Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › New to watercooling, looking for help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New to watercooling, looking for help - Page 2

post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
Sounds good. You should also look into compression fittings if you can afford them. I'm slowly switching to all compression fittings.
at $8 a pop and since I would need to get all new ones I might do them at a later time but its not a $64 cost that I want to pay right now. Also, where can I find a kill coil or some PT nuke? I am ordering all the other stuff off of Jab tech so that I only have to pay shipping once but they don't have either of these.
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.FBI View Post
at $8 a pop and since I would need to get all new ones I might do them at a later time but its not a $64 cost that I want to pay right now. Also, where can I find a kill coil or some PT nuke? I am ordering all the other stuff off of Jab tech so that I only have to pay shipping once but they don't have either of these.
Yea that's the problem. I'm switching to these for $5 each. The only problem is I only have 2 and need 10 more.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=28402
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
Yea that's the problem. I'm switching to these for $5 each. The only problem is I only have 2 and need 10 more.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=28402
Ya, I'm sure they look great but first I think I should get a case that's actually watercooling friendly and that I actually like, unfortunately due to my motherboard I am going to probably have to get an M10 from case labs, while its a great case its a little bit expensive.
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
Umm no on the tubing. OP you would be fine with 5 feet on its own. Tubing size really doesn't matter. Just make sure to match the ID of the tubing with the barbs. So if you go with 3/8 ID tubing go with 3/8 barbs. Those clamps previously suggested are the biggest pain and I personally hate taking them off. If you are going to be using barbs as opposed to compression fittings I would just go with zip ties (tighten them with pliers) or just get some worm clamps from Lowes. If you want to go a little more expensive go with compression fittings. These do not need clamps and look beautiful but are way more expensive at a bout $4-$5 per fitting.
Umm YES on the tubing. OP wants answers to good tubing so I am providing MY answer. Pretty rude of you. The thicker the tube wall the more it can bend before kinking.
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlander View Post
Umm YES on the tubing. OP wants answers to good tubing so I am providing MY answer. Pretty rude of you. The thicker the tube wall the more it can bend before kinking.
You are telling him to buy WAY more tubing then you need. And also when you have a thick wall it makes it harder to bend and they can't be as tight.
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
You are telling him to buy WAY more tubing then you need. And also when you have a thick wall it makes it harder to bend and they can't be as tight.
WAY too much? Not really that depends on a lot of things. First of all this is his 1st build. He will most likely make mistakes. That extra length of tubing will cover him in case of a miss cut, general messup, miss measurement, or loop order redesign or having to find new places to mount stuff. So you are saying you would buy the exact length you needed from the store? Such a bad idea. Things change. And I for one am not going to delay a build by 3-4 days(AND spend an extra $7 on shipping) because I didn't not want to spent $10 to order some extra tube because i came short 4 inches. Do what you want OP, but if $10 really means that much to you then you shouldn't be water cooling. About the wall thickness, yea of course the tube may be a little harder to bend, but are you going to be holding it in that position the entire time or will the barbs do that for you? I don't even know why you made that argument. Thicker walls means less kink.
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlander View Post
WAY too much? Not really that depends on a lot of things. First of all this is his 1st build. He will most likely make mistakes. That extra length of tubing will cover him in case of a miss cut, general messup, miss measurement, or loop order redesign or having to find new places to mount stuff. So you are saying you would buy the exact length you needed from the store? Such a bad idea. Things change. And I for one am not going to delay a build by 3-4 days(AND spend an extra $7 on shipping) because I didn't not want to spent $10 to order some extra tube because i came short 4 inches. Do what you want OP, but if $10 really means that much to you then you shouldn't be water cooling. About the wall thickness, yea of course the tube may be a little harder to bend, but are you going to be holding it in that position the entire time or will the barbs do that for you? I don't even know why you made that argument. Thicker walls means less kink.
I never said he needed to get the exact amount?? Unless he's going to be making a bow around his rig with tubing your suggestion of adding 5 feet to his estimate he will need is completely ridiculous. I got by with 5 feet through 4 loop redesigns. And your tubing wall thickness is going to make minimal difference.
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
I never said he needed to get the exact amount?? Unless he's going to be making a bow around his rig with tubing your suggestion of adding 5 feet to his estimate he will need is completely ridiculous. I got by with 5 feet through 4 loop redesigns. And your tubing wall thickness is going to make minimal difference.
K. As I said OP do as you want. If $10 means that much to you then water cooling shouldn't be your hobby. Mistakes happen, but I guess since you are perfect, you have never needed extra tube. Man, $10 is a lot of money to be wasting you know.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlander View Post
K. As I said OP do as you want. If $10 means that much to you then water cooling shouldn't be your hobby. Mistakes happen, but I guess since you are perfect, you have never needed extra tube. Man, $10 is a lot of money to be wasting you know.
How difficult is it to plan your loop so you don't leave something too short. I'm pretty sure OP has half a brain at least so it won't be too difficult. Watercooling is expensive so plan stuff out and make sure everything is right before you do anything permanent. Ever heard of "Measure twice, cut once"??
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
I am not involved in this argument going on, I'll probably get 5 feet because I figure I will only need 2 feet, I haven't made any measurements and have only purchased the PT nuke. I'll make some measurements and then decide on how much tubing I will need, due to my barb sizes and tubing availability I will be going wtih 7/16" ID and 5/8" OD red primochill tubing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › New to watercooling, looking for help