Originally Posted by bounceback
I am interested in getting a new HDTV since my last one is on its last leg from 2006 that I got from the After Thanksgiving sale. I am debating between the Dell 30 and this. I went in best buy and like some of the LED tvs and lcd but some of the plasmas look good too. I hate that 240hz look though it makes everything look like a foreign reality show or something.
Coolness is a big factor too because the Polaroid I have now is basically a heater with the capability of displaying picture on it. I had my eye on the new Samsung's 46-55 but I see the return rate is super high. Any help would be appreciated.
Take this from someone who actually known's what he's talking about..
I have a 54Inch plasma, here's why
- better color picture\\contrast then LCD
- better black colors then LCD
- better refresh speed then LCD (600Hz)
- 1080P (same as LCD)
- smooth motion, no blur like LCD
- its hot (it warms up my basement nicely, however this is good for me)
- uses more power then LCD
- isn't always 100% resolution compatible with PC (easily fixed with scaling options with video card settings)
- burn in is possible but only by leaving a static image on for days on end
Its suggested you use your plasma TV for aprox 100 hours of use before leaving a static image on even for an hour or so (windows desktop is a good example or a static image). I left my TV on for a couple of days. lol
- If you plan on gaming, watching movies (like I do) then there is absolutely no concern. The other thing is that you should lower the brightness and contract on your plasma for the first 100 hours.
Take if for what its worth, people will try to sell you an LCD way before a Plasma, but Plasma's are still the best as far as Image quality is concerned.
You would have to buy a 3000$ LCD to even compare to a 1200$ plasma.
Good luck!Edited by thestef - 5/28/11 at 3:01pm