Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › $600 Build, Need help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$600 Build, Need help - Page 4

post #31 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie310 View Post
Since, like he said, this is going to be mainly for gaming. Shouldn't the GPU be one of the most expensive parts? As most people will agree, AMD is the way to go for budget builds. 35% of his budget on a CPU? That's just crazy.
Maybe ?? but he said student , and light gaming?

But yeah if its for more than light gaming a 6850 , or even sli gts 450,s will play any game out there decent. I have a rig with two gts 250,s there around 60 $ each nowadays. it will play most games no problem!

and yes the cpu is the most important part of your rig, and plays a huge part in game perfomance as well!

if your main focus is gaming i would get a high end card! 6950/6970-gtx570-gtx580 ( just my opinion)
Edited by MIKEVALL - 5/23/11 at 2:19am
BIG DADDY!!!!!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-950 @ 4.0ghz HT EVGA-Classified-3 EVGA GTX-580 6GB Corsair Dom 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
120GB Corsair Force-SSD--2TB-WD-BLACK windows7-HP Lg 24 inch RAZER. BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair-AX1200 HAF-X-942 RAZER-LACHESIS-5600 Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
BIG DADDY!!!!!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-950 @ 4.0ghz HT EVGA-Classified-3 EVGA GTX-580 6GB Corsair Dom 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
120GB Corsair Force-SSD--2TB-WD-BLACK windows7-HP Lg 24 inch RAZER. BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair-AX1200 HAF-X-942 RAZER-LACHESIS-5600 Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
Alright, then. I think this is the best you're gonna get for the price. You'll have a Phenom II X4 and the ability to add another GPU down the road, plus a high wattage, high quality PSU. You'll also get a high-end motherboard with the ability to OC as much as you like:

LG DVD Burner: $20

HEC Blitz Black Case: $40

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB: $44

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3: $99

Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
: $170

Antec NEO ECO 620C: $70

A-DATA XPG 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM: $46

AMD Phenom II X4 925: $100

Subtotal: $589
Total: $603

With this you'll be able to do it all. BTW, don't go for an Athlon II X4 or Phenom II X4 840. Those are slower than the 925.
All very good, but let me make a few suggestions to save money:

Power supply:
OCZ ModXstream 600W - $60 after rebate.

Hard drive:
Seagate Barracuda 1B 7200rpm $50 after promo code. Ends today.
Note: If the promo has ended, go with another drive. I just went with this because of the price.

Motherboard:
You might want to consider any one of these as alternatives:
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (Open Box) ($70)
(Cheaper)
Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 ($45)
(Much cheaper, but also lower quality)
ASRock 890GX PRO3 ($110) (AM3+ capable. A bit more expensive, but more future-proofed.)


Video Card:
MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition ($150 after rebate)
(Much better for overclocking/keeping cool/silence, but no shogun 2)

Link to review


Edit: I'd suggest upgrading to the 955BE for extra headroom if you have the money. The 6850 when overclocked is about equal to a 6870 at stock and probably the best bang-for-buck if you're looking to crossfire later. If you're not, a GTX 460 1GB (Non-se) can be found for about $130 after rebate on newegg, however you can't sli without sli hack on these motherboards.

I would not go sandy bridge here, as buying an i5 2500k is out of your budget, and the rest cannot overclock. An overclocked Phenom II x4 9xx series should come in ahead of the i3's for comparable prices.

If you're really wanting to go Intel, you'll want to look at 1156 and get an i3 540 to overclock to ~4.0 Ghz. Will be better in dual-threaded applications, but worse in other multi-threaded applications. However, this works out about $30 more expensive, hence my suggestion for this build. Upgrading to a 955 makes it more comparable, but I'd still favour this over Intel unless you're going to be mainly playing starcraft 2, which much, much prefers Intel.

Even then, my framerate doesn't dip below 30 fps at 3.8 Ghz on a Phenom II.
Edited by Korlus - 5/23/11 at 2:25am
Little Messy
(16 items)
 
The 1720 (Laptop)
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 (@ 3.8) MSI 890GXM-G65 ASUS HD 6850 (@ 975/1125) G.Skill RipjawX 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Eco Green Samsung F3 Sony DVD+-RW Writer CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium Arch Linux Dell ST2420 Microsoft Reclusa 
PowerCaseMouse
OCZ StealthXStream II 600W NZXT Vulcan Logitech MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T8300 Dell's own 8600M 4.0GB Hyundai Electronics DDR2 
Hard DriveOS
250GB Hitachi / 250GB Samsung Windows Vista 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Messy
(16 items)
 
The 1720 (Laptop)
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 (@ 3.8) MSI 890GXM-G65 ASUS HD 6850 (@ 975/1125) G.Skill RipjawX 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Eco Green Samsung F3 Sony DVD+-RW Writer CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium Arch Linux Dell ST2420 Microsoft Reclusa 
PowerCaseMouse
OCZ StealthXStream II 600W NZXT Vulcan Logitech MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T8300 Dell's own 8600M 4.0GB Hyundai Electronics DDR2 
Hard DriveOS
250GB Hitachi / 250GB Samsung Windows Vista 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrip View Post
Start with this 2500k Combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...t=Combo.644166

And then Try to score a decent video card off the OCN Marketplace.
People around here like to upgrade often and then sell their used cards for cheap.
everything looks good in that except if he want to overclock, usually MSi vrm's fry at overvoltages
Vision Black
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz 24/7 ASRock 870 Extreme 3 HIS ATI Radeon 6870 Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 2x2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200 500Gb+WD Caviar Green 500gb Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Viewsonic 19" VA912 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Low-profile / Dell OEM KB CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 650W Antec One Hundred Razer Lachesis @3500dpi 500Hz ultrapolling 
Mouse Pad
None ?? Does it matter 
  hide details  
Reply
Vision Black
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz 24/7 ASRock 870 Extreme 3 HIS ATI Radeon 6870 Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 2x2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200 500Gb+WD Caviar Green 500gb Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Viewsonic 19" VA912 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Low-profile / Dell OEM KB CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 650W Antec One Hundred Razer Lachesis @3500dpi 500Hz ultrapolling 
Mouse Pad
None ?? Does it matter 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKrype View Post
everything looks good in that except if he want to overclock, usually MSi vrm's fry at overvoltages
I agree. Here's a better build that goes slightly overbudget (Originally $600, later said he was willing to do $100 more)

2500k + TP67XE (8x/8x Xfire/SLI , Plenty of Power Phases)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.648133

Rosewill PSU and Case Combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.639153
I looked at the Case pics and it looks solid with the Black interior, Cooling capability, cable management, Bottom PSU mount, etc.
The Rosewill 530w is a solid PSU and OCN recommended. However, you would have to upgrade to a more costly PSU if you want to do multiple GPU setup in the future. I tried looking for a 4 PCI-E connector PSU but they were all over $85 shipped and would not fit the budget.

A-DATA 4GB DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211409
Consistently gets great reviews everywhere which means there is almost no failure rate on these and perform well at its rated specs.

1TB F3 Spinpoint
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185
Best GB per dollar HDD on the market and it goes toe to toe with the Caviar Blacks in performance.

Radeon HD 6850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161348
Will play most games on MAX settings on a single 1080p monitor.

LG DVD burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136236
Lowest price with free shipping. LG makes good stuff anyway.

This a good build for the money and you can save some money after you build it to get a good CPU Cooler later on. Or if you have an extra DVD burner lying around, you can get the .

Shipping cost is just over $7 because of the Motherboard. Everything else is free shipping

Edited by PowerTrip - 5/23/11 at 7:32am
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlus View Post
All very good, but let me make a few suggestions to save money:

Power supply:
OCZ ModXstream 600W - $60 after rebate.

Hard drive:
Seagate Barracuda 1B 7200rpm $50 after promo code. Ends today.
Note: If the promo has ended, go with another drive. I just went with this because of the price.

Motherboard:
You might want to consider any one of these as alternatives:
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (Open Box) ($70)
(Cheaper)
Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 ($45)
(Much cheaper, but also lower quality)
ASRock 890GX PRO3 ($110) (AM3+ capable. A bit more expensive, but more future-proofed.)


Video Card:
MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition ($150 after rebate)
(Much better for overclocking/keeping cool/silence, but no shogun 2)

Link to review


Edit: I'd suggest upgrading to the 955BE for extra headroom if you have the money. The 6850 when overclocked is about equal to a 6870 at stock and probably the best bang-for-buck if you're looking to crossfire later. If you're not, a GTX 460 1GB (Non-se) can be found for about $130 after rebate on newegg, however you can't sli without sli hack on these motherboards.

I would not go sandy bridge here, as buying an i5 2500k is out of your budget, and the rest cannot overclock. An overclocked Phenom II x4 9xx series should come in ahead of the i3's for comparable prices.

If you're really wanting to go Intel, you'll want to look at 1156 and get an i3 540 to overclock to ~4.0 Ghz. Will be better in dual-threaded applications, but worse in other multi-threaded applications. However, this works out about $30 more expensive, hence my suggestion for this build. Upgrading to a 955 makes it more comparable, but I'd still favour this over Intel unless you're going to be mainly playing starcraft 2, which much, much prefers Intel.

Even then, my framerate doesn't dip below 30 fps at 3.8 Ghz on a Phenom II.
The Hard Drive is good, but will shoot the price up. Getting an Open Box motherboard is one of the worst things you can do if you're building a PC. Since it's Open Box, that means they may not include accessories and many times, they don't. I once bought an open box motherboard to find SATA cables and the IO shield was missing.

The Power Supply, I really cannot agree on that. It's adequate quality at best, and the internals are a mix of both good components are bad. The Antec NEO ECO 620C has much better internals and is moderately priced, and will take those 6850s and an OCed Phenom II X4 without breaking a sweat.

For the graphics card, I chose Sapphire because they're to AMD was EVGA is to NVIDIA. They're the best sub-vendors for AMD cards.

The motherboard, I can agree on the Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 because it's amazing for the price. They over-clock very well, and they also support CrossFire 8x/8x. The AsRock 890GX PRO3, though, I can't agree because it only supports "CrossFire" 16x/4x, which is no good for gaming at high resolutions.

As for the CPU, there's really no reason not to not go with the Phenom II X4 925 if it's $20 cheaper. It's the C3 revision, and it's of the later batches, so it should have no problem OCing to 3.8-4GHz, though obviously it doesn't have an unlocked multiplier.

That's my take on it, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrip View Post
I agree. Here's a better build that goes slightly overbudget (Originally $600, later said he was willing to do $100 more)

2500k + TP67XE (8x/8x Xfire/SLI , Plenty of Power Phases)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.648133

Rosewill PSU and Case Combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.639153
I looked at the Case pics and it looks solid with the Black interior, Cooling capability, cable management, Bottom PSU mount, etc.
The Rosewill 530w is a solid PSU and OCN recommended. However, you would have to upgrade to a more costly PSU if you want to do multiple GPU setup in the future. I tried looking for a 4 PCI-E connector PSU but they were all over $85 shipped and would not fit the budget.

A-DATA 4GB DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211409
Consistently gets great reviews everywhere which means there is almost no failure rate on these and perform well at its rated specs.

1TB F3 Spinpoint
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185
Best GB per dollar HDD on the market and it goes toe to toe with the Caviar Blacks in performance.

Radeon HD 6850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161348
Will play most games on MAX settings on a single 1080p monitor.

LG DVD burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136236
Lowest price with free shipping. LG makes good stuff anyway.

This a good build for the money and you can save some money after you build it to get a good CPU Cooler later on. Or if you have an extra DVD burner lying around, you can get the Hyper 212+ instead.

Shipping cost is just over $7 because of the Motherboard. Everything else is free shipping
If he gets that, he'll have a better CPU but be stuck with a single card and a much worse PSU. In terms of future-proofing, it's a dead end. For $600, I think it's a better idea to go AMD. A Phenom II X4 is more than enough to handle a Radeon HD 6850, even in CrossFire. I'd say the motherboard is better overall in terms of features, too.

For $700, it depends. Did the OP change budget to $700?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 48

My thought:

CPU - Phenom II x4 955 + HIS HD 6850 - $268 shipped, $253 AR
Motherboard - AM3+ ASRock 890GX PRO3 - $110 + shipping
RAM - Wintec One 2x2GB DDR3-1600 - $43 shipped
HDD - Seagate 1TB - $50 after promo, shipped
Case -

- $36 shipped [Amazon]
PSU - Rosewill Green 630W - $50 after promo + $2 shipping
DVD - LG 24X DVD-RW - $20 shipped
CM Hyper 212+ - $30 shipped [Buy.com]
$607 plus applicable shipping
$592 AR

Overclockable quad core/6850, AM3+ expandable, with 1TB HDD space and, a great look & a quality PSU, for $600.... looks good to me
post #37 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
My thought:

CPU - Phenom II x4 955 + HIS HD 6850 - $268 shipped, $253 AR
Motherboard - AM3+ ASRock 890GX PRO3 - $110 + shipping
RAM - Wintec One 2x2GB DDR3-1600 - $43 shipped
HDD - Seagate 1TB - $50 after promo, shipped
Case - NZXT GAMMA - $36 shipped [Amazon]
PSU - Rosewill Green 630W - $50 after promo + $2 shipping
DVD - LG 24X DVD-RW - $20 shipped
CM Hyper 212+ - $30 shipped [Buy.com]
$607 plus applicable shipping
$592 AR

Overclockable quad core/6850, AM3+ expandable, with 1TB HDD space and, a great look & a quality PSU, for $600.... looks good to me
Good motherboard, but alas, you don't have the ability to add another 6850 for true CrossFire 8x/8x instead of 16x/4x. And the FX will probably lose their power saving features when on these boards, not to mention we don't know yet if there will be an issue with HyperTransport speeds. The Antec NEO ECO 620C is a much better unit than the Rosewill, too. That combo deal you listed for the HIS Radeon HD 6850 + Phenom II X4 955 is gold, though. I was about to give you rep for that, but then I remembered LOL. The HEC Blitz comes with more fans and more features than the NZXT Gamma and only costs a few bucks more.

So, I'd revise my build to this:

LG DVD+RW Burner
: $20

HEC Blitz Black Case: $40

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB: $44

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard: $99

Antec NEO ECO 620C: $70

A-DATA XPG 4GB DDR3 1600MHz: $46

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE + HIS Radeon HD 6850: $268

Subtotal: $587
Total: $601

Of course, you can also swap the HDD out for the one xd recommended and get double the capacity and the total price would be $607.
Edited by LOL_Wut_Axel - 5/23/11 at 11:37am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 48
The 890GX PRO3 does support 8x-8x, it is an 890GX chipset
EDIT: I suddenly realize it appears to be marketed as x16-x4.... you can still add a 6850 in CFX but it might affect performance. Argh, ASRock's CrossfireX marketing is confusing. They have boards that can't do 8x-8x being marketed as capable of doing so, while boards cable of doing so aren't capable of doing so!? What

The Rosewill Green unit is a great quality unit, the NEO ECO 620 is definitely better, but both are well capable of supplying around the same amount of power and one is priced significantly lower and that is the Rosewill, hence my suggestion.
Edited by xd_1771 - 5/23/11 at 12:18pm
post #39 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post

So, I'd revise my build to this:

LG DVD+RW Burner
: $20

HEC Blitz Black Case: $40

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB: $44

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard: $99

Antec NEO ECO 620C: $70

A-DATA XPG 4GB DDR3 1600MHz: $46

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE + HIS Radeon HD 6850: $268

Subtotal: $587
Total: $601

Of course, you can also swap the HDD out for the one xd recommended and get double the capacity and the total price would be $607.
If I was OP I would go with that at this point of the discussion. The only thing I question is the case but for $50 I dont think you are finding good cable management cutouts + side intake/exhaust spot and or window + the side fan option.
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 48
Take my build, i bought everything from newegg for a total of 580 if my memory is good. Im just like you student with 600$, and this rig is just awesome great case with cable management and airflow, of course you take a chance of having only a x2 but 90% are x4 unlockable, and anyway x2 is not that bad, because with what ive read here you are not looking for the ultimate pwning rig but just something good. And if you ever want a bit more power there are preset automatic oc on the mobo wich can give you up to 3.8 ghz stable rep if i helped and enjoy

Edit:
I kept my old hd and dvd writer
Edited by remz1337 - 5/23/11 at 2:02pm
GW2 Special
(16 items)
 
Redstroyer
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X2 555(unlocked to X4 B55) Biostar ta870u3+ 6950HD msi twin frozr OC 2x2gb g.skill ripjaws ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Solid 3 Lg combo with IDE to sata adapter H50 win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
dynex hdtv 22''(HD)/philips 19''(VGA) k260(logitech wireless combo) corsair 650tx azza orion 
MouseMouse Pad
m210(logitech wireless combo) INFOREM custom mouse pad 
  hide details  
Reply
GW2 Special
(16 items)
 
Redstroyer
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X2 555(unlocked to X4 B55) Biostar ta870u3+ 6950HD msi twin frozr OC 2x2gb g.skill ripjaws ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Solid 3 Lg combo with IDE to sata adapter H50 win 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
dynex hdtv 22''(HD)/philips 19''(VGA) k260(logitech wireless combo) corsair 650tx azza orion 
MouseMouse Pad
m210(logitech wireless combo) INFOREM custom mouse pad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › $600 Build, Need help