Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club - Page 300

post #2991 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

See if the flash changed your SATA mode from ACHI to IDE, or vice-versa. I bet that's what's wrong.
A bios flash should fix it. But a BD cpu may not be able to be used TO flash it, depending on the age of the bios.

Well I have the latest stable BIOS, but it is looking as though I will need the F6k. Once I have that it "will" be supported. Glad I can invest in a decent processor now.

Capture.png
post #2992 of 12377
Yes most places sell the rev 1.1 which has the FX support so you can slap the processor in right out of the box got mine from newegg.com 3 weeks ago:thumb:
post #2993 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

See if the flash changed your SATA mode from ACHI to IDE, or vice-versa. I bet that's what's wrong.
A bios flash should fix it. But a BD cpu may not be able to be used TO flash it, depending on the age of the bios.

Thanks for the reply KyadCK but that was one of the first things I checked. I'm not sure what caused the problem but I was able to straighten it out with the help of the guys on the OCZ forum. Basically, I had to disconnect all my other drives except for the PCI-E RevoX2 and then run the Win7 repair console from a USB stick. I guess the automatic repair routine gets confused when there are a bunch of other drives around or just doesn't play well with PCI-E based drives.

Actually, this is the second time it happened to me while flashing the BIOS. The first time it was an easy fix. All I had to do was reflash the old BIOS and change the boot order of the hard drives. No dice this time though. Seems like nothing is simple when you have an oddball SSD like I do.tongue.gif

WW
WinExp 7.5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 GA-990FXA-UD7 XFX 6950 GSkill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
OCZ REVOx2 160 Corsair HD100 Win 7 64 and Ubuntu 11.10 64 Ubuntu 11.10 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 2253 BW Microsoft Natural Ergo Corsair HX 850 Lian-Li PC-70B 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble On-Board, Altec-Lansing speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
WinExp 7.5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 GA-990FXA-UD7 XFX 6950 GSkill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
OCZ REVOx2 160 Corsair HD100 Win 7 64 and Ubuntu 11.10 64 Ubuntu 11.10 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 2253 BW Microsoft Natural Ergo Corsair HX 850 Lian-Li PC-70B 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble On-Board, Altec-Lansing speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2994 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Wally View Post

Thanks for the reply KyadCK but that was one of the first things I checked. I'm not sure what caused the problem but I was able to straighten it out with the help of the guys on the OCZ forum. Basically, I had to disconnect all my other drives except for the PCI-E RevoX2 and then run the Win7 repair console from a USB stick. I guess the automatic repair routine gets confused when there are a bunch of other drives around or just doesn't play well with PCI-E based drives.
Actually, this is the second time it happened to me while flashing the BIOS. The first time it was an easy fix. All I had to do was reflash the old BIOS and change the boot order of the hard drives. No dice this time though. Seems like nothing is simple when you have an oddball SSD like I do.tongue.gif
WW

Well at least you got it fixed, but that's a nasty work around.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2995 of 12377
I am having an issue with having 2 NVIDIA graphics cards installed (for the purpose of running a third display), there is no SLI, nor any possibility of such due to the two cards being of differing series. The cards I have installed are, a NVIDIA GTX460SE and an NVIDIA 7200/7300GS - which are located in PCIE16_1 and PCIE4_2 respectively.

My issue is that when I restart (from an otherwise perfectly stable system), the BIOS posts fine but the computer stops and my monitors all power-off, right when the login screen would normally show. The 'starting windows' screen displays fine and performing a cold-boot is my current remedy.

Would there be any advice from overclock.net GA-990FXA-users? Should I move the cards to different PCIE slots? Does anyone else have any similar problems?

Many thanks


EDIT: Accidentally some grammar
post #2996 of 12377
Has anyone else had issues with core unlocking on the 990FX UD3?

I am a noob when it comes to the AMD side of things and figured core unlocking would be a simple affair but no luck. One thing I did notice is this board has massive vdroop, even with LLC enabled (High, Ultra or Extreme) on bios F6K.

Maybe try a different stable bios?
post #2997 of 12377
I have had no problem. I have unlocked a 555 and a 960t. The 555 dual core unlocked though would not run stable on this board where as it did on my 770 ud3. The 960t is unlocked to 6 cores and running at 3.8xx ghz with 16 gb of ram at 1600 speed with timings of 9 9 9 27 36
post #2998 of 12377
Quote:
Has anyone else had issues with core unlocking on the 990FX UD3?

I am a noob when it comes to the AMD side of things and figured core unlocking would be a simple affair but no luck. One thing I did notice is this board has massive vdroop, even with LLC enabled (High, Ultra or Extreme) on bios F6K.

Maybe try a different stable bios?
I have the same problem.
Quote:
I have had no problem. I have unlocked a 555 and a 960t. The 555 dual core unlocked though would not run stable on this board where as it did on my 770 ud3. The 960t is unlocked to 6 cores and running at 3.8xx ghz with 16 gb of ram at 1600 speed with timings of 9 9 9 27 36
what bios are using?
post #2999 of 12377
I had a 555 and it only ever showed 2 cores. Then I sold it a guy who managed to unlock it on his motherboard which I believe was an Asus
Cubiquitous
(19 items)
 
 
Foldy
(14 items)
 
Reply
Cubiquitous
(19 items)
 
 
Foldy
(14 items)
 
Reply
post #3000 of 12377
Hi guys, advice please, any of you aware of your GA-990FXA and a high pitched noise from the PSU when watching movies or on some web pages that contain videos etc? My 3 month old Gigabyte GA890 had it (until it blew a fan header) but only when I overclocked the CPU voltage somewhat, the higher the voltage the louder the noise, I swapped for a sabertooth but the the noise is much worse, more than I can live with, ive tried another PSU and its still there, removing the video card makes no differance its 100% a PSU noise somehow related to the motherboard, so if none of you guys appear to be having issues from yours I'm going to order the GA-990FXA-UD5.
would love to hear from anybody who ether has or hasn't experienced the noise.
Thanks in advance
Ben
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club