Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › What single gpu card can play 1080p max out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What single gpu card can play 1080p max out? - Page 6

post #51 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
Max out ( AA, textures, everything) all games @1080p, obviously disregarding Crysis 1 and Metro.

6970
or
6950 unlocked
or
580
or
580 3gb

or should I wait for 7xxx/6xx? are they just around the corner?
580...
"OBVIOUSLY DISREGARDING CRYSIS 1 and METRO!!!"
User seems to already know games and their limits... Other than those two games, what game will barely go below 60fps with a descent processor and gtx 580?
And Keplar will be out late this year i'm guessing which will obviously has more transistors (based on 28nm vs 40nm) but what else will it have to offer? Maybe another 15% increase...?
Gamer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 @ 4GHZ Asus P6X58D-E 2X EVGA GTX 970 SC w/ACX 2.0 Cooler 6GB Corsair XMS3 CAS 7 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X OCZ Vertex 30GB RAID 0 Corsair H100 Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit S23A950D + 55" LED 240Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair AX 1200 Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 case Razor Deathadder 3500dpi 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 @ 4GHZ Asus P6X58D-E 2X EVGA GTX 970 SC w/ACX 2.0 Cooler 6GB Corsair XMS3 CAS 7 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X OCZ Vertex 30GB RAID 0 Corsair H100 Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit S23A950D + 55" LED 240Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair AX 1200 Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 case Razor Deathadder 3500dpi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Well we must place a certain framerate as a target for "maxing out" a game. I can turn up every setting but if I'm running at 10 FPS avg is that maxed out? I totally agree that acceptable framerate is subjective, I didn't say it wasn't. You're completely misinterpreting my posts.

My logic is not flawed, as 60Hz - 60 FPS barrier is the very definition of "maxed out" on most monitors. Increased FPS beyond that is meaningless. Once again, I didn't state 30 FPS wasn't playable. It is logical to assume that the term "maxing out" refers to an average framerate of 60FPS. Someone else might be perfectly fine with 30FPS, but most gamers seek to meet 60FPS. That is undeniable.
No, it is deniable. Most people on OCN are PC enthusiasts. Enthusiasts seek 60fps. The average gamer is fine with 30fps. Not everyone absolutely needs 60fps or has the funds to produce 60fps average in every single game. I'm not willing to put out $2000 for 60fps when a $500 PC can run 30fps.

Also, again, you're mixing up "maxing out" and "decent fps". Why do you think people always say "I run this game with max SETTINGS at xx FPS." It's because they must specify their settings AND their frames per second. The two are not correlated until you make the connection.

If someone said, "I run the game maxed," then, inevitably, others will come along and ask, "What settings are you using? Do you have AA enabled? What about AF? What kind of fps are you getting at those settings?" There's just not enough information in "maxed" and whatever you think is implied, really is not, because only you are implying it.
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
No, it is deniable. Most people on OCN are PC enthusiasts. Enthusiasts seek 60fps. The average gamer is fine with 30fps. Not everyone absolutely needs 60fps or has the funds to produce 60fps average in every single game. I'm not willing to put out $2000 for 60fps when a $500 PC can run 30fps.

Also, again, you're mixing up "maxing out" and "decent fps". Why do you think people always say "I run this game with max SETTINGS at xx FPS." It's because they must specify their settings AND their frames per second. The two are not correlated until you make the connection.

If someone said, "I run the game maxed," then, inevitably, others will come along and ask, "What settings are you using? Do you have AA enabled? What about AF? What kind of fps are you getting at those settings?" There's just not enough information in "maxed" and whatever you think is implied, really is not, because only you are implying it.
Your argument has two holes. One your arguing semantics and no one usually convinces the other side of anything in this type of scenario. Perhaps more importantly your arguing for a hypothetical silent majority who's wishes you are claiming to know. I didn't realize you were omnipotent.

We are enthusiasts here. Absolutely. But it isn't just this web forum that argues for 60 FPS as the baseline for maxed out. If you take the time to google you will note that the vast majority of vocal pc gamers advocate not your claimed 30 FPS, but rather 60 FPS as previously stated.

Furthermore the above posters point of the 60FPS wall with a 60 Hz monitor is a tried ad true rule of thumb. By all means feel free to promote your dissenting opinion, as that is your prerogative.

However, please don't guise your minority view as what is the standard when people far smarter than you or I have long since reached a general consensus that 60 FPS is indeed the sweet spot. If you continue to disagree promote some evidence, maybe even start the 1000th thread about FPS with a poll. You'll soon see that when looked at fairly 60 FPS is the correct answer for target FPS.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
No, it is deniable. Most people on OCN are PC enthusiasts. Enthusiasts seek 60fps. The average gamer is fine with 30fps. Not everyone absolutely needs 60fps or has the funds to produce 60fps average in every single game. I'm not willing to put out $2000 for 60fps when a $500 PC can run 30fps.

Also, again, you're mixing up "maxing out" and "decent fps". Why do you think people always say "I run this game with max SETTINGS at xx FPS." It's because they must specify their settings AND their frames per second. The two are not correlated until you make the connection.

If someone said, "I run the game maxed," then, inevitably, others will come along and ask, "What settings are you using? Do you have AA enabled? What about AF? What kind of fps are you getting at those settings?" There's just not enough information in "maxed" and whatever you think is implied, really is not, because only you are implying it.
I totally agree. I've noticed that some games are bearable at 20FPS while others at 30FPS aren't, for example if it's slow paced, like Sniper: Ghost Warrior, or has high levels of motion blur, under 60FPS is perfectly fine. Fast paced games like Quake become not-so-nice under 60FPS.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G530 Haven't decided yet. GTX 460 768MB 4GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 1TB (SSD coming later) XP/Windows 7 Same old... Yet to decide. 
Case
Fractal Design Define R3 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G530 Haven't decided yet. GTX 460 768MB 4GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 1TB (SSD coming later) XP/Windows 7 Same old... Yet to decide. 
Case
Fractal Design Define R3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Your argument has two holes. One your arguing semantics and no one usually convinces the other side of anything in this type of scenario. Perhaps more importantly your arguing for a hypothetical silent majority who's wishes you are claiming to know. I didn't realize you were omnipotent.

We are enthusiasts here. Absolutely. But it isn't just this web forum that argues for 60 FPS as the baseline for maxed out. If you take the time to google you will note that the vast majority of vocal pc gamers advocate not your claimed 30 FPS, but rather 60 FPS as previously stated.

Furthermore the above posters point of the 60FPS wall with a 60 Hz monitor is a tried ad true rule of thumb. By all means feel free to promote your dissenting opinion, as that is your prerogative.

However, please don't guise your minority view as what is the standard when people far smarter than you or I have long since reached a general consensus that 60 FPS is indeed the sweet spot. If you continue to disagree promote some evidence, maybe even start the 1000th thread about FPS with a poll. You'll soon see that when looked at fairly 60 FPS is the correct answer for target FPS.
We agree at least on at least two points.

1) I didn't realize I was omnipotent either.

2) I never once dissented against the 60fps/60hz adage. Obviously, greater than 60fps is useless when running only at 60hz, and I never disputed that claim. I only disputed the claim that 60fps was the end-all guideline for maxing out. Please address my direct statements, and not what you think you read.
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
We agree at least on at least two points.

1) I didn't realize I was omnipotent either.

2) I never once dissented against the 60fps/60hz adage. Obviously, greater than 60fps is useless when running only at 60hz, and I never disputed that claim. I only disputed the claim that 60fps was the end-all guideline for maxing out. Please address my direct statements, and not what you think you read.
Cool. I'll be happy to break it down for you as that seems to have gone over your head. Lets start with my response, in short easy to read replies, to each of your sentences. I'm really sorry my last post didn't make it any easier for you to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
No, it is deniable. Most people on OCN are PC enthusiasts. Enthusiasts seek 60fps. The average gamer is fine with 30fps. Not everyone absolutely needs 60fps or has the funds to produce 60fps average in every single game. I'm not willing to put out $2000 for 60fps when a $500 PC can run 30fps.
Your argument has two holes. One your arguing semantics and trying to twist definitions to your own advantage. Perhaps more importantly your arguing for a hypothetical silent majority who's wishes you are claiming to know. I didn't realize you were omnipotent. You must be if you know what people think before they even speak.

Or maybe you made the assumption that you personify the average gamer since you are fine with 30 FPS. If this is the case, please don't impose your personal views on me as my own. I have a voice and if I have a subject I care strongly enough about to want to say something, I will. This is called an opinion. As you are claiming to speak for these people who seemingly have stated no opinion, I repeat: You must be omnipotent. Kudos to you! :thumbsup:

No one would deny this is an enthusiast website. Therefore we are at an impasse. Are you yourself an enthusiast? Are you simply that rare bird who frequents enthusiasts websites and claims his opinion as fact? I would offer the third option that you are an average pc person who is here for the occasional answer but that seems not to fit.

If you take the time to google any of this you will note the average pc gamer says 60 FPS. DO you understand the meaning of the word average? It is the result obtained by adding together several quantities and then dividing this total by the number of quantities. This means since most of the people who have an opinion are enthusiasts we are the average. Ergo we determined as a community what FPS value was deemed the goal. Not someone claiming to speak for others. But each of us in countless polls over the years.

Clearly however, you speak for everyone. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
Also, again, you're mixing up "maxing out" and "decent fps". Why do you think people always say "I run this game with max SETTINGS at xx FPS." It's because they must specify their settings AND their frames per second. The two are not correlated until you make the connection.
Again semantics and people aren't going to agree until you have frames of reference. It's certainly correct to say I play X Game on max settings. The only question left to ask then though, is how many FPS. To form the corollary in question you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
If someone said, "I run the game maxed," then, inevitably, others will come along and ask, "What settings are you using? Do you have AA enabled? What about AF? What kind of fps are you getting at those settings?" There's just not enough information in "maxed" and whatever you think is implied, really is not, because only you are implying it.
No. If someone is running a program at max settings (or maxed, or any variation thereof) then that answers what settings are being used. You had it right in your previous statement.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
None of the above. Your terms are too ambiguous. If by max you mean playing games at a minimum of 60fps then a 570 should get you buy often, but it won't always. Even a 580 will struggle occasionally .

Here's an AnandTech Bench Quick View
Don't be a moron, obviously by "max out" he means play all games at max settings with playable frame rates.

Buying a 6970 or 580 will future proof you for a good while. Even next generation the budget cards will probably not be as powerful as the most powerful enthusiast cards out now. Even my 4850 can max out the average game aimed at the masses, and a 5850 is still a 200$ card even though the 68XX and 69XX cards are well out by now.
Edited by james_ant - 5/23/11 at 1:01pm
i7 3820
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 Sapphire 6950 2gb Sapphire 6950 2gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)  Crucial M4 128gb LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung XL2370 Cooler Master Quick Fire (cherry blues) Corsair TX850M 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define R3 SS Xai SS 4HD Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 3820
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 Sapphire 6950 2gb Sapphire 6950 2gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)  Crucial M4 128gb LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung XL2370 Cooler Master Quick Fire (cherry blues) Corsair TX850M 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define R3 SS Xai SS 4HD Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 93
Gtx480 $250 or below better than anything these people are recommending to you. I only got a 2nd one because they are so cheap and obviously two is better than one.
Ninja Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3960X@4.2ghz Asus x79 Sabertooth MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 gig Corsair 256g Crucial m4 + 300g Raptor + 1 TB WD Black +... Spins Fast! Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 34" UltraWide + 55" 4K TV Verbatim. Glows...Pretty!!! 1000watt Antec Quattro 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF932 + Stronger Fans Razor Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
Ninja Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3960X@4.2ghz Asus x79 Sabertooth MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G SLi *OC* 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 gig Corsair 256g Crucial m4 + 300g Raptor + 1 TB WD Black +... Spins Fast! Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit LG 34" UltraWide + 55" 4K TV Verbatim. Glows...Pretty!!! 1000watt Antec Quattro 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF932 + Stronger Fans Razor Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 93
What if I was looking for a single card for 1080P Maxed Settings /w No to LOW AA (I personally dont see much difference with AA. [Im sure there is, but it doesn't bother me I guess]) I play black ops on LOW with no AA and AF and get lag so im used to the suck (8800GT Alpha Dog Ed.)

I plan to SLI later when I have $$$ so something thats SLI Friendly. 30-60fps is ok with me, I play mostly MMO/RTS.

EDIT: P.S. If someone wants to tell me what AA and AF do,, or I should watch for that would be sweetness. PM me if needed as I don't want to hijack the thread to much
My Beast!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P8P67 Pro eVGA 760ti Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Intel 320 SSD Hybrid XT HP Crapola' Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x LA2306x Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750 CM690 II 
MouseMouse Pad
Naga Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
My Beast!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P8P67 Pro eVGA 760ti Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Intel 320 SSD Hybrid XT HP Crapola' Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x LA2306x Black Widow Ultimate Corsair 750 CM690 II 
MouseMouse Pad
Naga Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post
Don't be a moron, obviously by "max out" he means play all games at max settings with playable frame rates.

Buying a 6970 or 580 will future proof you for a good while. Even next generation the budget cards will probably not be as powerful as the most powerful enthusiast cards out now. Even my 4850 can max out the average game aimed at the masses, and a 5850 is still a 200$ card even though the 68XX and 69XX cards are well out by now.
My hero. Another savant able to read people's minds. Tell me how does it work?

Would you like to argue your definition of playable frame rates as well? By all means step up to the plate and validate the old proverb about opening ones's mouth.

Lastly, your amazing in that you also claim to know the future better than the people manufacturing it! Your 4850 is still current in that its around 3 years old. We've not had a single console upgrade in longer than that. When the next gen consoles come out, GPU usage will spike again, and not simply due to a poor coded port like Metro. The current console generation has remained current past its original intent due to the economy and other factors, I'm sure. And even though Microsoft claims that we will not see the next gen console at E3 this year it's certainly on the horizon now.

Alternatively if you prefer to argue pure PC games, then look at NVidia's suggested GPU capabilities in their next two generations. The increase in performance can't be charted as a line unless it's near vertical.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmcfall View Post
What if I was looking for a single card for 1080P Maxed Settings /w No to LOW AA (I personally dont see much difference with AA. [Im sure there is, but it doesn't bother me I guess])

I plan to SLI later when I have $$$ so something thats SLI Friendly. 30-60fps is ok with me, I play mostly MMO/RTS.
If you plan to SLI later I would still advocate getting the best GPU that is within the bounds of your budgetary constraints now. However if you don't plan to use Anti-Aliasing and other features than a 560ti or plain 560 1GB is right up your alley. A 480 is a little too hot for my tastes but can be had cheaply as well. Alternatively if you want to look at AMD maybe look at a 5850 or 5870 if you can find one cheaply enough.
Edited by Senator - 5/23/11 at 1:14pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › What single gpu card can play 1080p max out?