Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club - Page 472

post #4711 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

LLC = Load Line Calibration or Load Line Control. It is a series of six settings from auto, low, medium, high, Ultra, and Extreme. It limits and or eliminates Vdroop ( the drop in voltage when load is applied)
generally boards with LLC are more stable when overclocked and allows for a lower vcore setting as you do not have to add additional voltage to compensate for the drop in voltage by running at a higher
vcore at idle or low load situations.

Here is an example of the effects of with LLC or no LLC. This is from a review AI did on the subject. The board is the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Rev1.0 vs Rev 1.1

UD7 Rev 1.1 LLC set to Ultra


UD7 Rev 1.0 No LLC


Here is an illustration of much of a difference LLC can make. note the voltage needed to achieve 4.6GHz without LLC, and how much lower voltage is needed to achieve 4.8GHz with LLC.




Hope that helped smile.gif

and do i have it(LLC)? my mobo is FXA-UD5 rev1.1
post #4712 of 12377
Yes.
post #4713 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

Yes.
thanks smile.gif
post #4714 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

Hi itomic,
That depends on how much vdroop you are experiencing and how you want the vcore to behave when load is applied. each of the (in this case six) settings has a different characteristic. For example a medium setting on the UD7 will allow for a small drop in voltage when load is applied whereas a high setting will hold the line.
This setting for example is the 'Ultra High' setting and actually bumps the Vcore a small amount when load is applied, and then hold it there.

UD7 Rev 1.1 LLC set to Ultra


Best to experiment with the setting and how they behave with the CPU being used and set the one with the characteristic that works the best for what you are trying to accomplish.

I wrote a review comparing two Gigabyte UD7 boards, One with LLC and one without if you're interested.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/gigabyte_990fxaud7/

Aha very interesting

Can u also explain why my board is jumping? i mean i overclocked my fx 6200 to 4.6 ghz but the voltage is jumping around but that is ok i guess but the HT link and bus speed is jumping too

It did not do this before and i changed the LLC to extreme in the bios i set it to 4.6 but it is jumping between 4.599 to 4.600 before it was stable at 4.6 so i don't understand what is wrong.

They said ram voltage control but i don't have such thing on my mobo LOL so can't change it.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4715 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

Hi itomic,
That depends on how much vdroop you are experiencing and how you want the vcore to behave when load is applied. each of the (in this case six) settings has a different characteristic. For example a medium setting on the UD7 will allow for a small drop in voltage when load is applied whereas a high setting will hold the line.
This setting for example is the 'Ultra High' setting and actually bumps the Vcore a small amount when load is applied, and then hold it there.

UD7 Rev 1.1 LLC set to Ultra


Best to experiment with the setting and how they behave with the CPU being used and set the one with the characteristic that works the best for what you are trying to accomplish.

I wrote a review comparing two Gigabyte UD7 boards, One with LLC and one without if you're interested.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/gigabyte_990fxaud7/

Aha very interesting

Can u also explain why my board is jumping? i mean i overclocked my fx 6200 to 4.6 ghz but the voltage is jumping around but that is ok i guess but the HT link and bus speed is jumping too

It did not do this before and i changed the LLC to extreme in the bios i set it to 4.6 but it is jumping between 4.599 to 4.600 before it was stable at 4.6 so i don't understand what is wrong.

They said ram voltage control but i don't have such thing on my mobo LOL so can't change it.

You mean that say CPU-z is showing the frequency moving between 4599MHz and 4600MHz? Thats is nothing, the frequency of the cpu will move about a few MHz and that is normal.
Mine for example will move around from 5199 to 5203. nothing to be concerned about.
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4716 of 12377
aha oke,

the FSB and HT link is changing as well and i never seen this before so i was asking why and how and what.

but it seems that i don't have to be concerned about it smile.gif

I must say the board is pretty darn solid tho.

Here another question: should i let the HT link stock or is it better to set it to like 2400? but when i do windows does not boot and i have to do an start up recovery it says.

so my question is: is that gain a lot of speed because some people says yes and other no also are there some tips orso to gain some speed in this boards?
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4717 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

aha oke,

the FSB and HT link is changing as well and i never seen this before so i was asking why and how and what.

but it seems that i don't have to be concerned about it smile.gif

I must say the board is pretty darn solid tho.

Here another question: should i let the HT link stock or is it better to set it to like 2400? but when i do windows does not boot and i have to do an start up recovery it says.

so my question is: is that gain a lot of speed because some people says yes and other no also are there some tips orso to gain some speed in this boards?

Unless you are benchmarking , running multiple GPU's, etc. You won't see a tangible difference. but you could try adding between 05-.10v to see if it stabilizes it at 2400 if you want.
BTW, I always recommend a small (80mm) spot fan on the VRM/NB heatsink on the UD3. There are a lotof folks speaking of stability issues and very high NB/VRM temps when pushing high OC's on the UD3
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
2.2 kW Holodeck
(14 items)
 
Chernobyl
(0 items)
Power Station
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 5.2GHz Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 4 x MSI R 290X 4GB Gaming 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate 1 TB 7200 2 x Asus Optiarc Koolance 370 CPU WB/ AlphaCool Water cooling: ... Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1x3+1 Eyefiniy 5760x1080 Gigabyte 8100K V.2 1-AX1200w + 2x FSP x500w Coolermaster Cosmos II Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4718 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1776 View Post

Unless you are benchmarking , running multiple GPU's, etc. You won't see a tangible difference. but you could try adding between 05-.10v to see if it stabilizes it at 2400 if you want.
BTW, I always recommend a small (80mm) spot fan on the VRM/NB heatsink on the UD3. There are a lotof folks speaking of stability issues and very high NB/VRM temps when pushing high OC's on the UD3


okay, and how can i see the NB temperatures?

I am very pleased by the board and it is realy stable but i am really concerned about the HT and bus speed drops because it did not do this before.

i will go look for an heatsink for the NB if i can find it.

Thnx for your advice smile.gif
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G502 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4719 of 12377
TMPIN0 = Sytem (Motherboard) Temp
TMPIN1 = CPU Temp
TMPIN2 = Northbridge Temp

Its on the front page of this club, good luck.
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4720 of 12377
Looking at o/clocking my CPU but haven't had much luck as I'm new to oc is any1 able to help me out if I gue u all the details etc?.
Elk's
(18 items)
 
Elk's
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Nanya Technology  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  OZC SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Thermaltake FRIO OCK cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER 24" HD LCD Logitech Divo Edge Seasonic M12II 620W Thermaltake Chaser MK1 Full tower 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MxAir Razor Goliathus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Nanya Technology  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  OZC SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Thermaltake FRIO OCK cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER 24" HD LCD Logitech Divo Edge Seasonic M12II 620W Thermaltake Chaser MK1 Full tower 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MxAir Razor Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Elk's
(18 items)
 
Elk's
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Nanya Technology  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  OZC SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Thermaltake FRIO OCK cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER 24" HD LCD Logitech Divo Edge Seasonic M12II 620W Thermaltake Chaser MK1 Full tower 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MxAir Razor Goliathus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Nanya Technology  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  Nanya Technology  OZC SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Thermaltake FRIO OCK cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER 24" HD LCD Logitech Divo Edge Seasonic M12II 620W Thermaltake Chaser MK1 Full tower 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MxAir Razor Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club