Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club - Page 42

post #411 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNiaL View Post
Just had a BSOD with UD3 board. It´s been running fine for 2 weeks now.
Here´s a dump
http://www.2shared.com/file/xDRkiZ-X...-23727-01.html

Latest bios, latest win updates, latest drivers from gigabyte.

If someone could identify the problem I would be really happy!

Edit: Is it normal for the NB freq to higher itself? I set it to 10x which should be the standard 2000MHz.


Could this be causing the BSOD? set down my Corsair XSM3 to 1333MHz that might help?
Does it pass IBT, Prime95, Memtest or others?
If this http://www.corsair.com/memory/xms-cl...m2a2000c9.html
or this http://www.corsair.com/memory/xms-cl...m2a1600c9.html is your kit
it says it should be run at 1.65v do you have it set to auto in the bios?
Edited by v3dgames - 7/2/11 at 12:59pm
ASUS-PC
(10 items)
 
1090T-Server
(13 items)
 
MSI FX420-050US
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k ASUS P8Z68-V XFX Black Edition - AMD Radeon HD 6850 Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
x2 1TB Drive - x2 500GB Drive - x1 OCZ 60GB SSD SATA DVD Drive Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 64bit 
PowerCase
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Antec Three Hundred 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz - 1.35v, CPU-NB @ 2400MHz - 1.2v Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Geforce 8300GS 256MB Corsair 16GB @ 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
500GB WD black, 160GB WD blue Sata DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 630W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2410M Intel HM65 6470M 1GB GDDR3 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB | 7200RPM DVD Super Multi Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 14" 1366x768 
Power
90W 
  hide details  
Reply
ASUS-PC
(10 items)
 
1090T-Server
(13 items)
 
MSI FX420-050US
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k ASUS P8Z68-V XFX Black Edition - AMD Radeon HD 6850 Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
x2 1TB Drive - x2 500GB Drive - x1 OCZ 60GB SSD SATA DVD Drive Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 64bit 
PowerCase
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Antec Three Hundred 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz - 1.35v, CPU-NB @ 2400MHz - 1.2v Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Geforce 8300GS 256MB Corsair 16GB @ 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
500GB WD black, 160GB WD blue Sata DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 630W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2410M Intel HM65 6470M 1GB GDDR3 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB | 7200RPM DVD Super Multi Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 14" 1366x768 
Power
90W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #412 of 12377
UEFI doesn't mean GUI at all. So its not a misnomer.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #413 of 12377
UD3 waiting in box here also..

Anyone running this mobo with scythe mugen 2b or noctua nh-d14(does it fits ok)?
post #414 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockedUnicorn View Post
UD3 waiting in box here also..

Anyone running this mobo with scythe mugen 2b or noctua nh-d14(does it fits ok)?
Both will work fine. Edit: Both might clear tall RAM though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150P GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 Dual 5870s G. Skill 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force3 120GB, 1.5TB, 250GB, 80GB DVD-RW+Fan controller {Windows 7 x64} {ASUS} 23" 1080P LED + Dual Samsung 19" 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Logitech keyboard Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 Silver Xigmatek Elysium w/ window, 15 fans Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Xigmatek 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150P GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 Dual 5870s G. Skill 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force3 120GB, 1.5TB, 250GB, 80GB DVD-RW+Fan controller {Windows 7 x64} {ASUS} 23" 1080P LED + Dual Samsung 19" 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Logitech keyboard Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 Silver Xigmatek Elysium w/ window, 15 fans Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Xigmatek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #415 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
UEFI doesn't mean GUI at all. So its not a misnomer.
What??? UEFI is not a BIOS so calling it "UEFI BIOS" is wrong.
post #416 of 12377
i am sorry but doesn't UEFI just mean its a link between OS and the BIOS? It doesn't imply a GUI BIOS at any time. By definition gigabyte's Hybrid UEFI is just that a way for users in windows to operate their BIOS.

It says no where in there that you have to have a GUI BIOS to incorporate UEFI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified...ware_Interface
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #417 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post
i am sorry but doesn't UEFI just mean its a link between OS and the BIOS? It doesn't imply a GUI BIOS at any time. By definition gigabyte's Hybrid UEFI is just that a way for users in windows to operate their BIOS.

It says no where in there that you have to have a GUI BIOS to incorporate UEFI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified...ware_Interface
So we agree that UEFI is not BIOS but you say I'm wrong calling "UEFI BIOS" a misnomer? I'm so confused.
post #418 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3dgames View Post
Does it pass IBT, Prime95, Memtest or others?
If this http://www.corsair.com/memory/xms-cl...m2a2000c9.html
or this http://www.corsair.com/memory/xms-cl...m2a1600c9.html is your kit
it says it should be run at 1.65v do you have it set to auto in the bios?
Memtest shows no errors. Going to try Prime95 now.
Yes I have the 1600MHz version. It´s on auto in the bios should I set it to 1,65v?
But why does the bus speed higher it self? It´s on 200 in the bios. When I look at CPU-Z it moves between 201-202, which means my memory speed goes above 1600MHz. But they should make that?

Edit: Running prime95 now, how long should I run it? Also set the memory voltage to 1,65.
Edited by VaNiaL - 7/3/11 at 12:06am
post #419 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNiaL View Post
Memtest shows no errors. Going to try Prime95 now.
Yes I have the 1600MHz version. It´s on auto in the bios should I set it to 1,65v?
But why does the bus speed higher it self? It´s on 200 in the bios. When I look at CPU-Z it moves between 201-202, which means my memory speed goes above 1600MHz. But they should make that?

Edit: Running prime95 now, how long should I run it? Also set the memory voltage to 1,65.
1.Yes you should run it at it's rated/tested voltage to be safe

2.It's at 200 in my bios but cpu-z shows a solid 200.9 some motherboards will
go over the set value by a little and some might go little under.
If you have everything at stock 202 should not effect anything to the point it becomes unstable.

If you want it to be right at 200 you could set it to 199 or 198 in the bios and see what cpu-z shows but again it should not be causing any problems the way it is.

By the way you might want to read this about the AMD IMC and running ram @ 1600MHz
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.p...ic,2515.0.html
Edited by v3dgames - 7/3/11 at 12:36am
ASUS-PC
(10 items)
 
1090T-Server
(13 items)
 
MSI FX420-050US
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k ASUS P8Z68-V XFX Black Edition - AMD Radeon HD 6850 Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
x2 1TB Drive - x2 500GB Drive - x1 OCZ 60GB SSD SATA DVD Drive Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 64bit 
PowerCase
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Antec Three Hundred 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz - 1.35v, CPU-NB @ 2400MHz - 1.2v Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Geforce 8300GS 256MB Corsair 16GB @ 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
500GB WD black, 160GB WD blue Sata DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 630W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2410M Intel HM65 6470M 1GB GDDR3 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB | 7200RPM DVD Super Multi Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 14" 1366x768 
Power
90W 
  hide details  
Reply
ASUS-PC
(10 items)
 
1090T-Server
(13 items)
 
MSI FX420-050US
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k ASUS P8Z68-V XFX Black Edition - AMD Radeon HD 6850 Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
x2 1TB Drive - x2 500GB Drive - x1 OCZ 60GB SSD SATA DVD Drive Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 64bit 
PowerCase
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Antec Three Hundred 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz - 1.35v, CPU-NB @ 2400MHz - 1.2v Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Geforce 8300GS 256MB Corsair 16GB @ 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
500GB WD black, 160GB WD blue Sata DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 630W 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2410M Intel HM65 6470M 1GB GDDR3 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB | 7200RPM DVD Super Multi Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 14" 1366x768 
Power
90W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #420 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3dgames View Post
1.Yes you should run it at it's rated/tested voltage to be safe

2.It's at 200 in my bios but cpu-z shows a solid 200.9 some motherboards will
go over the set value by a little and some might go little under.
If you have everything at stock 202 should not effect anything to the point it becomes unstable.

If you want it to be right at 200 you could set it to 199 or 198 in the bios and see what cpu-z shows but again it should not be causing any problems the way it is.

By the way you might want to read this about the AMD IMC and running ram @ 1600MHz
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.p...ic,2515.0.html
Interesting reading. I might just set it at 1333 and wait for Bulldozer. If I run into a bsod again I will post here again.
Thanks for the help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club