Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [XG247] Saint’s Row: The Third built ground up for PC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[XG247] Saint’s Row: The Third built ground up for PC - Page 11

post #101 of 120
Anything described in a bias tone will already be wrong. Either way, if you truly want a synopsis of the main character in SR/SR2 then feel free to check out the Wikipedia pages. They are written without bias in most circumstances.
post #102 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post
I never said that was the story, but that's what Niko's person is about. Sorry if I think every GTA is good except GTA IV and every Saints Row was good makes me a fanboy of saints row 2.

GTA Fanboys
But that's not even who Niko is.... I'm not a GTA Fanboy, I've never really liked the games except for vice city. I only got 4 because it was on sale and cheap.
SR2 had horrible driving, a stupid plot. It's far from a perfect game, It also lacks polish. GTA 4 was a serious game, something GTA wasn't, but even with that said it had a good story behind it.
post #103 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post
Guy from Saints Row's Story:
1. Saved by Samuel L. Jackson wannabe
2. Mute for 99.999999% of the first game
3. Kills people (OMG!)
4. His story is that he somehow after what seemed like a few days, ended up king of some purple wearing gang called the Saints...purple wearing. Everyone knows Ballas are bustas. Anyhow, he gets blown up, on a boat, and magically survives, and through some ridiculously impossible set of circumstances, his gang ends up being worldwide with so much pull that he can call in air strikes. Yeah, ok...makes perfect sense.

GTAIV was more believable. An eastern european with military training who didn't back down from a bunch of crooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post
But that's not even who Niko is.... I'm not a GTA Fanboy, I've never really liked the games except for vice city. I only got 4 because it was on sale and cheap.
SR2 had horrible driving, a stupid plot. It's far from a perfect game, It also lacks polish. GTA 4 was a serious game, something GTA wasn't, but even with that said it had a good story behind it.
Like I said before, I still found the GTA IV story very bland and boring. I prefer gang related stories rather than European military cab drivers, sue me. I did beat GTA IV, and like I said, it was very boring, I quit it multiple times since the story was pretty bad.
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 120
I enjoy both games equally. You guys jelly?
post #105 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post
Like I said before, I still found the GTA IV story very bland and boring. I prefer gang related stories rather than European military cab drivers, sue me. I did beat GTA IV, and like I said, it was very boring, I quit it multiple times since the story was pretty bad.
then how can you implying that it's about a european cab driver... as it's not.. 3 missions doesn't make the game have a "european cab driver who kills people" story. Stop shooting yourself in the foot with ignorance, You claim that you beat it yet you claim somethign that's far from what Niko's Character was or what the story was. Then again I'd take "A european cab driver who kills people" over "a guy who has no memory was in the Saints and kills people with a dildo." for a story anyday.
post #106 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post
then how can you implying that it's about a european cab driver... as it's not.. 3 missions doesn't make the game have a "european cab driver who kills people" story. Stop shooting yourself in the foot with ignorance, You claim that you beat it yet you claim somethign that's far from what Niko's Character was or what the story was. Then again I'd take "A european cab driver who kills people" over "a guy who has no memory was in the Saints and kills people with a dildo." for a story anyday.
Smh lmao, people and their inability to realize exageration.,

TL;DR: GTA IV story is very boring to me, but multiplayer is really fun. Saints Row 2 had a fun story and awesome co-op but clunky multiplayer.
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post
Smh lmao, people and their inability to realize exageration.,

TL;DR: GTA IV story is very boring to me, but multiplayer is really fun. Saints Row 2 had a fun story and awesome co-op but clunky multiplayer.
SR2 had a horrible story...
post #108 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post
SR2 had a horrible story...
Then why are you on a Saints Row 3 thread if you're already pre-judging it without playing it? I might think GTA IV story sucked, but I'm not going to down write GTA V's story.
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post
Then why are you on a Saints Row 3 thread if you're already pre-judging it without playing it? I might think GTA IV story sucked, but I'm not going to down write GTA V's story.
I've never said I was against sr3 or 2. The story was rubbish in 2 and probably will be in 3... but that's not what you play saints row for.
post #110 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337 View Post
I've never said I was against sr3 or 2. The story was rubbish in 2 and probably will be in 3... but that's not what you play saints row for.
Then why bother arguing
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Tuned Up Gamer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 @ 3ghz Asus P6T SE Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 LG DVD-R iBuyPower Cooling Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W2486L Black 24" Vengeance® K90 Performance MMO Mechanical XION PowerReal 700W PSI CyborgX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Black Mousepad Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [XG247] Saint’s Row: The Third built ground up for PC