Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Windows xp pro download
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Windows xp pro download  

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I am looking for a downloadable copy of windows xp pro that I can use my own legal key with to reinstall an old laptop, since my recovery cd's are scratched. Any help???

Thanks
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 8gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Samsung 2tb + 2x Hitachi 2tb External 2x BENQ DVD Writer Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 24" AOC 2434 LCD + Viewmaster 15" LCD Layoff scr 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK 240 Wireless Vantec iON2 600w GIGABYTE Setto II 142 Logitech MK240 Wireless 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 8gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Samsung 2tb + 2x Hitachi 2tb External 2x BENQ DVD Writer Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 24" AOC 2434 LCD + Viewmaster 15" LCD Layoff scr 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK 240 Wireless Vantec iON2 600w GIGABYTE Setto II 142 Logitech MK240 Wireless 
  hide details  
post #2 of 12
*CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG*

But if you are using genuine activation then I think its acceptable to torrent a copy, So long as you use your genuine key.
   
MBP
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2.7 - 3.7 GHz Apple Mobo GTX650M 16GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
768GB SSD SOC OSX Mountain Lion / Windows 7  Retina IPS 2880x1800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sandy Bridge I7 2.4GHz Apppleezzz HD 6750M 16gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
1.75 TB N/A OSX//Windows 7 
  hide details  
   
MBP
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2.7 - 3.7 GHz Apple Mobo GTX650M 16GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
768GB SSD SOC OSX Mountain Lion / Windows 7  Retina IPS 2880x1800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sandy Bridge I7 2.4GHz Apppleezzz HD 6750M 16gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
1.75 TB N/A OSX//Windows 7 
  hide details  
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
True, but a cannot find a download that will allow me to enter my key, they are all pre-activated.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 8gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Samsung 2tb + 2x Hitachi 2tb External 2x BENQ DVD Writer Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 24" AOC 2434 LCD + Viewmaster 15" LCD Layoff scr 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK 240 Wireless Vantec iON2 600w GIGABYTE Setto II 142 Logitech MK240 Wireless 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 8gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Samsung 2tb + 2x Hitachi 2tb External 2x BENQ DVD Writer Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 24" AOC 2434 LCD + Viewmaster 15" LCD Layoff scr 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK 240 Wireless Vantec iON2 600w GIGABYTE Setto II 142 Logitech MK240 Wireless 
  hide details  
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
*CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG*

But if you are using genuine activation then I think its acceptable to torrent a copy, So long as you use your genuine key.
NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave85 View Post
True, but a cannot find a download that will allow me to enter my key, they are all pre-activated.
Unfortunately, you cannot just download XP and have it work (or have it be legal for that matter). If you call the manufacturer of the laptop, they should send you a new disk for free (or they might try to get you to pay shipping, but unlikely).

==========================

For Future reference to anyone who looks at this thread. Just because you have a product key, does not make downloading it acceptable according to the softwares EULA. It may be technically legal in some parts of the world, but that stands a separate issue form the EULA of the software. As a result it is Overclock.net's stance to disallow discussion, unless the download in question is from Microsoft/Microsoft Partner, and that copying a disk means you make a 1:1 backup of software you've already obtained that doesn't void the EULA.
Edited by W4LNUT5 - 6/5/11 at 6:06pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4LNUT5 View Post
NO.



Unfortunately, you cannot just download XP and have it work (or have it be legal for that matter). If you call the manufacturer of the laptop, they should send you a new disk for free (or they might try to get you to pay shipping, but unlikely).

==========================

For Future reference to anyone who looks at this thread. Just because you have a product key, does not make downloading it acceptable according to the softwares EULA. It may be technically legal in some parts of the world, but that stands a separate issue form the EULA of the software. As a result it is Overclock.net's stance to disallow discussion, unless the download in question is from Microsoft/Microsoft Partner, and that copying a disk means you make a 1:1 backup of software you've already obtained that doesn't void the EULA.

Ah alright :~)
   
MBP
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2.7 - 3.7 GHz Apple Mobo GTX650M 16GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
768GB SSD SOC OSX Mountain Lion / Windows 7  Retina IPS 2880x1800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sandy Bridge I7 2.4GHz Apppleezzz HD 6750M 16gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
1.75 TB N/A OSX//Windows 7 
  hide details  
   
MBP
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2.7 - 3.7 GHz Apple Mobo GTX650M 16GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
768GB SSD SOC OSX Mountain Lion / Windows 7  Retina IPS 2880x1800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sandy Bridge I7 2.4GHz Apppleezzz HD 6750M 16gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
1.75 TB N/A OSX//Windows 7 
  hide details  
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Ah alright :~)
what i did was go to my local PC shop and he sold me a copy for 5 bucks and he kept the serial give that a try.
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
post #7 of 12
I'v once had installed burned Windows XP. Well I could enter key, receive updates and all. Isn't that same as torrenting an copy of Windows ;>?
Sandy love
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.5GHz 1.32V Asus P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire 5850 Hd 900/1250 Mushkin Blackline 2x4GB 1.35V 
Hard DriveOptical DrivePowerCase
Crucial M4 64Gb(boot), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LG Corsair TX850W V2 Haf 932 Advanced 
  hide details  
Sandy love
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.5GHz 1.32V Asus P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire 5850 Hd 900/1250 Mushkin Blackline 2x4GB 1.35V 
Hard DriveOptical DrivePowerCase
Crucial M4 64Gb(boot), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LG Corsair TX850W V2 Haf 932 Advanced 
  hide details  
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4LNUT5 View Post
NO.



Unfortunately, you cannot just download XP and have it work (or have it be legal for that matter). If you call the manufacturer of the laptop, they should send you a new disk for free (or they might try to get you to pay shipping, but unlikely).

==========================

For Future reference to anyone who looks at this thread. Just because you have a product key, does not make downloading it acceptable according to the softwares EULA. It may be technically legal in some parts of the world, but that stands a separate issue form the EULA of the software. As a result it is Overclock.net's stance to disallow discussion, unless the download in question is from Microsoft/Microsoft Partner, and that copying a disk means you make a 1:1 backup of software you've already obtained that doesn't void the EULA.
I don't normally argue with a moderator but there is nothing wrong with peer to peer downloading, and most companies accept this and offer links to p2p downloads of their software. Its a faster method of downloading. I also know digital rights and Its perfectly legal to download software you have already purchased the rights to use.

I Understand OCN is anti piracy, and that's good . And i respect that you may not want it brought up on your forums, but he asked a question and you gave him incorrect information. It is legal universally to do what he asked. And unless you can provide a reliable source proving your original statement I merely ask you re-phrase future answers.

Furthermore your answer was quite offensive and anti-Canadian. The discrimination used implied your opinions that you think America is too good and things you consider bad would be legal in Canada.

Please note I have tried to be as respectful as possible in this. Just trying to make the internet a more truthful place.
Ghost
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS maximus IV GENE-Z Z58 MSI GTX 560 Twin Fozer III (448 Edition) 8GB G.Skill Sniper (1.25V) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB, 32MB, 7200rpm Watercool HK Rev. 3.0 LT - White Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 32" LED + LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Novatech 750W Fractal Design Arc Mini Cybord R.A.T 9 
Audio
LG 5.1 Surround Sound  
  hide details  
Ghost
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS maximus IV GENE-Z Z58 MSI GTX 560 Twin Fozer III (448 Edition) 8GB G.Skill Sniper (1.25V) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB, 32MB, 7200rpm Watercool HK Rev. 3.0 LT - White Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 32" LED + LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Novatech 750W Fractal Design Arc Mini Cybord R.A.T 9 
Audio
LG 5.1 Surround Sound  
  hide details  
post #9 of 12
Here we go again.
Two ways. Borrow a friends disk and copy it which is legal or write a letter to Microsoft support. Just provide your key and details to proof your legit and they will send you one.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0D View Post
I don't normally argue with a moderator but there is nothing wrong with peer to peer downloading, and most companies accept this and offer links to p2p downloads of their software. Its a faster method of downloading. I also know digital rights and Its perfectly legal to download software you have already purchased the rights to use.

I Understand OCN is anti piracy, and that's good . And i respect that you may not want it brought up on your forums, but he asked a question and you gave him incorrect information. It is legal universally to do what he asked. And unless you can provide a reliable source proving your original statement I merely ask you re-phrase future answers.

Furthermore your answer was quite offensive and anti-Canadian. The discrimination used implied your opinions that you think America is too good and things you consider bad would be legal in Canada.

Please note I have tried to be as respectful as possible in this. Just trying to make the internet a more truthful place.
The problem is not the legality. You are correct that I should rephrase. The problem is Microsoft's EULA for the software. Other software's EULA will most certainly be different and allow copying/lending/distributing, but in this thread the issue is Microsoft's.

Sections 8 & 10 of XP, Vista, and 7, all state what I'm talking about.

Section 8 Snippet Example from 7:


Section 10 Snippet Example from 10:


As long as you're obtaining the software from Microsoft or a Microsoft Partner then there should be no issues. Otherwise Overclock.net doesn't want it posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0D View Post
Furthermore your answer was quite offensive and anti-Canadian. The discrimination used implied your opinions that you think America is too good and things you consider bad would be legal in Canada.
That's not what I said at all. I merely meant to point to the fact that it is technically legal to download the software in some parts of the world whereas not in others. None of this matters as the EULA is the issue. I meant no offense to Canadians by pointing out their laws. I understand that laws do not equal morals. Just because we have certain laws in the US doesn't mean that I in any way support them or automatically uphold them as my morals, and I don't assume that of anyone else either. I've edited the posts to reflect what I initially meant.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Windows xp pro download