Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club - Page 477

post #4761 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudfark View Post

On the temp2 thingy? I believe everybody here has reported accurately their temps and experiences observed.
I have much respect for Khaotic, Ultra and Oz.

I went from a 955 to an 8350 on this same board. I get high temps with the 8350 on temp2, 65C under Prime and
drop a core after about 5 minutes. Never had that issue with the 955.
I have an Antec spot fan on the vrms and no help there, no change.

It is truly mystifying to me, what temp2 is with the 8350. I can't say for sure why? I don't think it's a MB problem,
I think it relates to the Vishera series CPU's. My observations with the 8350 do correlate with Oz's.

Khaotic, if you could toss an 8350 on that board, I'd be all ears as to your experience and your observed results.

Apologies, if I have stirred the pot to much.

From what I can tell the CPU is the cause of the TMPIN02 issue's, If I had reason to waste money on a BD chip I would love to test it, but my 955 does its job perfectly so I won't be buying one any time soon, I may however find some one locally that might let me borrow their's for a day or two. I'll look into to it, as I am curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRuleZ View Post

I thought it was very common knowledge that FX CPU's show retarded low temps when they are at idle. It's been very well documented and is the way most people determine which reading is their CPU. I guess that means you don't know quite as much as you think huh?

Squelch away, if you are going to ban people for sharing their experience with this board then it's not a group worth being associated with. I'll be perfectly fine in my own wink.gif



Edit
3 different programs, all showing the same exact temp as TMPIN2 as the CPU temps. I hardly doubt the CPU itself changes what the TMPIN2 value is. Maybe your board isn't reporting the correct temp either Khaotic.


Please, Tell me what I claim to know about the FX chip's? Don't put word's in my mouth to make me look bad just because you cannot explain issue's with your motherboard with anything solid. I have NEVER claimed to know much about the FX Chips.. You must have me confused with some one else, I do however know a great deal about these motherboards, Hence my posting in this club.

I'm not squelching for opinion's, its more like trolling at this point. Gigabyte has ruled on the NB temp's, and what TMPIN02 relate too yet people still argue they they are wrong. Fine, Prove it! You have all failed to do so. Hence why this info regarding the TMPIN's output is one the front page of the club. If someone could post some proof, I'll gladly bow in light of this new discovery. So yea, anyone who want's to troll the matter anymore will be squelched.. Last thing this site need's is more tolling as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post

This ^^

Temp changed when I went from my 1100t to the 8350...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordox View Post

mine did also when i went from a athlon 2 640 to a fx8150.

I think's we might be on to something. I know the Mobo's are picky about what temp program's read proper. I have used 3 UD3's so far and each needed to use a different program to monitor temps, all the other program's would read wonky or absurd temps.. Shame that all 3 builds were phenom II's and not FX's.. If FX's didn't suck so bad I would buy one just to fiddle with and learn about but its simply not worth it at all at this point.. I won't build one for someone, I recommend going Intel at those price points. I'll see about borrowing a FX chip.
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4762 of 12377
Well, whats there to prove ? Its common sense that if TMPIN2 shows 45C, and im touching NB heatsink and geting almost burned after second or two !! I know for sure that at 45C sensation isnt HOT as hell !! So what and why rest of us need to prove u ?
post #4763 of 12377


thats my proof.
allmost every supported software, like gigabytes touchbios and easytune, as well as AMD's overdrive gives exactly the same values for their cpu temp as ohwmonitor does on his tmpin3.

i find it hard to believe that all those programs have it right and because 1 person (as MOD on a gigabyte forum, which doesn't make him an 'expert') says its diffrent everyone believes it.

But: i am starting to think that with the bulldozer/vishersa architectures, the temp sensors might have changed? Because all this stuff pointed before with my Athlon to the tmpin2.

So i believe it is because there are diffrent cpu's. I hope you see why I am confused, just as everyone else.
just settle this for once and for all...
Nocturnal Madness
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Powercolor HD7870 PCS+ Corsair Vengeance 1866 c9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m4 samsung 830 none EK supremacy nickel-plexi - 280 60mm rad - D5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits ASUS VE258Q Logitech Y-SW45 Coolermaster silent pro M850 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G3 kenwood amplifier creative Recon3D Fatality professional 
  hide details  
Reply
Nocturnal Madness
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Powercolor HD7870 PCS+ Corsair Vengeance 1866 c9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m4 samsung 830 none EK supremacy nickel-plexi - 280 60mm rad - D5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits ASUS VE258Q Logitech Y-SW45 Coolermaster silent pro M850 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G3 kenwood amplifier creative Recon3D Fatality professional 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4764 of 12377
I am also now thinking the CPU might be the factor of temp readings/program. Values and labels stayed the same after a mobo swap with my phenom but FX's seem to read differently on the same board. thinking.gif
Green Fiend
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600x MSI B350 PC Mate Asus Radeon R9 290 GSkill TridentZ RGB 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 6401AALS Samsung 840 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda  Patriot Blast 240GB SSD 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech H220-X Cooler Master 120mm green led case fan x3 Swiftech Komodo R9 LE Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer G257HU Smidpx 24" BenQ GL2450 Ducky One Cherry MX Green EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT H440 Green and black Mionix Naos 7000 Amazon Mouse mat Audio-Technica ATR-2500 USB Condenser microphone 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD598LE SMSL SD793-II 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Fiend
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600x MSI B350 PC Mate Asus Radeon R9 290 GSkill TridentZ RGB 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 6401AALS Samsung 840 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda  Patriot Blast 240GB SSD 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech H220-X Cooler Master 120mm green led case fan x3 Swiftech Komodo R9 LE Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer G257HU Smidpx 24" BenQ GL2450 Ducky One Cherry MX Green EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT H440 Green and black Mionix Naos 7000 Amazon Mouse mat Audio-Technica ATR-2500 USB Condenser microphone 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD598LE SMSL SD793-II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4765 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkyJnr View Post

I've done rig builder it's attached in my profile...

Wicked. Looks like your Phenom II X6 1075T has a locked multiplier which means you'll have to overclock the hardway frown.gif

If you go to edit your signature you can add your system into your signature like mine below so people know exactly what your running without checking your profile! thumb.gif

The basic idea is usually to drop the multiplier a few points eg x15 to x12 then increase the FSB to see how far it can go still bootign into windows. eg raising from 200 to 210 and keep going til it wont boot. Then you try increasing the multiplier back up and balance the FSB with the multiplier to get an overclock you want. You will want to add some extra voltage to the CPU to make it stable at higher overclocks.
Then there's the issues of lower ram and NB speeds but I'm not so hot on that redface.gif

This guide is for a 1055T but your chip is quite similar so you could find it useful
http://www.overclock.net/t/720502/the-1055t-owners-club/0_100

Linus is on hand to give you a pretty decent tutorial! biggrin.gif

enjoy and good luck

thumb.gif
Orange and White
(16 items)
 
HTPC
(16 items)
 
Orange Ice Mk. 2
(29 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 BE 3.4Ghz Gigabyte 990FXA UD7 KFA2 GTX 970 EXOC Infinity 8 Gb DDRIII 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-OR Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2515H LG Flatron W2252S Beige Keyboard by "Tiny" Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Cheap "Trust" Mouse Steel Series Steelseries Orange Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 235e ASUS M5A78L-M HD3850 Patriot 4GB DDR3 1033MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80GB 2.5" HDD Samsung Bluray Reader Scythe Shuriken + 2x120mm + 1x80mm Win 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Sony 40" TV (1080p) Corsair CX430 Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Orange and White
(16 items)
 
HTPC
(16 items)
 
Orange Ice Mk. 2
(29 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 BE 3.4Ghz Gigabyte 990FXA UD7 KFA2 GTX 970 EXOC Infinity 8 Gb DDRIII 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-OR Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2515H LG Flatron W2252S Beige Keyboard by "Tiny" Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Cheap "Trust" Mouse Steel Series Steelseries Orange Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 235e ASUS M5A78L-M HD3850 Patriot 4GB DDR3 1033MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80GB 2.5" HDD Samsung Bluray Reader Scythe Shuriken + 2x120mm + 1x80mm Win 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Sony 40" TV (1080p) Corsair CX430 Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4766 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

Well, whats there to prove ? Its common sense that if TMPIN2 shows 45C, and im touching NB heatsink and geting almost burned after second or two !! I know for sure that at 45C sensation isnt HOT as hell !! So what and why rest of us need to prove u ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordox View Post



thats my proof.
allmost every supported software, like gigabytes touchbios and easytune, as well as AMD's overdrive gives exactly the same values for their cpu temp as ohwmonitor does on his tmpin3.

i find it hard to believe that all those programs have it right and because 1 person (as MOD on a gigabyte forum, which doesn't make him an 'expert') says its diffrent everyone believes it.

But: i am starting to think that with the bulldozer/vishersa architectures, the temp sensors might have changed? Because all this stuff pointed before with my Athlon to the tmpin2.

So i believe it is because there are diffrent cpu's. I hope you see why I am confused, just as everyone else.
just settle this for once and for all...


That's not proof that its reading the CPU Core, Package, or socket temp. That's proof that there is yet another issue with these boards and FX CPU's. Swapping CPU's CAN NOT change where the sensor is located, It simply cannot. It can hinder an accurate temp reading from sensor's.

And its not just one person, Everyone someone in this club that has some sense of logic contact's Gigabyte about these issue's and post it here, you guys shoot it to **** with no actual proof.

Basicly what your suggesting is that magically changing from a phenom II to a FX CPU changes the physical location of sensor? As I said before all you guys have provided is proof that there is another issue. How do you even know your temps are correct on your CPU? I had to borrow a high end IR thermometer to figure out what program would read the proper temps on mine, and it aint as simple as point it at the heat sink either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideJob View Post

I am also now thinking the CPU might be the factor of temp readings/program. Values and labels stayed the same after a mobo swap with my phenom but FX's seem to read differently on the same board. thinking.gif

I'm thinking FX is a fail CPU. All the problems in this club are related to PEBCAK or FX CPU's.. Go figure.
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4767 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

From what I can tell the CPU is the cause of the TMPIN02 issue's, If I had reason to waste money on a BD chip I would love to test it, but my 955 does its job perfectly so I won't be buying one any time soon, I may however find some one locally that might let me borrow their's for a day or two. I'll look into to it, as I am curious.
Please, Tell me what I claim to know about the FX chip's? Don't put word's in my mouth to make me look bad just because you cannot explain issue's with your motherboard with anything solid. I have NEVER claimed to know much about the FX Chips.. You must have me confused with some one else, I do however know a great deal about these motherboards, Hence my posting in this club.

I'm not squelching for opinion's, its more like trolling at this point. Gigabyte has ruled on the NB temp's, and what TMPIN02 relate too yet people still argue they they are wrong. Fine, Prove it! You have all failed to do so. Hence why this info regarding the TMPIN's output is one the front page of the club. If someone could post some proof, I'll gladly bow in light of this new discovery. So yea, anyone who want's to troll the matter anymore will be squelched.. Last thing this site need's is more tolling as it is.

I think's we might be on to something. I know the Mobo's are picky about what temp program's read proper. I have used 3 UD3's so far and each needed to use a different program to monitor temps, all the other program's would read wonky or absurd temps.. Shame that all 3 builds were phenom II's and not FX's.. If FX's didn't suck so bad I would buy one just to fiddle with and learn about but its simply not worth it at all at this point.. I won't build one for someone, I recommend going Intel at those price points. I'll see about borrowing a FX chip.

Bulldozer/Vishera chips may be part of the cause for this discrepency. Just because you don't observe it does not make it irrelevant. This discussion is about these boards. These boards are in fact exhibiting these readings. We are discussing it to figure out why this is happening.

As for your knowledge on FX chips you put the words in your own mouth guy. I quote you here "Are you positive that your Temp monitor program is actually reading your Core Temps correct? it must be very very cold for your chip to idle at a low 55f, it must very very cold in your room." You say this after I already stated in another post it is HOT in my room as I haven't bothered to turn the AC on yet. Here in Florida its hot. A quick Google search would show you that FX chips exhibit extremely inaccurate/low idle temps.

No one is trolling here other than you actually. We are discussing an issue/feature with this board. You are the one threatening to "squelch" people for discussing something you don't believe is an issue. You are starting to come off as the type of person that refuses to believe something just because it hasn't happened to them. Guess what? I posted proof as have others here. You are the one that is not adding any value to the conversation. Squelch yourself maybe? Let me break it down for you. My 990FXA-UD3 is displaying CPU temps as TMPIN2, FACT, TMPIN1 "seems" to be socket temp, FACT. I as well as others effectively have no NB temp reading because of this, FACT. Just because YOU are not experiencing it does not make it any less true. I don't care if you TMPIN2 is saying its 90C, maybe yours isn't reading any more correctly than ours?

I don't care if you are a Mod. This discussion is relevant whether you want to deny the facts or not. Perhaps we need an Admin to come in and have a look at the discussion and see who needs to be squelched? I'm pretty sure Mods aren't exempt from that for trying to iron fist everything because they don't like their "final" yet wrong answer questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

Well, whats there to prove ? Its common sense that if TMPIN2 shows 45C, and im touching NB heatsink and geting almost burned after second or two !! I know for sure that at 45C sensation isnt HOT as hell !! So what and why rest of us need to prove u ?

We don't have anything to prove to him. We are all experiencing this issue. He has no useful information to contribute to the discussion other than threatening to ban people. We have documented proof of said issue and multiple users experiencing it. Now we need to figure out what the cause is. Is this caused by the CPU? If it is why? The motherboard sensors should not be dictated by what CPU is being used. I find this very interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordox View Post



thats my proof.
allmost every supported software, like gigabytes touchbios and easytune, as well as AMD's overdrive gives exactly the same values for their cpu temp as ohwmonitor does on his tmpin3.

i find it hard to believe that all those programs have it right and because 1 person (as MOD on a gigabyte forum, which doesn't make him an 'expert') says its diffrent everyone believes it.

But: i am starting to think that with the bulldozer/vishersa architectures, the temp sensors might have changed? Because all this stuff pointed before with my Athlon to the tmpin2.

So i believe it is because there are diffrent cpu's. I hope you see why I am confused, just as everyone else.
just settle this for once and for all...

It obviously has something to do with the CPU. Its odd, as I've said earlier the CPU should have no effect on motherboard monitors. My guess would be a register in the CPU is using the same addressing as the motherboard for TMPIN2 and the CPU is winning the addressing by default. To me that would be a motherboard issue that would have to be addressed with a BIOS update. I would really like to know what my NB temps are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideJob View Post

I am also now thinking the CPU might be the factor of temp readings/program. Values and labels stayed the same after a mobo swap with my phenom but FX's seem to read differently on the same board. thinking.gif

See above lol It has to be BIOS issue. Its strange to say the least.
The Postoffice
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition G. Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX 3k WD Black 640 Samsung 850 EVO Sony Optiarc 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64 Vizio VOJ320F1A Corsair K70 Vengance 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
NZXT Hale82 Antec TwelveHundred Logictech G9x Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
The Postoffice
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition G. Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX 3k WD Black 640 Samsung 850 EVO Sony Optiarc 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64 Vizio VOJ320F1A Corsair K70 Vengance 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
NZXT Hale82 Antec TwelveHundred Logictech G9x Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4768 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post


That's not proof that its reading the CPU Core, Package, or socket temp. That's proof that there is yet another issue with these boards and FX CPU's. Swapping CPU's CAN NOT change where the sensor is located, It simply cannot. It can hinder an accurate temp reading from sensor's.

And its not just one person, Everyone someone in this club that has some sense of logic contact's Gigabyte about these issue's and post it here, you guys shoot it to **** with no actual proof.

Basicly what your suggesting is that magically changing from a phenom II to a FX CPU changes the physical location of sensor? As I said before all you guys have provided is proof that there is another issue. How do you even know your temps are correct on your CPU? I had to borrow a high end IR thermometer to figure out what program would read the proper temps on mine, and it aint as simple as point it at the heat sink either.
I'm thinking FX is a fail CPU. All the problems in this club are related to PEBCAK or FX CPU's.. Go figure.

What is with your animosity towards FX chips? Mine has worked flawlessly and is performing better than my X6 did. I assure you smart guy, that there is no PEBCAK here, I didn't fall off the turnip truck last night lets just say that. Jumping to that kind of conclusion and to insult members like that speaks volumes about your personality and ability to be a mod...

The only way the CPU could change the readouts is if the CPU is trying to use the same addressing as the motherboard sensor. That is not a CPU issue. That is a motherboard issue. More specifically a BIOS issue.
The Postoffice
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition G. Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX 3k WD Black 640 Samsung 850 EVO Sony Optiarc 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64 Vizio VOJ320F1A Corsair K70 Vengance 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
NZXT Hale82 Antec TwelveHundred Logictech G9x Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
The Postoffice
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition G. Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX 3k WD Black 640 Samsung 850 EVO Sony Optiarc 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64 Vizio VOJ320F1A Corsair K70 Vengance 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
NZXT Hale82 Antec TwelveHundred Logictech G9x Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4769 of 12377
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRuleZ View Post

Bulldozer/Vishera chips may be part of the cause for this discrepency. Just because you don't observe it does not make it irrelevant. This discussion is about these boards. These boards are in fact exhibiting these readings. We are discussing it to figure out why this is happening.

As for your knowledge on FX chips you put the words in your own mouth guy. I quote you here "Are you positive that your Temp monitor program is actually reading your Core Temps correct? it must be very very cold for your chip to idle at a low 55f, it must very very cold in your room." You say this after I already stated in another post it is HOT in my room as I haven't bothered to turn the AC on yet. Here in Florida its hot. A quick Google search would show you that FX chips exhibit extremely inaccurate/low idle temps.

No one is trolling here other than you actually. We are discussing an issue/feature with this board. You are the one threatening to "squelch" people for discussing something you don't believe is an issue. You are starting to come off as the type of person that refuses to believe something just because it hasn't happened to them. Guess what? I posted proof as have others here. You are the one that is not adding any value to the conversation. Squelch yourself maybe? Let me break it down for you. My 990FXA-UD3 is displaying CPU temps as TMPIN2, FACT, TMPIN1 "seems" to be socket temp, FACT. I as well as others effectively have no NB temp reading because of this, FACT. Just because YOU are not experiencing it does not make it any less true. I don't care if you TMPIN2 is saying its 90C, maybe yours isn't reading any more correctly than ours?

I don't care if you are a Mod. This discussion is relevant whether you want to deny the facts or not. Perhaps we need an Admin to come in and have a look at the discussion and see who needs to be squelched? I'm pretty sure Mods aren't exempt from that for trying to iron fist everything because they don't like their "final" yet wrong answer questioned.
We don't have anything to prove to him. We are all experiencing this issue. He has no useful information to contribute to the discussion other than threatening to ban people. We have documented proof of said issue and multiple users experiencing it. Now we need to figure out what the cause is. Is this caused by the CPU? If it is why? The motherboard sensors should not be dictated by what CPU is being used. I find this very interesting.
It obviously has something to do with the CPU. Its odd, as I've said earlier the CPU should have no effect on motherboard monitors. My guess would be a register in the CPU is using the same addressing as the motherboard for TMPIN2 and the CPU is winning the addressing by default. To me that would be a motherboard issue that would have to be addressed with a BIOS update. I would really like to know what my NB temps are!

See above lol It has to be BIOS issue. Its strange to say the least.

Here is what I'm getting at..

First off my comment about the temps was a back handed way of pointing out that the temp program's are skewed to begin with, but that didn't hit home. Instead your using it to pick at my knowledge of a CPU but you can keep thinking that I'm spouting off stuff I don't know thumb.gif

I never said I would ban anyone. And even if I did threaten to ban it would be a futile move. First, I'm not a modderator for this site and second even though I think post's like
Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

"TMPIN2 = Northbridge Temp" This isnt true !!!

Are totally and utterly useless they are ban worthy. They are worthy of a mute/squelch.

Yes, We all know there are temp reading problem's how about we go about it maturely, rather than just posting this kind of crap.
For the part in bold is a more valid addition to the subject.

Sorry but I've had it with all the newb's on OCN doing absolutely nothing but dragging down the community. For year's this site was a beacon of information. Now it's overrun with troll's and dribble, If that helps explain my agitation with this club any... mad.gif
Edited by KhaoticKomputing - 3/20/13 at 10:16pm
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4770 of 12377
I agree itomic's post isn't very useful however it kind of is relevant, for us guys using FX CPU's TMPIN2 is displaying CPU temp. Maybe the front page needs to be updated to reflect that for now until Gigabyte fixes the issue, that way when new users see TMPIN2 matching their CPU they aren't surprised and wondering what is wrong.

When I joined I read through that whole section and came across that and *** that can't be my NB temp it matches the CPU in all conditions. I have fans hanging all over the place now trying to see if I can make any of the temps lower. Its asinine. I totally get your frustration now that you explained it and I apologize for being dick. However you have to realize some of us are frustrated with the quirks of this board and treating us like we are retarded isn't helping.

I do have my doubts that Gigabyte will fix it, they can't seem to fix the throttling issue. They say its APM related, however I can turn off APM with the AMD Overdrive trick and still get the throttling. Since I've added the fans I can postpone the throttling, but not eliminate it. I think its VRM related, I'm starting to think they can't handle the 8 core FX chips on a big overclock. Gigabyte won't admit to that because that would hurt sales (not saying its true, just my thoughts)
The Postoffice
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition G. Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX 3k WD Black 640 Samsung 850 EVO Sony Optiarc 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64 Vizio VOJ320F1A Corsair K70 Vengance 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
NZXT Hale82 Antec TwelveHundred Logictech G9x Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
The Postoffice
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro EVGA 1080Ti Founders Edition G. Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX 3k WD Black 640 Samsung 850 EVO Sony Optiarc 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64 Vizio VOJ320F1A Corsair K70 Vengance 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
NZXT Hale82 Antec TwelveHundred Logictech G9x Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club