Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Softpedia] AMD Bulldozer Retail Availability Postponed to Q3 2011 – Report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Softpedia] AMD Bulldozer Retail Availability Postponed to Q3 2011 – Report - Page 14

post #131 of 219
I am not threatening, I am just tired of waiting. I am promised Q2, therefore I will wait until the end of Q2. Also, I frankly do not care if Intel sends me a thank you card for buying their products. I just need something soon, I cannot continue patching my four-year old PC.
post #132 of 219
Well,they claimed Bulldozer will be better processors than sandybridge. Guess not as always.
Black Dragon
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.3 GHZ ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, B... EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 G.SKILL Ripjaws X ( 4 x 2GB) @ 1866 MHZ 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120 GB Firmware 2.21 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 X64 Alienware Optx AW2310 (1920 x 1080p) 120 HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 Corsair AX850 PLUS GOLD Certified Silverstone FT02B-W Razer Deathadder 3500 DPi 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Dragon
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.3 GHZ ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, B... EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 G.SKILL Ripjaws X ( 4 x 2GB) @ 1866 MHZ 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120 GB Firmware 2.21 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 X64 Alienware Optx AW2310 (1920 x 1080p) 120 HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 Corsair AX850 PLUS GOLD Certified Silverstone FT02B-W Razer Deathadder 3500 DPi 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #133 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
Well,they claimed Bulldozer will be better processors than sandybridge. Guess not as always.
Who claimed that?
post #134 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post
I love how people say this like a threat. AMD always has and always will make their money off of OEM and mainstream purchases. Llano will be their cash cow. One angry enthusiast "going Intel" doesn't hurt them.

The reason Intel has that huge revenue stream is because of their "jingle" and "Intel Inside" marketing. They don't care if an OCN member buys their product or AMD's.
Surely you realize that there are 100's even thousands like him that will be going Intel instead, and are tired of waiting for BD.

I've been waiting 6 months to build my 2nd rig, 'cuz I wanted to see what BD is bringing to the table. But if BD is truly delayed, I'm building it with a 2600K instead.

While BD is delayed, I'm sure Intel is making deals left and right with OEM's to use Sandy Bridge.

Heck, iMac's, Mac Pro's are using SB, Dell's thinnest laptop is using SB, HP, Alienware and all other major brands are already using SB.

Is it any coincidence that Intel has 80% market share? While ALL we hear from AMD are delays, and lack of information about BD.

Look at Intel, they had a recall, and they bounced back within weeks. That would've been a perfect time for BD to launch. What did AMD do?

We have the Phenom II, Ready, Willing and Stable.

They even went as far and made fun of Intel when they had the recall.
Edited by 2010rig - 5/25/11 at 2:54pm
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Who claimed that?
ah no one.. just AMD itself and all the AMD fanboys on this forum

go ahead, make a search
My System
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAM
ASUS M5A97 XFX 7770 Kingston HyperX  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAM
ASUS M5A97 XFX 7770 Kingston HyperX  
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post
Surely you realize that there are 100's even thousands like him that will be going Intel instead, and are tired of waiting for BD.

I've been waiting 6 months to build my 2nd rig, 'cuz I wanted to see what BD is bringing to the table. But if BD is truly delayed, I'm building it with a 2600K instead.

While BD is delayed, I'm sure Intel is making deals left and right with OEM's to use Sandy Bridge.

Heck, iMac's, Mac Pro's are using SB, Dell's thinnest laptop is using SB, HP, Alienware and all other major brands are already using SB.

Is it any coincidence that Intel has 80% market share? While ALL we hear from AMD are delays, and lack of information about BD.

Look at Intel, they had a recall, and they bounced back within weeks. That would've been a perfect time for BD to launch. What did AMD do?

We have the Phenom II, Ready, Willing and Stable.
Kinda sad that AMD is falling so behind to Intel, but it's true. About the delays, though, we don't know anything about that. Let's just hope Bulldozer comes in this quarter.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #137 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVO View Post
ah no one.. just AMD itself and all the AMD fanboys on this forum

go ahead, make a search
Show me where AMD explicitly stated that.

As far as the GlobalFoundries rumor, he's probably talking about this:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...ogy_Again.html
post #138 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post
I love how people say this like a threat. AMD always has and always will make their money off of OEM and mainstream purchases. Llano will be their cash cow. One angry enthusiast "going Intel" doesn't hurt them.

The reason Intel has that huge revenue stream is because of their "jingle" and "Intel Inside" marketing. They don't care if an OCN member buys their product or AMD's.
Try multiplying one amd user switching to intel by hundreds of thousands across the world Not just one dissapointed ocn member.

Delays nearly always hurt company revenues. especially if its competitor is offering an equally priced alternative with excellent performance.
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #139 of 219
I hope not.. I just ordered a discounted ram from New egg last night.. assuming that BD would be available on mid June.

if not.. 2500k it is xD I can't find any z68 extreme 4 tho
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
post #140 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
Kinda sad that AMD is falling so behind to Intel, but it's true. About the delays, though, we don't know anything about that. Let's just hope Bulldozer comes in this quarter.
There was a delay originally slanted earlier in this quarter. It was due to the chipset issues that the 9XX chipsets were having. This originally precluded AMD from releasing their platform earlier in April/May. They pushed back the release date to June (Q2 2011). However there have not been any further delays or postponement.



Quote:
May 24, 2011, Tuesday 18:11

Edited by 45nm - 5/25/11 at 2:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Softpedia] AMD Bulldozer Retail Availability Postponed to Q3 2011 – Report