Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq] Xbox Live Marketplace experiencing outages
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Joystiq] Xbox Live Marketplace experiencing outages - Page 2

post #11 of 29
Didn't Sony invite a hacker to a job interview, which he turned down. Sony is going need one hell of a PR team to turn their image around.
Small but mighty!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k (4.4ghz @ 1.32v) Asus Maximus Gene Z EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair XMS3 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
intel 320 120gb ssd 1 WD 10k 300gb LG blu ray burner  Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 24" 120hz Xl2420T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series G6v2 Corsair AX750 Silverstone TJ08B-e logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
Small but mighty!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k (4.4ghz @ 1.32v) Asus Maximus Gene Z EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair XMS3 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
intel 320 120gb ssd 1 WD 10k 300gb LG blu ray burner  Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 24" 120hz Xl2420T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series G6v2 Corsair AX750 Silverstone TJ08B-e logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 29
Where's the "XBL is better because we pay for it" crowd when you need them?

It's early, but it's still amusing.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post
Where's the "XBL is better because we pay for it" crowd when you need them?

It's early, but it's still amusing.
They are too busy trying to figure out how steam works.
Chimera
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 MSI 890 GXM Gigabyte 6870 reference (Two of em) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar black 750 GB Sony Optiarc 24x Dvd/Cd Rewriteable Win 7 64 bit Samsung 23" SyncMaster 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor U9BL Corsair 750w Corsair 650d Logitech G600 
Mouse Pad
Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Chimera
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 MSI 890 GXM Gigabyte 6870 reference (Two of em) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar black 750 GB Sony Optiarc 24x Dvd/Cd Rewriteable Win 7 64 bit Samsung 23" SyncMaster 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor U9BL Corsair 750w Corsair 650d Logitech G600 
Mouse Pad
Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 29
Previous generations are no indication of future performance. If they were, Sega and Atari would still be in the hardware business, Nintendo would in all likelihood be on the verge of backing out of the race and Sony would have continued their dominance of the home console market.

However, after early success, Sega and Atari's consoles failed to deliver and they were forced to leave the hardware business. The Xbox 360 gained more support and sold more units than the Xbox could have ever dreamed of. The Wii was an unlikely success, selling almost twice as many units as both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 combined, using outdated hardware even by console standards. Sony lost a massive amount of developer support and marketshare with the PS3, effectively ending their reign.

What'll happen next generation is anybody's guess, but things can change and will change. Sony's already taken the PSP, which is notorious for lacking developer support, and shown us the NGP, which has a lot of developers very excited. Who knows what they'll do with the PlayStation 4?
post #15 of 29
It'll just be a server going down [Reboot]
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
SectorNine50

+1

Hell.. I wonder how many people out there realize just *How* complex security is

I think a lot of people fail to understand what is really at stake here or how easy it is for a knowledgeable person to really get malicious.

No system is perfect and they are all leaky boats really.

Hell.. phones get "jailbroken" or "rooted" through security vulnerabilities in the operating system.. And there are more people with smartphones than psn accounts..
Sony didn't encrypt personal information. That is more than enough to fault them. Nothing on the internet is 100% and it never will be. What they should have done though is at the very least, encrypt all their customers personal information.
Oddyseus
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 750 P7P55 WS SUPERCOMPUTER NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  Corsair  1TB Hitatchi 7200 RPM ASUS DVDRW 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VH232  Dell 16" Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BE 750w CM 690 Logitec G700 There's a slot for a mouse pad now? 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core-i5 520M Acer Aspire 5740 ATI Radeon 5650m 4GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveAudio
320GB 5400RPM Creative X-Fi HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Oddyseus
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 750 P7P55 WS SUPERCOMPUTER NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  Corsair  1TB Hitatchi 7200 RPM ASUS DVDRW 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VH232  Dell 16" Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BE 750w CM 690 Logitec G700 There's a slot for a mouse pad now? 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core-i5 520M Acer Aspire 5740 ATI Radeon 5650m 4GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveAudio
320GB 5400RPM Creative X-Fi HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 29
Thats why i kept getting disconnected from Live. Thankyou Microsoft for telling us straight away
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibage View Post
Sony didn't encrypt personal information. That is more than enough to fault them. Nothing on the internet is 100% and it never will be. What they should have done though is at the very least, encrypt all their customers personal information.
I am not going to disagree with this statement however, this is also the first report of it not being encrypted I've read about.

Don't mistake me, I am not trying to defend sony for the sake of defending sony.

Yes, I love my playstation 3 but, as someone who studies comp sci and in a few years will make a living programming..

The amount of misrepresentation about what actually happened is disgusting. I want to know what happened how and why because, its someone elses mistake I would like to learn from.

Sadly by this point.. everyone has made up their minds they were absolutely sure it was "years out of date servers".. even if it was, I would like to know what constraints sony were working with within their corporation because, as stated already, upgrading company servers is incredibly difficult compared to a single end user device.

Should the information be/have been encrypted? Yes.

Was it? I don't know.

However, outside of that.. I hate how everyone and their grandmother is throwing hatred at sony in many cases without a single clue what they are talking about.

I have no desire to defend sony because, they don't pay me, they don't give me money and I have no reason to support them or defend them.

By contrast, I also refuse to not be critical of the entire situation. I want to know what really happened, how it happened, and to some degree why it happened.

Its my understand even though credit card information was obtained.. there are very, very few cases of it actually being used.

This makes me wonder if some people are just careless with their information and throwing the blame onto sony.. again, not defending sony but, I do try and explore every avenue.

Sadly.. more people are just on the band wagon to be angry at some evil giant corporation that is a scape goat for all of todays problems.

I wish more people were showing real interest in this subject instead of looking for their weekly fix of trolling.. Hell if more people showed real interest in this and in learning the ins and outs of security just maybe... maybe a future incident might possibly be avoided.
Chimera
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 MSI 890 GXM Gigabyte 6870 reference (Two of em) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar black 750 GB Sony Optiarc 24x Dvd/Cd Rewriteable Win 7 64 bit Samsung 23" SyncMaster 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor U9BL Corsair 750w Corsair 650d Logitech G600 
Mouse Pad
Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Chimera
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 MSI 890 GXM Gigabyte 6870 reference (Two of em) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar black 750 GB Sony Optiarc 24x Dvd/Cd Rewriteable Win 7 64 bit Samsung 23" SyncMaster 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor U9BL Corsair 750w Corsair 650d Logitech G600 
Mouse Pad
Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 29
...? My xbox live and marketplace is working just fine, maybe its not everyone. Either way, give me a shout when there down for a month, or even a week or two. And yes i also own a Wii and PS3, love all 3 of them haha. Playing my xbox alot more lately, kinda got bad into gears of war again.
The Gaming Beast!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge 3770k 4.6 1.22v Delidded Asus Maximus V Formula GTX 780 Superclocked ACX TridentX 16gb 8x2 2400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.skill Turbulence III Cooler Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H80i Win 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE 144HZ 1MS Corsair K70 RBG Cherry MX Red Corsair AX860i Haf X 942 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Rival SteelSeries QCK heavy+ XXL And Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia v2 Blue Aux Headset G27 With Wheelstand Pro 
Other
FC9 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
The Gaming Beast!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge 3770k 4.6 1.22v Delidded Asus Maximus V Formula GTX 780 Superclocked ACX TridentX 16gb 8x2 2400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.skill Turbulence III Cooler Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H80i Win 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE 144HZ 1MS Corsair K70 RBG Cherry MX Red Corsair AX860i Haf X 942 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Rival SteelSeries QCK heavy+ XXL And Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia v2 Blue Aux Headset G27 With Wheelstand Pro 
Other
FC9 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
I am not going to disagree with this statement however, this is also the first report of it not being encrypted I've read about.

Don't mistake me, I am not trying to defend sony for the sake of defending sony.

Yes, I love my playstation 3 but, as someone who studies comp sci and in a few years will make a living programming..

The amount of misrepresentation about what actually happened is disgusting. I want to know what happened how and why because, its someone elses mistake I would like to learn from.

Sadly by this point.. everyone has made up their minds they were absolutely sure it was "years out of date servers".. even if it was, I would like to know what constraints sony were working with within their corporation because, as stated already, upgrading company servers is incredibly difficult compared to a single end user device.

Should the information be/have been encrypted? Yes.

Was it? I don't know.

However, outside of that.. I hate how everyone and their grandmother is throwing hatred at sony in many cases without a single clue what they are talking about.

I have no desire to defend sony because, they don't pay me, they don't give me money and I have no reason to support them or defend them.

By contrast, I also refuse to not be critical of the entire situation. I want to know what really happened, how it happened, and to some degree why it happened.

Its my understand even though credit card information was obtained.. there are very, very few cases of it actually being used.

This makes me wonder if some people are just careless with their information and throwing the blame onto sony.. again, not defending sony but, I do try and explore every avenue.

Sadly.. more people are just on the band wagon to be angry at some evil giant corporation that is a scape goat for all of todays problems.

I wish more people were showing real interest in this subject instead of looking for their weekly fix of trolling.. Hell if more people showed real interest in this and in learning the ins and outs of security just maybe... maybe a future incident might possibly be avoided.
Its not really a hate band wagon for many, if not most because of the way they acted throughout the year Mainly the Geohot thing. I can't speak for anyone else here but I personally think they had it coming and if they did a bit more for their customers, the personal information hadn't have been such a great issue. If they acted faster too coming out and saying "Hey, we got hacked!", many wouldn't have felt betrayed or lied to when they dropped that bombshell.
Oddyseus
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 750 P7P55 WS SUPERCOMPUTER NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  Corsair  1TB Hitatchi 7200 RPM ASUS DVDRW 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VH232  Dell 16" Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BE 750w CM 690 Logitec G700 There's a slot for a mouse pad now? 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core-i5 520M Acer Aspire 5740 ATI Radeon 5650m 4GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveAudio
320GB 5400RPM Creative X-Fi HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Oddyseus
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 750 P7P55 WS SUPERCOMPUTER NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  Corsair  1TB Hitatchi 7200 RPM ASUS DVDRW 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VH232  Dell 16" Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX BE 750w CM 690 Logitec G700 There's a slot for a mouse pad now? 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core-i5 520M Acer Aspire 5740 ATI Radeon 5650m 4GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveAudio
320GB 5400RPM Creative X-Fi HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq] Xbox Live Marketplace experiencing outages