Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Should I buy the Naos 5000?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I buy the Naos 5000? - Page 3

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Fixed.
What are you implying? Don't tell me quake players are superior to starcraft 2
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiiYaa View Post
What are you implying? Don't tell me quake players are superior to starcraft 2
Not at all, SC2 professionals are extremely talented, its just that the mouse is used in a very different way in RTS games like SC compared to FPS games. For an example nobody plays SC2 with a low sensitivity which is more demanding of their mouse.

It doesn't REALLY matter what professionals use anyways, they are talented and will usually win with whatever mouse their sponsor tells them to use. The Kinzu has the worst sensor out of any mouse yet a few pro gamers use it.

You keep saying the problem is exaggerated and ill keep bringing it up. I was recommended the G500 at one point when I was ignorant of mice and their sensors and people did the same thing, downplay the flaws. I ended up buying it which wasted my time and money.

The sensor has positive acceleration that you cannot remove and it has a drastically lower malfunction speed on cloth mouse pads. These are 100% facts. Because of these flaws it was not the right choice for myself and many others if they had any sense.
post #23 of 33
that said, quake players are indeed the master race of gaming.
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
It doesn't REALLY matter what professionals use anyways, they are talented and will usually win with whatever mouse their sponsor tells them to use. The Kinzu has the worst sensor out of any mouse yet a few pro gamers use it.
So if professionals doesn't get any worse with those mice, then why would any other person? Logitech doesn't sponsor those progamers so thats not the reason why g9x is being used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
You keep saying the problem is exaggerated and ill keep bringing it up. I was recommended the G500 at one point when I was ignorant of mice and their sensors and people did the same thing, downplay the flaws. I ended up buying it which wasted my time and money.
I'm not downplaying it, I'm just stating the facts 4-5% acceleration at most. Thats hardly impossible to play with as you, cuad and the wmo guy are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
The sensor has positive acceleration that you cannot remove and it has a drastically lower malfunction speed on cloth mouse pads. These are 100% facts. Because of these flaws it was not the right choice for myself and many others if they had any sense.
malfunction speed doesn't matter, only perfect control speed does and its only on certain mousepads that it gets really bad
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiiYaa View Post
So if professionals doesn't get any worse with those mice, then why would any other person? Logitech doesn't sponsor those progamers so thats not the reason why g9x is being used



I'm not downplaying it, I'm just stating the facts 4-5% acceleration at most. Thats hardly impossible to play with as you, cuad and the wmo guy are saying.



malfunction speed doesn't matter, only perfect control speed does and its only on certain mousepads that it gets really bad
My point was, so effing what if a professional uses the mouse. Just because they can and do doesn't mean I want to spend $80+ on a mouse with a flawed sensor and try to adapt to those flaws when I can buy a cheaper mouse that doesn't have the flaw in the first place.

Its funny that you mention perfect control speed being important while supporting a sensor that has positive acceleration even at low speeds which eliminates any decent perfect control speed. If you forgot what the term means here you go from the mouse score :

"Perfect Control
When you move your mouse it may result in turning your viewpoint in an FPS game, moving the cursor in an RTS game, or something else like rotating a tank turret. In each case the importance of using a mouse is the proportionate response. If you move the mouse slowly you expect to turn slowly or the cursor to scroll slowly. If you move quickly you want to be turning faster or the cursor to move quickly across the screen. If someone creeps up behind you in a game you want to be able to make a wild flick of the mouse to face your opponent quickly and return fire. The ideal mouse response is a linear one, where moving the mouse twice as fast results in a response of "twice as much". I define Perfect Control as the top speed up to which the mouse performs exactly as it should."
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
My point was, so effing what if a professional uses the mouse. Just because they can and do doesn't mean I want to spend $80+ on a mouse with a flawed sensor and try to adapt to those flaws when I can buy a cheaper mouse that doesn't have the flaw in the first place.
I agree with that. In the case with the mionix theres the 3200 which has a better sensor, but with other mices there might not be other options. Its more important to find a comfortable mouse than 4-5% acceleration. Ofcourse theres exceptions if the sensor is completely awful but the avago 9500 isn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Its funny that you mention perfect control speed being important while supporting a sensor that has positive acceleration even at low speeds which eliminates any decent perfect control speed. If you forgot what the term means here you go from the mouse score :

"Perfect Control
When you move your mouse it may result in turning your viewpoint in an FPS game, moving the cursor in an RTS game, or something else like rotating a tank turret. In each case the importance of using a mouse is the proportionate response. If you move the mouse slowly you expect to turn slowly or the cursor to scroll slowly. If you move quickly you want to be turning faster or the cursor to move quickly across the screen. If someone creeps up behind you in a game you want to be able to make a wild flick of the mouse to face your opponent quickly and return fire. The ideal mouse response is a linear one, where moving the mouse twice as fast results in a response of "twice as much". I define Perfect Control as the top speed up to which the mouse performs exactly as it should."
Well thats the thing about the avago 9500. It might have acceleration 4-5% but its consistent up to 4,19ms after that it gets worse. The sensor perform as its made to perform up to 4,19ms so it does fall under perfect control speed
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiiYaa View Post
Well thats the thing about the avago 9500. It might have acceleration 4-5% but its consistent up to 4,19ms after that it gets worse. The sensor perform as its made to perform up to 4,19ms so it does fall under perfect control speed
I disagree, any acceleration destroys the definition of the measurement.

I forgot to mention the part about its problem hitting negative acceleration on cloth pads. Under no circumstances will A9500 EVER perform to those rated speeds on a cloth pad. The only exception that I can think of that might would be one of the artisan pads.

I tested two G500's and a Xai on the Talent, Qck, Goliathus speed and CM storm AK pad and they all have a lower malfunction speed than the MX518, the deathadder surpasses all of them. On a hard pad yes, the 9500 sensor has a godlike malfunction speed that I didn't hit during normal gameplay nor was I able to hit it while swiping as fast as I could.

EDIT:Thought I should add this, I can only assume Puretrak tested the 9500 while investigating on which sensor to use in their Valor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNick View Post
The positive accel found on the standard ADNS-9500 SROM was in fact not so slight. It ended up being uncontrollable throughout it's scalable DPI settings.

Edited by Derp - 5/27/11 at 9:51am
post #28 of 33
Thread Starter 
What is malfunction speed?

I will be using this mouse on a hard pad (Steelseries 4HD). From what I've understood from your discussions, the 9500 will work alright on a hard pad?

I might just go pick up the Deathadder, my local computer shop has the 3500 3G one on sale for $40. What happened to the Mamba? When it came out it seemed like everyone was talking about it, but now no one seems to mention it at all. Is it a good mouse? The same shop has it on sale today for $90. Perhaps that would be an alright option?

I'll go through and rep people later, don't worry .
Ace
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper G.Skill Ares Series 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 PRO Series 256GB WD Scorpio Black 750GB Asus External XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 EK Supreme HF Swiftech MCP355 w/ EK Top Windows 8 Professional Plus MC 64-Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG W2442PA 24" 1080P LG W2442PA 24" 1080P Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W SFX  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Compact Splash #001 Mionix Naos 5000 Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ace
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper G.Skill Ares Series 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 PRO Series 256GB WD Scorpio Black 750GB Asus External XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 EK Supreme HF Swiftech MCP355 w/ EK Top Windows 8 Professional Plus MC 64-Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG W2442PA 24" 1080P LG W2442PA 24" 1080P Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W SFX  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Compact Splash #001 Mionix Naos 5000 Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneman View Post
What is malfunction speed?

I will be using this mouse on a hard pad (Steelseries 4HD). From what I've understood from your discussions, the 9500 will work alright on a hard pad?

I might just go pick up the Deathadder, my local computer shop has the 3500 3G one on sale for $40. What happened to the Mamba? When it came out it seemed like everyone was talking about it, but now no one seems to mention it at all. Is it a good mouse? The same shop has it on sale today for $90. Perhaps that would be an alright option?

I'll go through and rep people later, don't worry .
Malfunction speed is the speed at which the sensor will stop tracking. About the avago 9500, yes it tracks perfectly on hardpads

Go to the local computer store and try to see which one fit your hand the best. Even you are not allowed to take the mice out of their boxes you can still in most cases open the front of the box and put your hand on the mouse

palm grip and larger hands I would go for the mionix naos 3200 or razer deathadder black edition

if you use clawgrip or fingertip and have smaller hands I would definately go for the cm storm spawn, its pretty much flawless with the new firmware
Edited by HaiiYaa - 5/27/11 at 11:21am
post #30 of 33
I can tell you that I have played call of duty 100s and 100s of hours with my G7 I had over 5 years was first place most of the time on every series I played all game types.Hardly ever fell past third.I have had the mionix naos 5000 for around 6 to 8 weeks after a couple of days adjusting and going from 800 dpi to 1800 on the naos 5000 I am right where I left off with my G7.
Old Hat
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW 5870 Vapor-X (First Edition) Mushkin Redline 2X2GB 1600Mhz 7-7-7-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640MB WD6401AALS Samsung Window's 7 Ultimate x64 LG 22" Widescreen 8000:1 2MS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Ice Corsair TX750 Antec 900 Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse Pad
C4 NGen 
  hide details  
Reply
Old Hat
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW 5870 Vapor-X (First Edition) Mushkin Redline 2X2GB 1600Mhz 7-7-7-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640MB WD6401AALS Samsung Window's 7 Ultimate x64 LG 22" Widescreen 8000:1 2MS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Ice Corsair TX750 Antec 900 Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse Pad
C4 NGen 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Should I buy the Naos 5000?