Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [WSJ] Sony Finds Data Breach in Greece
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WSJ] Sony Finds Data Breach in Greece - Page 3

post #21 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
No you just don't understand. He said:



So, he disagrees with them when they have no reason or no justification for their bashing. Then you say the fact that he disagrees with their reason/justification does not make them wrong. However, they had no justification or reason in the first place. Hence, no reason =/= reason.
And this is where I disagreed. The one's bashing Sony have a reason or justification in the first place (they've been chewed through over 50+ threads so I won't go into detail about them), but he disagrees with their reasons for bashing hence he thinks they have no reason because in his view, their reasons aren't valid.
Lawlputer
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X3 720 BE 3.5Ghz Asus Crosshair IV Formula VisionTek 6950 2GB G.SKILL 2x4GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex WD Caviar Green WD Caviar Green WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black Pioneer DVD Burner LiteOn DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H 25.5" Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Antec Truepower Quattro 850W CoolerMaster HAF 932 Limited AMD Edition 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Lawlputer
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X3 720 BE 3.5Ghz Asus Crosshair IV Formula VisionTek 6950 2GB G.SKILL 2x4GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex WD Caviar Green WD Caviar Green WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black Pioneer DVD Burner LiteOn DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H 25.5" Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Antec Truepower Quattro 850W CoolerMaster HAF 932 Limited AMD Edition 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 34
wowza sony needs cisco stat.

im still loling at sony over this whole thing.

or is it luling...??? meh both.
Core
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz Asus P6X58D-E Diamond XOC 4870/512 @ 800//4400 Corsair 3x4gb DDR1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x500GB WD RE2 Raid0 Asus Combo, Asus Combo Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2408h Wide Saitek Eclipse II Corsair HX850W Antec 900 Two 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Black as in Dark abyss 
  hide details  
Reply
Core
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz Asus P6X58D-E Diamond XOC 4870/512 @ 800//4400 Corsair 3x4gb DDR1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x500GB WD RE2 Raid0 Asus Combo, Asus Combo Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2408h Wide Saitek Eclipse II Corsair HX850W Antec 900 Two 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Black as in Dark abyss 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
And this is where I disagreed. The one's bashing Sony have a reason or justification in the first place (they've been chewed through over 50+ threads so I won't go into detail about them), but he disagrees with their reasons for bashing hence he thinks they have no reason because in his view, their reasons aren't valid.
It's impossible to disagree with a reason that doesn't exist. I'm not debating the point of whether they did or did not have proper justification or reasoning. I'm sure some did and I'm sure some didn't. He made a statement that he's sick of those people who are bashing while providing NO justification or reasoning. How can't you understand that?

No reason =/= reason.
Edited by Iceman23 - 5/24/11 at 10:36am
post #24 of 34
Let's keep it civil guys, stay away from the name-calling, etc.

Thanks.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 34
I honestly don't see why this is news.

Microsoft has bigger breaches in free content yet, the only reason this is news is because of the recent Sony bashing.

Seriously, I think we as a community, need to move on.
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
And this is where I disagreed. The one's bashing Sony have a reason or justification in the first place (they've been chewed through over 50+ threads so I won't go into detail about them), but he disagrees with their reasons for bashing hence he thinks they have no reason because in his view, their reasons aren't valid.
As mod said no name-calling but why would you keep arguing on my post? I was stating my opinion so you have no right to call me out right or wrong on this forum. If you think that they have a valid reason or justification then good for you but not in my book. Not sure if you know there are differences in thinking and opinions between people.
Edited by Ocnewb - 5/24/11 at 12:08pm
~|Nanpa|~
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|A8-3870k 3.5Ghz| |Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H| |Onboard 6550D -_-| |Samsung 30nm Low Profile 2133 Cas9| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|Corsair Force GT 90GB|WD 820GB| |SamSung BluRay| |Stock Heatsink -_-| |Win 7 Ultimate x64| 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
|Samsung S27A950 120Hz 3D| |Microsoft SideWinder X4| |CorSaiR HX650| |Open TechBench|White LeDs|PurPle UV| 
MouseMouse PadAudio
|Microsoft SideWinder X8| |SteelSeries Diablo III| |OnBoard| 
  hide details  
Reply
~|Nanpa|~
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|A8-3870k 3.5Ghz| |Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H| |Onboard 6550D -_-| |Samsung 30nm Low Profile 2133 Cas9| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|Corsair Force GT 90GB|WD 820GB| |SamSung BluRay| |Stock Heatsink -_-| |Win 7 Ultimate x64| 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
|Samsung S27A950 120Hz 3D| |Microsoft SideWinder X4| |CorSaiR HX650| |Open TechBench|White LeDs|PurPle UV| 
MouseMouse PadAudio
|Microsoft SideWinder X8| |SteelSeries Diablo III| |OnBoard| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising View Post
It's almost funny how Sony is being punished for rightfully defending themselves from the guy who cracked it in the first place.
I agree, I thought I was the only one who thought that.
post #28 of 34
I highly doubt any of this has anything to do with them suing Hotz. Matter of a fact, there's no telling how long these security breaches have been happening. They could just be finding out now due to the number of security firms they hired to investigate after the PSN attack. There is a possibility, this hasn't all happened at once like it appears. They are just figuring it out all at once.
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
They could just be finding out now due to the number of security firms they hired to investigate after the PSN attack. There is a possibility, this hasn't all happened at once like it appears. They are just figuring it out all at once.
Just no.
post #30 of 34
Sad. The end.
Doctor Zoidberg
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.1ghz Asus Rampage III Extreme XFX 5970 Corsair Dominator GT 3x2gb 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80gb x25m, 2x 1tb wd black windows 7 Corsair hx1000 Corsair Obsidian 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
Doctor Zoidberg
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.1ghz Asus Rampage III Extreme XFX 5970 Corsair Dominator GT 3x2gb 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80gb x25m, 2x 1tb wd black windows 7 Corsair hx1000 Corsair Obsidian 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [WSJ] Sony Finds Data Breach in Greece