy". You may not be able to get away with the amount of voltage a normal x6 would and will more than likley need a bit more. (say around 1.475 - 1.5) Just keep that in mind.
EDIT:
Just scrolled back to see that you are using a 555BE... as this information I have provided is a bit off at this point. However, I would still suggest following kahotic's help.
Might I suggest you take a bit of time and fill out your sig rig components... It will help future volunteers aid in your situations. wink.gif

Thanks for your help, i really though that he wouldn't help me so much =]

Edit:

I did my rig and though that the rest is not that important
Edited by LucaoIn - 3/21/12 at 4:40pm
post #2914 of 12377

What are temps and voltage like when its running? Anything like vdroop going on? Also how are temps? I would also like too add that this mobo might not unlock your cpu even if it unlocks on a different mobo. The mobo itself also plays a part in unlock sucsess rate. So keep that in mind too. When i get home i will look at the pics you posted.
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2915 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

What are temps and voltage like when its running? Anything like vdroop going on? Also how are temps? I would also like too add that this mobo might not unlock your cpu even if it unlocks on a different mobo. The mobo itself also plays a part in unlock sucsess rate. So keep that in mind too. When i get home i will look at the pics you posted.

The temperature in Idle is 55º on full load not pass than 63º.

I will wait you, yeah i keep that in mind because i've seen a lot of histories that this mobo is not so sucessful in core unlocking, but i've seen some histories telling that have unlock the cores with no problem.
post #2916 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaoIn View Post

The temperature in Idle is 55º on full load not pass than 63º.
I will wait you, yeah i keep that in mind because i've seen a lot of histories that this mobo is not so sucessful in core unlocking, but i've seen some histories telling that have unlock the cores with no problem.

ok, I checked out your pic's. All I can offer at this point is random settings to try frown.gif Seems your board dose not like unlocking this CPU. If anything hit's me I'll post. I hope another member can be of more assistance than I am:(
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2917 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaoIn View Post

The temperature in Idle is 55º on full load not pass than 63º.
I will wait you, yeah i keep that in mind because i've seen a lot of histories that this mobo is not so sucessful in core unlocking, but i've seen some histories telling that have unlock the cores with no problem.

You will loose a LOT of stability over 50ºc... I would look further into getting your idle temps below 50ºc (closer to 45ºc without cool 'n quiet and c1e would be better).

The "unlocked" cores will by their nature tend to run hotter. Set a load temp goal of around 55ºc ~ 57ºc


I would first start with increasing your cooling capability...
FX'd
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Amd FX 8350 GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 EVGA GTX 660 SC EVGA GTX 660 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung 30nm Corsair Performance Pro OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 EVO 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-on DVD/CD Swiftech H220 Win 10 + Start 10 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair HX1050 SilverStone RV02 MS SideWinder 
Mouse PadAudio
MIONIX Propus 380 Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
FX'd
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Amd FX 8350 GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 EVGA GTX 660 SC EVGA GTX 660 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung 30nm Corsair Performance Pro OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 EVO 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-on DVD/CD Swiftech H220 Win 10 + Start 10 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair HX1050 SilverStone RV02 MS SideWinder 
Mouse PadAudio
MIONIX Propus 380 Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2918 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post

You will loose a LOT of stability over 50ºc... I would look further into getting your idle temps below 50ºc (closer to 45ºc without cool 'n quiet and c1e would be better).
The "unlocked" cores will by their nature tend to run hotter. Set a load temp goal of around 55ºc ~ 57ºc
I would first start with increasing your cooling capability...

Did not know the 555 reacted to temps the same as the 955+ chips when overclocking even though it has a higher thermal limit. If his thermals are to blame you might be able to check out how good of a TIM spread you have, might be able to drop a few C by perfecting it?
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2919 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

Did not know the 555 reacted to temps the same as the 955+ chips when overclocking even though it has a higher thermal limit. If his thermals are to blame you might be able to check out how good of a TIM spread you have, might be able to drop a few C by perfecting it?

The 555 is a 955 with 2 cores disabled, why would it not be the same?
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2920 of 12377
yeah, I have a x3 440 that reacts very much in the same manner as my 940 and my 1100t...

Although I will admit I had it up to 68c on the stock cooler (@ stock speeds) once and it acted like it had no problem... Any of the other chips would have told me to pound sand...

But when it came to OC'ing the little guy, anything over 55c and it hated life... (much like its bigger, younger brothers) rolleyes.gif
FX'd
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Amd FX 8350 GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 EVGA GTX 660 SC EVGA GTX 660 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung 30nm Corsair Performance Pro OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 EVO 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-on DVD/CD Swiftech H220 Win 10 + Start 10 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair HX1050 SilverStone RV02 MS SideWinder 
Mouse PadAudio
MIONIX Propus 380 Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
FX'd
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Amd FX 8350 GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 EVGA GTX 660 SC EVGA GTX 660 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung 30nm Corsair Performance Pro OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 EVO 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-on DVD/CD Swiftech H220 Win 10 + Start 10 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair HX1050 SilverStone RV02 MS SideWinder 
Mouse PadAudio
MIONIX Propus 380 Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club