When I adjust the Overscan/Underscan in the scaling options of CCC to stretch the screen out from it's default centered spot it flickers and and becomes blurry in certain sections of the screen.
I suppose the card is your Asus 6950 2GB.
Need to know some more information before giving my suggestions:
1. Is that display a monitor or a HDTV? Brand and model?
2. What is the native resolution of the display?
3. How is the card being connected to the display? DVI? HDMI? From what output of the card to which input of the display?
4. Which CCC version are you using?
Yeah, sorry it is the ASUS 6950
1. LG E2350 LED Monitor
Any help would be much appreciated. It's currently driving me insane.
I think the most simple and easy solution is to switch from using HDMI to using DVI. Most, if not all, problems with overscan/underscan are assoicated with HDMI and/or HDTV.
So, simply connect the DVI output of 6950 to a DVI input of your monitor.
This step can also serve as a step to confirm that your monitor is not faulty.
If you still wish to try to fix the problem with HDMI, try these:-
1. Press 'Auto' Button which might help to adjust for the optimal resolution (1920x1080)
2. Follow pages 28/29 of User Manual to make adjustment (Control Panel -> Display -> Settings)
3. Update your CCC from 10.11 to a few more recent drivers (the latest being 11.5). IIRC, official support for 69xx series begin with 11.1. So, 10.11 is 'ancient' to be used with your HD6950.